News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Favorite Cristmas carrol?

Started by Red, November 28, 2008, 07:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red

I just want to know which you think is best.

I personally like "Merry X-mas (War is Over)" by John Lennon.

Nayrman

Dashing through the snow
on a pair of broken skiis
falling off of cliffs
crashing into trees (darn poop intercourse !)
now I think I'm dead
the snow is turning red
and now I'm in the hospital with stitches in my head
oh jingle bells, Batman smells
Robin laid an egg
Mr. Freeze, cut the cheese
And Joker took ballet!

They all suck based on how often we have to freaking hear them X_X;;

Java

Quote from: Nayrman on November 29, 2008, 09:28:40 AM
Lighten up Nayr.

Tis the season to be jolly! :P

If it counts as a carol, "Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24" is pretty awesome.

Nayrman

Quote from: Java_Java on November 29, 2008, 10:46:00 AM
Lighten up Nayr.

U do know I'm Jewish right. You have no idea how darn annoying all the Xmas stuff really is X_X;;

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on November 29, 2008, 11:04:54 AM
Lighten up Nayr.

U do know I'm Jewish right. You have no idea how darn annoying all the Xmas stuff really is X_X;;
I guess I would get sick of it, but that's the station's fault for not playing Hanukkah songs.

It must come from the actual lack of Hanukkah songs. 

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on November 29, 2008, 11:53:58 AM
Lighten up Nayr.

U do know I'm Jewish right. You have no idea how dang annoying all the Xmas stuff really is X_X;;
I guess I would get sick of it, but that's the station's fault for not playing Hanukkah songs.

Well, everyone think's the dreidel song is the main one, when it isn't. Some stations will occasionally play Sandler's Hanukkah song, but it's always xmas stuff, which is annoying. Most stores I know only put up one or two Hanukiahs (Menorah's even though menorahs have only seven holders instead of eight) or a dreidel so minorities won't get PO'ed of all the xmas stuff.
I rarely watch any non-sports tv this time of year because it's always christmas specials...which are usually pretty bad. My biggest complaint: Nick stopped showing the Rugrats Hanukkah special! You can't take the one special we got away from us!!! X_X

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on November 29, 2008, 12:20:34 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on November 29, 2008, 11:53:58 AM
Lighten up Nayr.

U do know I'm Jewish right. You have no idea how dang annoying all the Xmas stuff really is X_X;;

Well, everyone think's the dreidel song is the main one, when it isn't. Some stations will occasionally play Sandler's Hanukkah song, but it's always xmas stuff, which is annoying. Most stores I know only put up one or two Hanukiahs (Menorah's even though menorahs have only seven holders instead of eight) or a dreidel so minorities won't get PO'ed of all the xmas stuff.
I rarely watch any non-sports tv this time of year because it's always christmas specials...which are usually pretty bad. My biggest complaint: Nick stopped showing the Rugrats Hanukkah special! You can't take the one special we got away from us!!! X_X
I think I have both specials on VHS, I should dig them out and watch them again.

Oh, and I just thought I'd say that they started playing Christmas music here in early October.

Java

How could I forget one of the best Christmas carols of all time?!

Mi Burrito Sabanero.
Ignore the little kids singing it and listen to the main track playing.

I LOVE that song!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Yeah, I do know you're Jewish Nayr, but Christmas doesn't just have to be about the religious holiday, I also find it to be a time of sharing and joy.

I really haven't heard many Hannukah songs either, but if they played them on the radio or they had more Hannukah decorations, I wouldn't have a problem.

You mentioned malls putting up a menorah or dreidel up, but are there more Hannukah decorations?
If there are, I wouldn't mind seeing them at all.

Nayrman

Quote from: Java_Java on November 29, 2008, 01:27:11 PM

Mi Burrito Sabanero.

I LOVE that song!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Yeah, I do know you're Jewish Nayr, but Christmas doesn't just have to be about the religious holiday, I also find it to be a time of sharing and joy.

I really haven't heard many Hannukah songs either, but if they played them on the radio or they had more Hannukah decorations, I wouldn't have a problem.

You mentioned malls putting up a menorah or dreidel up, but are there more Hannukah decorations?
none that idiot america would understand...  :-\

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on November 29, 2008, 01:46:56 PM

Mi Burrito Sabanero.

I LOVE that song!

Example?

Oh, there's a new book called The Latke Who Wouldn't Stop Screaming. Written by Lemony Snicket, oddly enough. You should read it, it's pretty good for a kid's book.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on November 29, 2008, 02:03:52 PM

Mi Burrito Sabanero.

I LOVE that song!

Example?

Oh, there's a new book called The Latke Who Wouldn't Stop Screaming. Written by Lemony Snicket, oddly enough. You should read it, it's pretty good for a kid's book.

oil and various foods. We live in america remember, ppl just know it exists not anything actually about it.
Ugh, and CBS is already showing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer next weekend... It'd barely be december at that point. At least Hanukkah is relatively late this year.

Java

Quote from: Nayrman on November 29, 2008, 02:41:23 PM

Mi Burrito Sabanero.

I LOVE that song!

Example?

oil and various foods. We live in america remember, ppl just know it exists not anything actually about it.
Ugh, and CBS is already showing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer next weekend... It'd barely be december at that point. At least Hanukkah is relatively late this year.
Food as decoration? o_O

Tupin

Mi Burrito Sabanero.

I LOVE that song!

Example?

Stuff like Challah, Matza, and Latkes, right?

They're showing it so early because some guy found the original puppets for Rudolph and Santa in his attic and restored them.

Java

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on November 29, 2008, 02:59:10 PM

Mi Burrito Sabanero.

I LOVE that song!

Example?

Stuff like Challah, Matza, and Latkes, right?

They're showing it so early because some guy found the original puppets for Rudolph and Santa in his attic and restored them.
Matza's for Passover, isn't it? Or is it also used in Hannukah?
There's also the gold coins for the dreidel game.

I still don't understand how you would use them as decoration though. o_O

Macawmoses