News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Horrible TV Shows

Started by Linkman, November 20, 2008, 06:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qsmash

Cartoons these days are made for retarded baboons. (wtf is flapjack?! Some sort of spongebob ripoff?!) I'm starting to hate kid shows in general.

Also, what happened to drawing cartoons?

Zovistograt

Quote from: Qsmashbro on November 26, 2008, 03:59:53 PM
Cartoons these days are made for retarded baboons. (wtf is flapjack?! Some sort of spongebob ripoff?!) I'm starting to hate kid shows in general.

At least quality still remains with anime.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Jono2

all of the stupid CBC poop that they claim is "canada's number one hit comedy!"  and such poop.

let me get back to watching Lost, House, and The Office.

Heroes is a guilty pleasure for me.  I know it's a piece of poop show, but I watch it anyways. :\

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Tupin

Hey, I would rather see complete CGI rather than an attempt to blend drawn characters animated with CGI.

Flapjack isn't a rip-off of Spongebob, it's a ripoff of Chowder, which was a rip-off of Spongebob.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on November 26, 2008, 05:18:26 PM

Hey, I would rather see complete CGI rather than an attempt to blend drawn characters animated with CGI.

Flapjack isn't a rip-off of Spongebob, it's a ripoff of Chowder, which was a rip-off of Spongebob.
CGI needs to die altogether. It's fine for special effects or specific CGI movies (in which there are TOO MANY these days *glares at Dreamworks and Pixar*), but it has no place in tv.
Also, you can blame idiot America's views on animation for the lack of quality in todays "cartoons" (meaning most average americans think: "DUR CAHTOONS AH FOH DA KIDZ AYND DEY MUS BE LIEK REETAHRDEEEED!")

Tupin

I'm not sure when the downturn of kids cartoons started exactly, but I think by the mid 90's show creators were getting lazy, and they stopped trying when they realized they didn't HAVE to make a good cartoon to get viewers.

CGI and computer animation basically saved cartoons all together. I mean, Disney made what in the 80's, Black Cauldron? Also the last 100% hand drawn and animated feature film, so that should say something. The whole form of entertainment would be dead if it wasn't for computers because computers opened up so many possibilities. Something that would take four or five years to make by hand would take a year and a half to make with CGI.

It all depends on the amount of effort put in, but since less effort seems to be put into CGI cartoons than normal ones, that's why a majority of people dislike them. Networks LOVE CGI because they can have five or six shows in production at the same time rather than just one or two.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on November 26, 2008, 06:35:08 PM
I'm not sure when the downturn of kids cartoons started exactly, but I think by the mid 90's show creators were getting lazy, and they stopped trying when they realized they didn't HAVE to make a good cartoon to get viewers.

CGI and computer animation basically saved cartoons all together. I mean, Disney made what in the 80's, Black Cauldron? Also the last 100% hand drawn and animated feature film, so that should say something. The whole form of entertainment would be dead if it wasn't for computers because computers opened up so many possibilities. Something that would take four or five years to make by hand would take a year and a half to make with CGI.

Some companies do it better than others, but keep in mind, CGI saved animated MOVIES. Not cartoons.
What animated movies??? The only one I can think of in the last five or so years was the Simpson's movie. Everything is CG now. Which blows because it's unorigional and it isn't impressive anymore. Many 2D movies are tons better than the junk they piddle out these days *coughGHOSTINTHESHELLPWNSEVERYTHINGDISNEYEVERMADEcough*

Tupin

There's a few. Lilo and Stitch, Treasure Planet, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Titan A.E., The Iron Giant, The Road to El Dorado. But most flopped at the box office because people were so fascinated at the concept of CGI.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on November 26, 2008, 06:51:23 PM
There's a few. Lilo and Stitch, Treasure Planet, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Titan A.E., The Iron Giant, The Road to El Dorado. But most flopped at the box office because people were so fascinated at the concept of CGI.
Not enough... I saw (although I will say Atlantis and Titan were pretty bad).
I wanna know why Treasure Planet and Iron Giant bombed...both were really good (you have to watch Treasure Planet a few times to really appreciate it). Again, annoying simpletons (well, we do live in america X_X )

Tupin

Atlantis, believe it or not, was kind of like Disney saying "Okay, if this flops, we can officially stop making hand drawn animation." It was the last chance Disney gave for hand drawn animation at the box office.

Zovistograt

Quote from: Nayrman on November 26, 2008, 06:25:34 PM
specific CGI movies (in which there are TOO MANY these days *glares at Dreamworks and Pixar*)
mmm Pixar puts out exactly one per year, and they are usually amazing.

Blue Sky and Pixar are the only ones really worth going to the movie theater for.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Tupin

Quote from: Zovistograt on November 26, 2008, 09:00:22 PM
specific CGI movies (in which there are TOO MANY these days *glares at Dreamworks and Pixar*)

Blue Sky and Pixar are the only ones really worth going to the movie theater for.
I have no idea how Pixar doesn't win every year at the Academy Awards.

Seriously, if Wall-E doesn't win this year, I will be shocked.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on November 26, 2008, 09:04:13 PM

Well who's there to challenge them? No one ever tries!
Also, I'm getting tired of Pixar. Maybe they should *gasp* take a risk and actually try to do something that isn't so darn kiddy?
I mean yea Toy Story and The Incredibles were fine but some of the other stuff is sickenly kiddy X_X;;

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on November 27, 2008, 06:37:15 AM

Also, I'm getting tired of Pixar. Maybe they should *gasp* take a risk and actually try to do something that isn't so darn kiddy?
I mean yea Toy Story and The Incredibles were fine but some of the other stuff is sickenly kiddy X_X;;
Wall-E had a pretty deep message for a kid's movie, but seeing them make a non-kids movie would be pretty amazing. What would it POSSIBLY be about and how would they manage to pull of a movie meant for an older audience?

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on November 27, 2008, 10:09:01 AM
Quote from: Nayrman on November 27, 2008, 06:37:15 AM

Also, I'm getting tired of Pixar. Maybe they should *gasp* take a risk and actually try to do something that isn't so dang kiddy?
Wall-E had a pretty deep message for a kid's movie, but seeing them make a non-kids movie would be pretty amazing. What would it POSSIBLY be about and how would they manage to pull of a movie meant for an older audience?
well they're owned by Disney so we know that's never going to happen, ever.
Again, it's stupid stereotyping that all animation must be for kids and be sickeningly cute/child friendly the vast majority of the time. Hell, even more mainstreamed stuff is pretty kiddy. Simpsons and Family Guy are pretty tame overall. Only South Park and some Adult Swim stuff tries otherwise.
I decree that Ghost in the Shell, Blood the Last Vampire, and Samurai X be shown in all theaters for a year to destroy the ignorance!!!!! * (^_^) *