News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

wtf is this poop? (Miyazaki's latest dubbed film)

Started by Lotos, August 11, 2009, 08:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Light

First of all, Disney has, for the most part, dubbed all of the Miyazaki films that have come to America. Spirited Away, Castle in the Sky, Ponyo, etc. From what I've heard, people who saw an advance screening of Ponyo said that they totally couldn't tell that Cyrus and Jonas had any part in it, as well as some of the other major actors. They also said that the dub was fine. So, even though the two siblings of some of Disney's most horrifying monsters are in it, I don't think I'll be stopped from watching it.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Nayrman

No, you can't even tell it's them.
You CAN tell who Liam Neeson is, just because it's Liam Neeson. His voice is almost as recognizable as Morgan Freeman's.

But the dub was just fine. It wasn't Cowboy Bebop (or even Spirited Away), but it was solid.

Triforceman22

Meh.
I'm not in to anime anymore, so I don't care....

I really wish disney goes back to doing normal animation movies.
(And actually make them good).

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

HTA!

How do you know Japanese voice acting is good unless you speak and understand Japanese? D:

Nayrman

Quote from: Semi-Scrub on August 13, 2009, 11:32:40 AM
How do you know Japanese voice acting is good unless you speak and understand Japanese? D:
They tend to do better during dramatic scenes at conveying emotions.
For a REALLY long time dubbing just meant "act in front of a mic for one go through and call it a day". That's starting to change somewhat though.

Light

Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Nayrman

Oh hello Little Mermaid copy! I didn't notice you there what with everything you're doing to copy that particular movie to try and revive your animation studio from doing absolutely jack poop for the past decade.

Zovistograt

I absolutely despise English dubs and I even have to admit that this one was actually good.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Captain Justice

Quote from: Nayrman on August 13, 2009, 07:33:18 PM
Oh hello Little Mermaid copy! I didn't notice you there what with everything you're doing to copy that particular movie to try and revive your animation studio from doing absolutely jack poop for the past decade.
That doesn't look a thing like the Little Mermaid.
Quote from: Talim on September 04, 2009, 05:26:53 PM
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Quote from: Tsumaru on September 20, 2009, 11:29:22 AM
Can we ban Hoss, please?

Totla

Nayrman

Quote from: Hoss Delgado on August 16, 2009, 11:44:47 AM
That doesn't look a thing like the Little Mermaid.
Okay, it's a combination of all the princess movies.

I swear Walt is turning in his grave over how they murdered his company.

Captain Justice

eh, I think it looks just fine. Plus its in New Orleans
Quote from: Talim on September 04, 2009, 05:26:53 PM
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Quote from: Tsumaru on September 20, 2009, 11:29:22 AM
Can we ban Hoss, please?

Zero

What the crap? I've been waiting like 3 weeks to take my girlfriend to this movie and all you guys got an advanced screening?

It's officially out yet and none of my theaters even have it yet. What the intercourse .

Nayrman

Quote from: Zero on August 17, 2009, 12:39:51 PM
What the crap? I've been waiting like 3 weeks to take my girlfriend to this movie and all you guys got an advanced screening?

It's officially out yet and none of my theaters even have it yet. What the f***.
well, I guess that just sucks for you. I only got an advanced screening because of the club I go to.

Zero

Quote from: Nayrman on August 17, 2009, 02:01:54 PM
well, I guess that just sucks for you. I only got an advanced screening because of the club I go to.

fffffffffffffffffff