News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Horrible TV Shows

Started by Linkman, November 20, 2008, 06:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

What happened to the Disney Channel? Even five or six years ago they were decent because they aired shows like The Weekenders, Pepper Ann, One Saturday Morning, and House of Mouse, plus they still aired the Aladdin TV series.

Now it's all Hannah Montana and the Cheetah Girls.

Oh, and the Cartoon Network still airs live-action shows.  :|

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on November 27, 2008, 01:16:10 PM
What happened to the Disney Channel? Even five or six years ago they were decent because they aired shows like The Weekenders, Pepper Ann, One Saturday Morning, and House of Mouse, plus they still aired the Aladdin TV series.

I know with CN, I was like WTF!? First it was Osmosis Jones and I was like, okay fair enough. It's a mix cartoon and live-action. It's kind of freaky but oh well. I never watched Disney Channel after I turned about six or seven.
All I can say is I miss the Rising Sun morning block for anime... X_X;;
Now the only thing put on tv that isnt late night is 4kids crap.

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on November 27, 2008, 01:21:10 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on November 27, 2008, 01:16:10 PM

I know with CN, I was like WTF!? First it was Osmosis Jones and I was like, okay fair enough. It's a mix cartoon and live-action. It's kind of freaky but oh well. I never watched Disney Channel after I turned about six or seven.
All I can say is I miss the Rising Sun morning block for anime... X_X;;
Now the only thing put on tv that isnt late night is 4kids crap.
The TV series of Osmosis Jones was actually completely animated, but I have NO idea how they stretched it out for two seasons, especially since the movie was a box office flop. I mean, when they don't merchandise things from a KID'S movie, you know it did bad.

Ridley

My Gym Partner is a Monkey sucked tremendously.
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Tupin

Quote from: Ridley on November 27, 2008, 05:44:29 PM
My Gym Partner is a Monkey sucked tremendously.
That and Squirrel Boy...

I didn't know it was possible to draw characters and backgrounds THAT ugly. 

Triforceman22

Quote from: Nayrman on November 26, 2008, 06:37:39 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on November 26, 2008, 06:35:08 PM
I'm not sure when the downturn of kids cartoons started exactly, but I think by the mid 90's show creators were getting lazy, and they stopped trying when they realized they didn't HAVE to make a good cartoon to get viewers.

CGI and computer animation basically saved cartoons all together. I mean, Disney made what in the 80's, Black Cauldron? Also the last 100% hand drawn and animated feature film, so that should say something. The whole form of entertainment would be dead if it wasn't for computers because computers opened up so many possibilities. Something that would take four or five years to make by hand would take a year and a half to make with CGI.

Some companies do it better than others, but keep in mind, CGI saved animated MOVIES. Not cartoons.
What animated movies??? The only one I can think of in the last five or so years was the Simpson's movie. Everything is CG now. Which blows because it's unorigional and it isn't impressive anymore. Many 2D movies are tons better than the junk they piddle out these days *coughGHOSTINTHESHELLPWNSEVERYTHINGDISNEYEVERMADEcough*

Thank god the new DragonballZ special isn't CG.... >_<

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Neerb

While most of Cartoon Network's shows are terrible (flapjack's animation is sickening enough, much less the actual content), I am pretty interested in the new Star Wars Clone Wars series.  I mean, the "movie" sucked, but the actual show shows promise, as there have been some good episodes (the one that was just about the clone troopers was 5x better than the Attack of the Clones movie).  Anyway, I don't really watch TV that much anymore since most good shows ended, but the shows I do like (that aren't all reruns) besides Star Wars include Monk (next season is the last one :( ) and Psych.

Oh, and I just wanted to mention something about the cartoons-are-for-little-kids stereotyping.  I went to Hollywood Video the other day to rent a movie, and when I walked past the Kids section, you'll never guess what I saw:  GOTHAM KNIGHT.  That crosses whatever line still exists; I mean, when they put a PG-13 anime that has just as much violence and more blood than it's PG-13 live-action counterparts in the KIDS section, you know these people are idiots.

Nayrman

Quote from: Triforceman22 on November 30, 2008, 07:42:08 PM
I'm not sure when the downturn of kids cartoons started exactly, but I think by the mid 90's show creators were getting lazy, and they stopped trying when they realized they didn't HAVE to make a good cartoon to get viewers.

CGI and computer animation basically saved cartoons all together. I mean, Disney made what in the 80's, Black Cauldron? Also the last 100% hand drawn and animated feature film, so that should say something. The whole form of entertainment would be dead if it wasn't for computers because computers opened up so many possibilities. Something that would take four or five years to make by hand would take a year and a half to make with CGI.

Some companies do it better than others, but keep in mind, CGI saved animated MOVIES. Not cartoons.
What animated movies??? The only one I can think of in the last five or so years was the Simpson's movie. Everything is CG now. Which blows because it's unorigional and it isn't impressive anymore. Many 2D movies are tons better than the junk they piddle out these days *coughGHOSTINTHESHELLPWNSEVERYTHINGDISNEYEVERMADEcough*

It probably would've been better as CG... X_X;;
No offense but all the characters look horrible (Piccolo should at least be SLIGHTLY green, not white!), and lets face it we all know it's going to be bad

Triforceman22

Quote from: Nayrman on December 01, 2008, 04:53:56 AM
Quote from: Triforceman22 on November 30, 2008, 07:42:08 PM

It probably would've been better as CG... X_X;;
No offense but all the characters look horrible (Piccolo should at least be SLIGHTLY green, not white!), and lets face it we all know it's going to be bad

i'm talking about the new ANIMATED Dragon ballZ special called
"son Goku and his friends return!"

Not that ass wipe of a live-action movie. >_>

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Linkman

Tuppy, Chowder is kinda good though, I honestly don't think it's a ripoff of Spongebob.

Mystic

Mario583

Mario583

Naked Brothers Band is kinda suckish at best.

Fell

The worst show.............................

George of the Jungle.....animated...........*bleagh*

Spongebob does not approve

Gwen Khan