News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Well that's a shame.

Started by Friendly Hostile, June 17, 2008, 12:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendly Hostile

I recently dug out all my old Pokemon games, since me and my friends had a wave of nostalgia and were discussing Pokemans the other day.  However I saw that the internal batteries had finally died in my Gold and Silver cartridges.  I figured I'd ask if any of you know if I can get them replace and if it'd be worth it? And discuss nostalgia of Pokemon or something.

ThePowerOfOne

God that sucks, I just saw Crystal at the Games Exchange up the street from my house, but I didn't bother buying it. I knew it would just die eventually, if it already handn't... I heard you can go to Radioshack or something and they will replace it for you. I don't know if Nintendo will still do it for free... But I don't think its worth it. Its just going to keep happening, and you'll have to keep replacing the battery.

If you REALLY want to play them again, I guess you could just Google it for some better help.

Friendly Hostile

Thing is, my Crystal version is still going strong, and I only bought it about a year after Gold and Silver.

GreatGonzales106

Last time I checked, my Gold's internal battery was still working, but my Silver's wasn't. I got those at almost the same time, too.

Kilroy

I believe the internal battery is identical to a kind of watch battery.

I'd have to go through Google to find the page, but it was step-by-step instructions on how to replace the battery etc.
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

icezora

Gold, silver, and crystal's internal batteries died, :'( of course i like playing the metal series, but its sad. Oh yeah also red and blue are beyond dead, but i still like playing them,
so how do you replace the internal batteries.

Smashin

Only my Silver's internal battery died. My Gold, two Crystals, Ruby, Emerald, and LeafGreen are all intact.

Java

How do they die?

Is it based on how much you've played the game?

Qsmash

My cousin got Crystal from Gamestop a week ago and I was surprised it still worked.

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: Smashin on June 23, 2008, 07:45:45 PM
Only my Silver's internal battery died. My Gold, two Crystals, Ruby, Emerald, and LeafGreen are all intact.
I'm pretty sure GSC were the only ones to have the battery issue.  Nintendo corrected the issue later on.

thunderhero4

If you cant find it, all pokemon games on GBC are like 50 cents used now! :P

Macawmoses

Quote from: thunderhero4 on June 24, 2008, 11:04:27 PM
still, it isn't the same.

thunderhero4

Quote from: mackormoses on June 24, 2008, 11:06:55 PM
Quote from: thunderhero4 on June 24, 2008, 11:04:27 PM
still, it isn't the same.
Yeah, you are right... :(

GreatGonzales106

Quote from: Java_Java on June 23, 2008, 10:12:58 PM
How do they die?

Is it based on how much you've played the game?
It might be, but it wouldn't make sense in my case because I played Gold more than Silver and my Silver is the dead one.

X_Hero

I haven't looked at mine in a while, so I think they may have also died, but I'm not sure...

This is why they HAVE to make remakes of Gold and Silver. Soon, nobody will be able to play them.