News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Pokemon X and Y confirmed

Started by The Riddler, January 08, 2013, 04:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mona

I'm still not convinced the Fennekin is going to be Fire/Psychic. The only basis for that is it used a move that made a purple ring around its opponent. I've been playing Emerald again recently and every time a stat gets lowered, the Pokemon gets covered with a purple zigzag sort of pattern. I think it's more likely that Fennekin was using growl in the video and the purple ring was just the animation for stats being lowered.

Zero

Chespin used a dark type looking move. Froakie a fighting type looking move.

Funny thing about the human brain is that it tries to make connections.

Neerb

Quote from: Mona on January 11, 2013, 01:33:38 PM
I'm still not convinced the Fennekin is going to be Fire/Psychic. The only basis for that is it used a move that made a purple ring around its opponent. I've been playing Emerald again recently and every time a stat gets lowered, the Pokemon gets covered with a purple zigzag sort of pattern. I think it's more likely that Fennekin was using growl in the video and the purple ring was just the animation for stats being lowered.

Purple circles are generated from its face, then purple waves appear around the enemy moving upwards and outwards while the enemy does an "injured" animation.

Not guaranteed psychicness, but definitely similar, and I highly doubt it's Growl or a stat-drop animation.

The Riddler

wouldn't it be nice if they introduced an item that allowed pachirisu, luvdisc, and tauros to evolve into emolga, alomomola, and bouffalant, and for those three to breed into the first three?

wouldn't happen but it'd be nice

Neerb

Emolga's stats are hardly an evolution of anything. But yeah, it would be nice.

The Riddler

it's too bad they'll never do it

zephilicious

Quote from: The Riddler on January 12, 2013, 04:34:33 AM
wouldn't it be nice if they introduced an item that allowed pachirisu, luvdisc, and tauros to evolve into emolga, alomomola, and bouffalant, and for those three to breed into the first three?

wouldn't happen but it'd be nice
luvdisc is the only one of those that makes sense
~~ <3

Zero

Considering Bouffalant is arguably worse than Tauros I'd wager its a good thing they stay separate.

zephilicious

i could accept a baby with branching evolutions to tauros and bouffalant but its still a stretch
~~ <3

The Riddler

Quote from: zephilicious on January 12, 2013, 10:58:28 AM
luvdisc is the only one of those that makes sense
i do hope you're only saying that because you're taking stats into account.

ignoring stats, they fit perfectly, and they've rewritten stats in the past

Pachirisu, Electric Squirrel. Emolga, Electric Flying Squirrel. They even look the same.
Tauros - Normal type Bull. Bouffalant - Normal type Buffalo. They even look the same.
Luvdisc - Heart shaped fish. Alomomola - heart shaped fish with fins. They even look the same.

Custom

let's talk about how chespin is the best

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Zero

Quote from: The Riddler on January 12, 2013, 09:46:19 PM
ignoring stats, they fit perfectly, and they've rewritten stats in the past

They've only rewritten stats twice. Once when the Special stat was divided into Spatk and Spdef and once when EV's were introduced. In both cases, stats remained mostly the same.

Quote from: The Riddler on January 12, 2013, 09:46:19 PM

Pachirisu, Electric Squirrel. Emolga, Electric Flying Squirrel. They even look the same.
Tauros - Normal type Bull. Bouffalant - Normal type Buffalo. They even look the same.
Luvdisc - Heart shaped fish. Alomomola - heart shaped fish with fins. They even look the same.

Choose your words carefully. They don't look exactly the same.

Quote from: Custom on January 13, 2013, 03:04:20 AM

This is the first time since RSE that I've liked all three.

Neerb

Quote from: Custom on January 13, 2013, 03:04:20 AM

What do you think he is? What will he turn into?

zephilicious

of all the fan art evos i've seen this guy's are the best
~~ <3

Zero