News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Death Metal Anyone?

Started by tibar21, August 22, 2008, 09:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

Quote from: thunderhero4 on August 23, 2008, 12:19:55 AM
2 worst forms of music: Rap and Death Metal.

Death metal is what emos generally enjoy, and it has to do with hell and all that. Its not even music, its just screaming with abused instruments in the background.

Rap is what gangsters generally enjoy. It talks about death and killing, as well as gang banging and slutty women. It uses the words "intercourse " and "n_gger" alot, and I disapprove. Its also not even music, just fancy talking with a beat to it.

You fail at stereotypes and the knowledge of music.

Java

Quote from: `Matt` on December 27, 2008, 03:51:46 AM
Quote from: thunderhero4 on August 23, 2008, 12:19:55 AM
2 worst forms of music: Rap and Death Metal.

Death metal is what emos generally enjoy, and it has to do with hell and all that. Its not even music, its just screaming with abused instruments in the background.

Rap is what gangsters generally enjoy. It talks about death and killing, as well as gang banging and slutty women. It uses the words "f***" and "negro" alot, and I disapprove. Its also not even music, just fancy talking with a beat to it.

You fail at stereotypes and the knowledge of music.
There's no point in replying to him, he doesn't come here anymore.

Eizweir

Death Metal...
I can respect it, but I'm still going to avoid it like a plague >_<

Now Power Metal on the other hand....
Amazing (except for DragonForce, they're just good, not amazing)  Bands like Sonata Arctica, Kamelot, Stratovarius, Rhapsody of Fire, Dragonland, etc.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Beatnik

There are some really great power metal bands. It's probably the most widely appealing subgenre of metal, friends of mine who can't stand 90% of metal can even enjoy power metal.
"I like cigarettes, Mrs. Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind-and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression..."

HTA!

There is more to rap than meets the eye as well...

Some is total poop,I'll give you that.
But there are a few artists that have some serious musical talent...

Ron

Quote from: HTA on December 28, 2008, 04:53:26 PM

Some is total s***,I'll give you that.
I can agree with that.
Take Fort Minor for instance. They don't have songs about sex drugs and women.

Click me ^

Beatnik

Some is total poop,I'll give you that.

I think the most talented rapper of all time is Soulja Boy.
"I like cigarettes, Mrs. Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind-and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression..."

Ron

Quote from: Beatnik on December 30, 2008, 07:25:47 PM

Some is total s***,I'll give you that.

I think the most talented rapper of all time is Soulja Boy.
You deserve a kick in the nuts for that.

Click me ^

Beatnik

You're wrong, Soulja Boy is the best rapper on the planet.

Ron

Quote from: Beatnik on January 02, 2009, 08:01:36 PM
You're wrong, Soulja Boy is the best rapper on the planet.
Ok, now you deserve to be raped.

Click me ^

Beatnik

Soulja Boy will protect me.

RevolutionSoldier

I'm not really into any type of mental. I more into ska. Bands like Streetlight Manifesto, Real Big Fish, MustardPlug, and the AquaBats. It kinda of shame that ska isn't mainstream yet.
Quote from:  Emma GoldmanResistance to tyranny is mans highest ideal.

Quote from:  Huey NewtonThe Revolution has always been fought in the hands of the young. The young always inherit the revolution.

Metalbott

Zero

Quote from: RevolutionSoldier on January 03, 2009, 05:09:47 PM
I'm not really into any type of mental. I more into ska. Bands like Streetlight Manifesto, Real Big Fish, MustardPlug, and the AquaBats. It kinda of shame that ska isn't mainstream yet.

Ska's been in and out of the mainstream several times.

Java

Quote from: RevolutionSoldier on January 03, 2009, 05:09:47 PM
I'm not really into any type of mental.
Mental music. XD
I'm sure that sounds interesting.