News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

What if HG/SS sucks?

Started by Drezford_the_Rebell, January 25, 2010, 01:11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drezford_the_Rebell

What would happen if they manage to screw this up?

They've already made a few moves that made me blink twice.

each time.

I mean, having a pokemon follow you was cool in Yellow version.

...Because it was yellow version.

you know, a gimmick on the cartoon.

The cartoon that sucks now.

They also got rid of Kris. The one female protagonist I could be proud to play as. This new one seems souless, like all the other ones.

Given, Platinum was a rather decent game. It was better than D/P by a rather large margin, with the only fallback being the game's story and map. Being that the G/S/C Story/map was delicious, I don't think this will be a problem.

But what if they try to hard to make these the best pokemon games ever? Cloying them with all the gimmicks of other games, while forgetting to give the games an identity of their own?

I don't know about you, but I've grown about as skeptical of Nintendo about 1/10 as much as I'm skeptical of Sonic Team. Small fraction or not, that's actually a intercourse ing lot. So I pose the question.

What if HG/SS sucks?

DededeCloneChris

Meh, I don't believe it will suck.

JrDude

Then all is lost.
Another question is, who cares? 90% of people who still buy Pokémon games will buy it anyway, even if it sucks, and 50% of those people will overrate it and say it was awesome.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Friendly Hostile

Based on what Bluaki has shared with us about the games, they won't suck.

Zero

You're being overwhelmingly pessimistic, if not a tad critical. They'll be fine games. I don't really see why any of the complaints you made would affect the game as a whole either.

So, I'll assume this is a hypothetical question. If they suck then I wasted 70 dollars and a bit of time, that's about it really. No skin off my nose.

jnfs2014

Then I will come into your house and slit your throat in the night.

Silverhawk79

I will be sorely disappointed, but I will play the hell out of it anyways.

Custom

How can they suck...

When they're all the same?

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Silverhawk79

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Customrobo13 on January 25, 2010, 07:50:49 AM
How can they suck...

When they're all the same?
Pretty much this; Every of the portable pokemon games are built the same with some new changes each time. This is built to be a remake of a generation enjoyed by Pokemon fans.

I'm however not getting it due to
1)Needing DS Games to catch up on.
2)I won't be in town when it comes out.
3)I have more care/love for most of the spin-offs anyways.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Lotos

I just wasted $70 then and I got a DSi for no reason.

Spud

They're remakes of Gold and Silver. Something major is going to have to happen before HG/SS sucks.

Gwen Khan

at this point the only way it could suck is if they hired a illiterate 5 year old to do the translating

Rius

Quote from: Gwen Khan on January 25, 2010, 10:14:07 AM
at this point the only way it could suck is if they hired a illiterate 5 year old to do the translating
Psshaw. They already did that.

"I like shorts."

Drezford_the_Rebell

Quote from: Rius on January 25, 2010, 06:12:34 PM
Psshaw. They already did that.

"I like shorts."

Hey man, that was a very proud moment in the history of the English language.

Though, I realize it's being a bit pessimistic, but it's food for thought at least, hinting at the question "what if they try too hard"

Because LeafGreen and FireRed were made to that a new generation of pokemon fans (you know, the one who grew up with the dumb 252+ pokemon) could play the game as if it had just come out.

Though this game looks more like they want it to be the best pokemon game ever created.

And I am skeptical.