<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Hey IGN, go kill yourselves.

Started by Nayrman, August 10, 2009, 08:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

Quote from: Jono2 on August 11, 2009, 02:59:19 PM
i never understood the appeal of superman

i mean, he's all powerful, but a moron.  He's invincible.  "o noes, its kryptonite!  And for some reason I won't use a gun!"

It's the batman situation (won't kill one's enemies), except that superman is far less badass, far more powerful, and a f***ing idiot.
At least Batman has a justifiable reason for not killing (doesn't want anyone to experience the pain he did). Superman not killing is just because he's a self-righteous bastard....

And I agree with Lotos, turning anime into live action is just horrible. It's usually animated for a reason. (things like Gundam and DBZ can pretty much only be done in animation because the way things work will never make sense in real life)

JrDude

It's animated because it' much easier to draw someone shooting some weird thing out of a sword than getting a bunch of bad-looking graphics to do it. Seriously, no animated TV show was ever considered by it's creator to be a live-action TV show.

In 20 years when it's no longer getting new episodes and is now a classic: Fairly Odd Parents The (live action) Movie
[move][/move]
Dude .

Dog Food

Quote from: Zovistograt on August 11, 2009, 08:20:29 AM
The Smurfs as a live-action would probably be a horror film.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0810988/
The Nines? What is that movie about, a crack addict who has created his own world and will die if he doesn't get back to reality?

Also, not only does Hollywood need to leave animation and video games alone, but they need to leave a good movie alone. Stop with sequels. We don't need five of the same movie, we all know that it only goes downhill from there. A series can be easily ruined that way. Unless it's justified, stop with sequels.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Mystic

Both SD movies and both Flintstones movies kicked ass. <3 John Goodman

Eizweir

Quote from: Mystic on August 11, 2009, 09:37:00 PM
Both SD movies and both Flintstones movies kicked ass. <3 John Goodman
The thing is, there making another live action SD movie about when scooby met shaggy and just the preview made me want to throw up.

The other two were fine, but this one is horrible.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Triforceman22

I intercourse ing loved the first Flinstones movies.
I don't know why everyone hates it....

But yeah, unlike Nayrman, I just shrug these things off and try to ignore it.
(The one exception being DragonBall. good god that movie blew chunks)

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Mystic

Quote from: Xeph on August 12, 2009, 02:48:57 PM
The thing is, there making another live action SD movie about when scooby met shaggy and just the preview made me want to throw up.

The other two were fine, but this one is horrible.
I know D:

Nayrman

Quote from: Zero on August 17, 2009, 02:52:06 PM
Naryman

A Cowboy Bebop live-action movie is in production. http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/12/17/keanu-reeves-confirms-live-action-cowboy-bebop-involvement/
Dude, DON'T remind me.
Keanu Reeves as Spike....
to quote Iron Maiden: "RUN TO THE HILLS!!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIIIIIVVVVESSS!"

Admittedly this is one of the few anime that actually might turn out well in live action. Although I seriously, SERIOUSLY doubt it what with Hollywood's complete and utter incompetence the last decade or so. Spielberg was said to have wanted to do a live action Ghost in the Shell at one point, which with him at the helm might've gone well. But nothing came of it.