Main Menu

Important Poll: Read and Vote (POST COUNTS) RE-READ AND RE-VOTE

Started by Macawmoses, August 16, 2009, 02:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Read Post

Do away with.
Keep.

Macawmoses

The subject matter is doing a de-restoration on NSider post counts. This would accompany the rank overhaul and theme redux that will likely be going down tonight. If we deflate the posts, we'd also then change the post based ranks a bit - at the very least we'd lower the posts down in proportion to avg. posts lost.

For me, the decision comes down to reality. We aren't NSider, and accepting their (and NS2's) post counts seems dumb. Why don't we have a community based around itself? But, I leave the decision in your hands...then the staffs.

The original note from Totla:

QuoteAlso, a rank related suggestion: Get rid of the post count restorations from nsider, and fix the rank post count requirements accordingly.

A note from Hostile:

Quote from: Friendly Hostile
No we don't.  SMF 2 added a lovely mod to recalculate post counts if they were altered at all.  All we have to do is click a button and viola, everyone is reset to their actual post count here.

Additionally, no post on this site will be lost or altered in any way.

Totla: Re-vote because not caring shouldn't be an option, and because it was evenly divided three ways, and because of new information.

KingBoo

Just do away with it. Post count doesn't matter at all. Especially not when you're getting it restored from other sites. The only reason it even slightly mattered on NS was due to the fact you didn't get all the forum features at a low level. Just get rid of it :/

Also, check your pm's. Wtf happened?

Kilroy

Erm, this is a stupid idea. I can see what you mean, but all the post count is is an arbitrary number, so no matter what it is, it's silly.

Plus, this doesn't affect me :3
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Macawmoses

Quote from: Kilroy on August 16, 2009, 02:20:45 PM
Erm, this is a stupid idea. I can see what you mean, but all the post count is is an arbitrary number, so no matter what it is, it's silly.

Your rank isn't permanent.

Also, original content to idea:

Quote from: TotlaAlso, a rank related suggestion: Get rid of the post count restorations from nsider, and fix the rank post count requirements accordingly.

HTA!

Custom

I want new ranks, but I want to keep my post count. IT'S ALL I HAVE LEFT FROM OLDSIDER ;-;

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: Kilroy on August 16, 2009, 02:20:45 PM

The problem I really only see is that it intercourse s with stats.  Of our top 10 posters, 3 are actually active.   Most of them haven't been here in months, half of them in over a year.

Also, I don't see why you'd choose here to cling to your memories of Oldsider.

Nayrman

I mostly don't care, however I do like having the highest rank amongst us peeps. XD

The Seventh

I'm mostly indifferent, but I say do away with it.

It's an arbitrary matter.

In place of it, make it so we can choose from an assortment of pre-made colors.  Seriously.
Being able to make my name red would be a thing I'd LOOOOOOVE
meh

Macawmoses

You won't ever have the ability to make your name red, pending Vaati's (and my own) rule stays true. Admins should always be easily id'd, and as such, user ranks shouldn't be red (unless a very different shade, which is possible).

Kilroy

FOR NSF MASCOT

Indifference yo
...̅̅̅

Silverhawk79

I'm indifferent. I'm keeping my postcount anyways, because it means nothing, and I like it. D:

Macawmoses

Quote from: Kilroy on August 16, 2009, 05:13:40 PM
I meant that none of my posts are getting deleted.
You should win a medal for making that many posts here.

Kilroy

FOR NSF MASCOT