News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Breeding with Shiny's question

Started by Nayrman, April 18, 2009, 04:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

Hiya! Got a question for everyone.
I managed to catch a Shiny Pelipper (why a Pelipper X_X;; ), and I want to go through the needlessly complicated breeding stuff to get Shiny Eevee's for my team and the like. However, in the two tests I've done (Golduck and Ditto, BTW Pelipper is female) they've been non-shiny Wingull's.
So, I just want to know how to breed Shiny's or something like that. Serebii doesn't seem to be helping with this regard X_X:; (or I'm just looking in the wrong place or something)
Thanks for the help.

jnfs2014

Wait until you get a 1 in 1723765 try.

Nayrman

JrDude

Well, breeding doesn't help anything, even if you breed a shiny. Breeding a shiny is just like breeding a non-shiny.
There is a way to get shinies easier, but it takes patience and more patience. Just use the Poké-radar, then get a long ass chain of the same Pokémon, but remember, you have to kill the pokémon to make the chain continue, and if a different pokémon brakes the chain, you have to start all over, and to make it more likely to make it the same pokémon in the chain, go for the furthest rustling patch of grass (it just makes it more likely, it doesn't mean it will always be the same). Anyway, every time you get the chain bigger, the more likely it is to find a shiny pokémon, but it will only be shiny if the patch sparkles, or changes a different color (I don't remember, and I never actually did it, but I heard of many people doing it before), so if the patch does that, make sure you avoid any other patches, or you'll lose your chance in the shinyness. Also, you'll probably wanna bring a lot of repels, 'cause any pokémon you find that isn't in a rustling patch (even if it's the same one) will break the chain.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Qsmash

Quote from: JrDude ♪ on April 19, 2009, 01:25:52 AM
Well, breeding doesn't help anything, even if you breed a shiny. Breeding a shiny is just like breeding a non-shiny.
There is a way to get shinies easier, but it takes patience and more patience. Just use the Poké-radar, then get a long ass chain of the same Pokémon, but remember, you have to kill the pokémon to make the chain continue, and if a different pokémon brakes the chain, you have to start all over, and to make it more likely to make it the same pokémon in the chain, go for the furthest rustling patch of grass (it just makes it more likely, it doesn't mean it will always be the same). Anyway, every time you get the chain bigger, the more likely it is to find a shiny pokémon, but it will only be shiny if the patch sparkles, or changes a different color (I don't remember, and I never actually did it, but I heard of many people doing it before), so if the patch does that, make sure you avoid any other patches, or you'll lose your chance in the shinyness. Also, you'll probably wanna bring a lot of repels, 'cause any pokémon you find that isn't in a rustling patch (even if it's the same one) will break the chain.
also, if you encounter a pokemon that is a higher level than yours, the chain breaks.