Yeah it was ok
3 (21.4%)
I don't plan on seeing it
2 (14.3%)
Obligatory "no" option...
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Zovistograt

So I saw WALL-E today.  I must say, PIXAR keeps churning out these great movies every year, and I still am amazed every time.  This one was a bit shorter than the last two, but I think it captured so much in its 92 minutes.  Stunning visuals, with the contrast of the Earth to the futuristic but lazy Axiom...uhh...mothership, shall we call it?  The motif of the movie "Hello, Dolly!" was well-played, and the morals were in place, as usual (the main one being that we should trust defective robots to get the job done...or to save the environment and not be lazy but w/e same thing).

I'd give it an 8/10...maybe not their best, but certainly not their worst by far.  It was great.

Also, the animated short in the beginning seems to be a parody of Portal, but with no cake jokes.  ^_^

How did you people like it?
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Java

I really need to see this movie. T_T

Light

Definitely a great movie, especially given that the first half of the movie contains little to no dialogue. Kudos to Disney/Pixar.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

jnfs2014

I'll see it soon.
It looks good.

thunderhero4

Definately going to see this! Looks cool, and I expect nothing less from Pixar. In other news, I just saw You Don't Mess With the Zohan. I can now say that that may be the best moview Adam Sandler has been in in a looooong time! (and maybe of all time! :O )

Tupin

I'm going to see Wall-E on Monday.

I wonder what's next for Pixar, all of their movies thus far were pitched at a single meeting in 1995.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Light

Quote from: thunderhero4 on June 28, 2008, 04:27:05 PM
Definately going to see this! Looks cool, and I expect nothing less from Pixar. In other news, I just saw You Don't Mess With the Zohan. I can now say that that may be the best moview Adam Sandler has been in in a looooong time! (and maybe of all time! :O )
...Are you high? Honestly, that movie practically relied on sexual jokes the entire time! Adam Sandler's best performance was in The Wedding Singer, hands down.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Chaos

I would like to see this movie. It looks actually quite good. Even though it's kinda young for my age.

Java

Quote from: LightningSword on June 28, 2008, 06:07:18 PM
Quote from: thunderhero4 on June 28, 2008, 04:27:05 PM
...Are you high? Honestly, that movie practically relied on sexual jokes the entire time! Adam Sandler's best performance was in The Wedding Singer, hands down.
Zohan, while I didn't think it was terrible, wasn't very good either.

Nowhere near Sandler's greatests.

Riosan

Possibly seeing it today.

No spoilers. D:
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

Nayrman

I want to see it, but I may just wait for OnDemand or DVD...just cuz I hate theaters.
And please everyone knows the best Adam Sandler movie was Happy Gilmore THE PRICE IS WRONG BOB!

TheAnonymusElmo

Adam SANdler's greatest performance was Reign Over Me, hands down. Get at me.
"I will flip in the air, open my cheeks, and take a crap on you"-Kid at school

Level_9_Chao

I liked Wall-e mainly because its messages are ones that I'm fondest of and talk the most about, but visually, it was great as well. I think the short film looked better than the feature itself, though...
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

Cornwad

I just saw it today, and I really liked it.

But did anyone else think it was weird that the movie had real people in it  ????

Lohn Jocke

I hated it. It was obviously not child-friendly, because half the kids in the theatre were crying there ****ing heads off from 20 different scenes.

The only part I found amusing? When I heard one kid shout, "MOMMY!!! I DON'T WANNA BE FAT!!! *moan*"