News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Favorite Rival?

Started by DededeCloneChris, March 15, 2010, 08:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

Pokemon games always include a rival who has an advantage over you (mainly starter). However, which one do you like the most? If you forgot who they are, here they are.

FireRed / LeafGreen - Gary (AKA Blue)
HeartGold / SoulSilver - Silver (AKA Silver)
Sapphire / Ruby / Emerald - Brendan (AKA Ruby) / May (AKA Sapphire) / Wally (since he follows you, he's considered a rival)
Diamond / Pearl / Platinum - Barry (AKA Pearl)

I think Barry is the one for one. He's always trying to... Oh, wait a minute. That guy is a bit annoying. Cross that. My favorite would be Silver so far. His battle theme sounds so upbeat, and his personality is the best.

Which one is the best for you and why?

ThePowerOfOne

Probably Gary, just because I remember him from my first Pokemon game. Silver is a close second, though.

Nayrman

Favorite rival?
But of course, GARY MOTHERFUCKING OAK

Gary. I just thought about this earlier when I saw the rival in SS.
...̅̅̅

SkyMyl

GARY MOTHERFUCKING OAK, the only rival to beat you and succeed in his quest to Champion, shortly before you dethrone him. Silver gets a mention, as he's not a copypasta like the others.

Lotos

After reading the thread, I would have to say Gary Oak, only because he's always ahead of you and he is
Quote from: MasterYoungLink on March 15, 2010, 09:37:15 PM
the only rival to beat you and succeed in his quest to Champion, shortly before you dethrone him.

???/Sliver gets a mention as he's a power hungry monster, something that the others were not (unless Gary was, but he probably wasn't to the degree that ??? is).  He's also always ahead of you, but not to the degree that Gary Oak is (from the copypasta, he's always there when your Pokémon are in critical condition).  He also is badass enough to STEAL his first Pokémon, disrespect the elder of Sprout Tower, and skip the gyms where the gym leaders are not present.  Let's not forget,
Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on March 15, 2010, 08:48:16 PM
His battle theme sounds so upbeat, and his personality is the best.
It's even better in HG/SS.  ??"? is definitely a very close second.