<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Official 3DS Discussion Thread

Started by Thirdkoopa, January 06, 2010, 08:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homewrecker

Homewrecker

Quote from: Cornwad on September 29, 2010, 03:32:51 AM
I'm assuming it will come out in US first then, probably in mid December or so.
Nope, March.

SkyMyl

$300 sounds reasonable for the 3DS. Wasn't that the price for the original DS when it first came out?

Quote from: X-3 on September 29, 2010, 05:51:13 AM
And look, a MegaMan game!
Holy intercourse ing poop, that's surprising.

Quote from: Gwen Khan on September 29, 2010, 06:32:33 AM
It will have a Virtual Console that lets you get Gameboy and Gameboy Advance games (and I assume Gameboy Color games are included in "Gameboy").

does that mean we'll get Fire Emblem 6?
"Ed. Note: We originally reported Game Boy Advance games would be available for download. The English translation of the presentation says Game Boy and Game Boy Color games only. The story has been corrected."

Nope.

Cornwad

Quote from: SkyMyl on September 29, 2010, 11:51:41 AM
$300 sounds reasonable for the 3DS. Wasn't that the price for the original DS when it first came out?
Holy intercourse ing poop, that's surprising.
"Ed. Note: We originally reported Game Boy Advance games would be available for download. The English translation of the presentation says Game Boy and Game Boy Color games only. The story has been corrected."

Nope.
Oringinal DS was no more than $200 when it came out.

Neerb

If the 3DS is ACUTALLY $300, I'm pretty sure it will be the most expensive Nintendo console ever.

Hopefully, Japan is just more expensive; I think maybe $250, the price of the Wii, would be alright over here. I'd prefer $200, but that seems impossible at this point.

Nayrman

$300 is a definite possibility for an american release point, although with the massive monetary success that the DS and Wii were, Nintendo would be wiser to make it 250, even if it meant eating some manufacturing cost, as that extra fifty dollars will most likely go to software, where the real money of game systems is made. Besides, Nintendo has never been fond of that 300 dollar mark.

Zero

You guys realize that the DSi was around 25000 yen too right? lol the 3DS is probably going to be 200 or so.

Japan pays far more for entertainment products(Final Fantasy XIII for example was like 137 bucks or something).

Stop freaking out about the price, because it'll probably be reasonable.

Tupin

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Silverhawk79

With all the features they're cramming in, I'd be okay with it being $250 or so, though $200 would make me much happier.
Either way, I'm going to try my harder to get one on launch day and then brag about it.

Spud

Oh god yes. Tales of Abyss remake for the 3DS.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Spud on September 29, 2010, 10:56:19 PM
Oh god yes. Tales of Abyss remake for the 3DS.
Holy cow. That game is so awesome. :D

Nayrman

Some possible good news on whatever the next home console will be. While no mention of it was presented, we got this tidbit about why the 3DS is so much more powerful that people suspected.

"We didn't want developers to shy away from our system because of the specs." is basically the reasoning. (Source here: http://kotaku.com/5652877/why-nintendo-made-the-3ds-so-powerful )

Well, at least Nintendo is finally realizing that their systems have been crappy on the hardware end lately. Hopefully this means they're actually going to put some darn technology in the next home console. Seriously, the 3DS has 3x as much memory as the Wii does X_X

Tupin

Flash memory has gotten a lot cheaper since the Wii was in development/released.

512MB is the Wii's capacity, right?

Nayrman

Quote from: Tupin on October 01, 2010, 02:38:55 PM
Flash memory has gotten a lot cheaper since the Wii was in development/released.

512MB is the Wii's capacity, right?
Flash memory was cheap when the Wii came out!

and yeah, the Wii has 512MB....which is practically nothing nowadays as far as hardware limitations go. Hell, I have a 10 dollar 1GB flash drive...

Tupin

Anyone see the Augmented Reality trailer? You know there's going to be a Pokemon and a Yu-Gi-Oh! game that uses it.

Plus, there's a new Kirby game and a Pokemon typing game coming out in 2011, but I think that's for the regular DS.