News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Do you exploit glitches?

Started by Rayquarian, August 22, 2009, 05:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you consider it okay to exploit glitches?

Yes
5 (50%)
No
5 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Rayquarian

I do.  After all, they are programmed into the game, so technically, anything obtained from an exploited glitch is legal.

Magnum

Not really. I really don't enjoy using them that much unless they just make something funny, like getting outside of maps just to be outside.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Cornwad

When I had the Japanese Pearl version I liked using the black hole glitch.

jnfs2014

Friendly Hostile

No, since it often times means risking certain data or cheapening the game play in my opinion.

bluaki

Depends on:
How much it feels much like cheating to me
How interesting the glitch is
Whether it'll also negatively affect my gameplay or mess up my save file
Whether it affects my pokemon unrealistically
Whether the cheat-less glitch-less way to obtain the same result is ridiculous (like starting a new file just to get another copy of a TM, or whatever)

Same ideas I use with cheat codes. The only Pokemon game glitches I've used are the G/S PC cloning and Red/Blue's missingno

Gwen Khan

only the cloning glitch in Emerald

Lotos

Drezford_the_Rebell

As Bluak says, it depends on the risks:rewards ratio. Though, I like to at least try it once to see if it works, but that's just because of my own curiosity.

Diloon

RX-78-2

Glitches aren't programmed into the game. It's just that they weren't programmed out of it. That's why they're glitches; problems, inconsistencies, etc. They aren't meant to be used; that's why patches and updates are issued in order to fix and/or remove them.

I don't exploit them in any games. The only time I can remember doing so is the Missingno. glitch in Red version (I was like 8 years old). It was erased by Pok?mon Stadium anyway :(.

The only other time I use them is in a "fool around" private match in, say, Team Fortress 2, but that's a bit off-topic. I hate when people use them in any online game, and if I played Pok?mon online, I wouldn't want anyone to use them against me, so why should I use them myself? I don't clone anything or take advantage of any glitches. I think they're unfair.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************