News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

NSFCD Compilation Album! (SUBMISSIONS OPEN!!! DEADLINE IS OCTOBER 1ST I GUESS)

Started by Zovistograt, July 05, 2009, 10:51:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zovistograt

Update: I'm opening submissions so people can maybe send in stuff they make.  If we can't get a whole album together in a little more than a month, we'll extend the deadline, but really, it would be nice to get this done sooner than "eventually".  Plus, it's tons of fun!

SEND ALL SUBMISSIONS TO:
nsfcdcomp@gmail.com

I realized that we have a good amount of musical artists on NSFCD, including Super, myself, Silver, and now noodle.  I know there are others too.  We should totally make a compilation album with songs that have to do with NSFCD somehow.  One to three tracks per person would work well, depending on how many people we'll get for this.

Who's up for it?

Artist list:

DJ Zovi
Silly_Penguin
noodle
Co-Z (?)
Rocket Boots (Level_9_Chao's band)
Javert (maybe only singing for other artists?)
Ron
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Silly_Penguin

Yeah, that sounds like a great idea. I would love to, but would like instrumental songs be ok? (I only really have sibelius to work with on making compositions)

Zovistograt

Quote from: Silly_Penguin on July 05, 2009, 01:53:12 PM
Yeah, that sounds like a great idea. I would love to, but would like instrumental songs be ok? (I only really have sibelius to work with on making compositions)
Yes, variation would be great :)

We don't have to have all electronic.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

noodle976

Kaso

major tom

I am an aspiring musician. I have been playing guitar and bass for over a year. I also suck incredibly at guitar and I'm barely decent at bass. I can write awesome poems and I am a natural performer... but I find myself confused when I try to write a song.

I WILL TRY but it won't work.

Level_9_Chao

Although our MySpace page wouldn't suggest it (old crap's on it), my band Rocket Boots is in the studio right now recording our first full-length album.

We'll have some finished, mastered songs done in a few weeks if not sooner. None of them have much to do with video games, but I'd be happy to contribute a single or two.

Also I just realized we have a 7-minute epic involving trumpet solos of Green Greens and Tetris. Ha.
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

Light

This sounds like an awesome idea. I'd try to get in on this compilation album myself, as I sing, but I don't think I have a decent enough voice... or really anything to sing having to do with NSFCD.

However, I back up this idea, and hope it works.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Ron

That'd be awesome.

I write songs. Mostly like acoustic soft ones, but I'm in a band that does some punk sort of stuff too.

my myspace is here

Click me ^

Zovistograt

so yeah since we have a lot of people interested now, I think we should go ahead with this ^_^

I have a feeling half the songs on this thing are going to be joke songs anyway, so it's ok if you don't think you sing well :3

Level_9_Chao

My band just studioed a song yesterday. It's the first one on www.myspace.com/kotlt. It's like 95% mastered, gotta lower the vocals and boost some kick drum.

Honestly rate it. If it blows, tell me. Thanks lol.

The Game Boy Pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

Zovistograt

Quote from: Level_9_Chao on August 05, 2009, 08:55:34 AM
My band just studioed a song yesterday. It's the first one on www.myspace.com/kotlt. It's like 95% mastered, gotta lower the vocals and boost some kick drum.

Honestly rate it. If it blows, tell me. Thanks lol.
haha, it's actually not that bad.  If you make comedy songs it would work very well ^_^

also updated first post

Level_9_Chao

Quote from: Zovistograt on August 05, 2009, 05:15:45 PM
haha, it's actually not that bad.  If you make comedy songs it would work very well ^_^

also updated first post

Thanks. Still gotta fix some stuff; I hate the vocals. >_>

As far as comedy goes, we have songs about fighting Ice Cream Sandwiches, and annoying pet cats. And as stated before, we've got a rather emo song that for no reason has solos of video game themes.

We're trying to get the CD finished by late September, early October, so stay tuned.

The Game Boy Pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

Zovistograt

Quote from: Level_9_Chao on August 05, 2009, 06:27:46 PM
Thanks. Still gotta fix some stuff; I hate the vocals. >_>

As far as comedy goes, we have songs about fighting Ice Cream Sandwiches, and annoying pet cats. And as stated before, we've got a rather emo song that for no reason has solos of video game themes.

We're trying to get the CD finished by late September, early October, so stay tuned.
^_^

Well, keep in mind that the idea of the NSFCD album is to make songs about NSFCD in some way :P

Ron

I was messin around on guitar the other night with a few chords.
I could make an acoustic-ballad sounding comedy song about NSFCD if you guys wanted. haha.

Click me ^