News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Photoshop Flaming Text Tutorial (CS3)(With Pics!)

Started by zeldafreak008, December 28, 2007, 02:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zeldafreak008

Hello fellow NSiders, I have decided to write a nice, little tutorial on how to make a flaming text in Photoshop CS3.

First off, open Photoshop and make a new image.  Make sure your foreground color is set to black and your background white.  Also, make sure the color mode is grayscale.

Next, go to the Text Tool and choose a somewhat heavy font.  I used Triforce just to make it Nintendo-y.  Enter the desired text.

Now let's start making the text look like flames.  Rasterize the type, then go to Filter > Distort > Ripple, and click OK in the new box (it is already set to what you need it to be).  It should look like this:

Flatten the image (Layer > Flatten Image), and invert the colors (Image > Adjustments > Invert, or Ctrl+I)

Now, let's start adding on the flames, go to Image > Rotate Canvas > 90° CCW (Counterclockwise).  Now then, go to Filter > Stylize > Wind.  Hit OK in the new box, it is also already set up for you.

Again, go to Filter > Distort > Ripple, except this time, when the box comes up, change the 100 to 50.  Click OK.

Rotate the image back to the original state (Image > Rotate Canvas > 90° CW [Clockwise]), and go to Filter > Distort > Ripple, and when the box appears, if it does not say 50%, change it to 50%, but if it is, click OK.

You are almost finished!  Go to Image > Mode and click on Indexed Color.  After that, go back to Image > Mode > Color Table, and set it to Black Body (In the drop-down box).

Congratulations, you are finished!!  You have made a cool looking flaming text!  The finished project should look a little like this:

But remember, different font faces will have different results, but they all should look something like this color wise.

I hope you find this tutorial helpful!

(This is 100% by me, I did use a tutorial to learn for myself, but this tutorial was typed by me, right now. Enjoy!!!)

[color="darkgreen"]CLICK MAH SIG FOR SOMETHING COOL![/color]

LF

I did this in GIMP, and it turned out... ok.

I don't have Photoshop, that's why. Great tutorial! Very informative. ;)
!!!~LF

zeldafreak008

Quote from: MrLF101 on December 28, 2007, 06:36:16 PM
I did this in GIMP, and it turned out... ok.

I don't have Photoshop, that's why. Great tutorial! Very informative. ;)
lol, Thanks!  This is my first tut, btw.  Only thing I can see wrong with your GIMP version is that it is a little too dark, not sure how to fix that though...

EDIT: What font face is that?  looks cool...

Macawmoses

It does work in Gimp, it just depends on each individual member that does it :)

Silverhawk79

I'm assuming it also works in CS2 and PS7.
I'll have to try it out later and see how it turns out. :O

zeldafreak008

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on December 29, 2007, 01:51:52 PM
I'm assuming it also works in CS2 and PS7.
I'll have to try it out later and see how it turns out. :O
It should, it's just everything might not be called the same thing, so it will involve a little trial and error, but then again everything could be the same!

I'm glad you all are liking it, really drives me to do another... one day... ;)