The Amazingly Awesome Adventures of Whiteboard World’s Geometrical Groupies

Started by Light, January 26, 2009, 10:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Light

One day, or month, or year, the existence of the Whiteboard World was created. Whiteboard World was homely to all of its residents; shapes, numbers, and even people lived in complete harmony. Everyone was happy all the time, and no one had a care in the world...

On a bright summer morning, three shape friends went out of their geometrical homes and met. They were a circle, a triangle, and a square... and they were appropriately named Circle, Triangle, and Square. Circle was the leader of the group, Triangle was the judgmental but enthusiastic one, and Square was the often depressed one. They hung out all the time, and were hardly ever seen without each other.

"So, what should we do today?" Circle asked after they had walked around for awhile. Triangle raised a hand that seemingly came out of nowhere.

"Ooh! Me, me, me, me!" Triangle hopped up and down. If Circle and Square had eyes, they would have stared at Triangle to make him stop. However, they did not have that luxury.

"Yes... Triangle?" Circle asked after what seemed like an eternity. Triangle took a deep breath in. Oh no, Circle thought.

"We can go to the place and see the thing and then go to another place and do the thing that we do when we go to that place and then we can fly around town and then go to the museum! And then we can paint at the park and see all the birds and then we can fly around town again and go out of town and look at it and say 'ooh, it's pretty from up here!' and then we can come back into the town and go home and eat dinner and go to sleep and wake up and do the whole thing all over again!" Triangle tried to smile, but then remembered he didn't have a face, so he just floated there.

"Yes, we COULD do that," Circle began, "but we did that yesterday, remember?"

"Oh yeah..." Triangle said, vaguely recalling the experience. "Well, I'm out of ideas!" Square solemnly sat on the sidewalk.

"I have an idea," Square said sadly. "We could all have rain clouds follow us for the rest of the day."

"Why would we want to do that?" Circle asked.

"So that you could all know my pain and suffering," Square said. It was at this point in time that Circle and Triangle noticed that a rain cloud was floating above Square, and was only raining on him.

"Boring!" Triangle said, pulling out what looked like a piece of bread from nowhere. "I'm going to eat toast!" He took a bite of it, even though he did not have a mouth. But in Whiteboard World, anything is possible.

"Hey, how come we couldn't stare at Triangle earlier, then?" Circle asked. Wait a moment, no breaking the fourth wall! Do you know how much trouble I could get into for this sort of crime?

Anyway, as Triangle was gleefully eating his toast, three similar shapes swimmingly segued onto the scene. These shapes looked somewhat different then the other three; they were in three dimensions. They were a sphere, a pyramid, and a cube... and they were named Sphere, Pyramid, and Cube. "Good day to take a walk in the park, wouldn't you say?" Sphere asked the three two dimensional shapes.

"Hey, you look just like me!" Circle noted. Sphere was taken aback.

"What do you mean?" He asked. "I'm a sphere, and you're a circle!"

"...Yeah, no," Circle said. "I don't get it." Triangle and Square nodded in agreement.

"Err... fine!" At that moment, Sphere transformed into a cylinder. Even though he was a different shape, however, his name was still Sphere. "Now do you understand?"

"Nope," The three two dimensional shapes said in reply. Sphere the cylinder sighed.

"All my efforts for naught," he muttered to himself.

"Don't be so hard on yourself," Cube said. "It was a rather convincing performance, in my eyes. I rather liked the whole transformation scene."

"...You talk funny!" Triangle exclaimed, and began to laugh.

"You wretched, inferior shape!" Sphere retorted, ashamed of his friend being verbally assaulted. "You think you're the only one with feelings, and think that the world only revolves around you! Well, here's a wakeup call to all of you! Hear, hear; the people of the world need to hear this cry, as many of the world's children seek for shelter and comfort, and whilst you better yourself in self-pleasure, the world around you begins to crumble away. Do you not understand?!"

Silence for a moment, maybe two. Afterwards, Triangle spoke up. "Well, you're dumb." And with that, Circle, Triangle, and Square floated away, leaving a baffled Sphere behind.

"Lads, we shall plot our revenge," Sphere muttered. Meanwhile, Circle, Triangle, and Square sighed. They had lost track of the time, and now their day was over.

"Well, I guess I'll see you guys tomorrow," Circle said as he began to head home. "Hopefully we can actually do something then."

"Okay, bye!" Triangle said. He then began to head home, leaving Square and his rain cloud all alone.

"..." Square sighed sorrowfully, and began to go home as well. Maybe tomorrow won't be so bad... As if on cue, he was struck by a bolt of lightning. ...Or maybe it will.

To be continued...?
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Triforce_Luigi

Haha, pretty good. Creative premise, mixed with entertaining dialogue. Nice. 8)