News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Attention, breeders.

Started by Kayo, March 22, 2011, 03:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

To all of you who breed. Moreover, those of you who already know that having a Pokemon with Flame Body or Magma Armor in your party makes eggs hatch faster. Specifically, to those of you who go on massive breeding sprees where at any given moment your party consists of five eggs and something with Magma Armor/Flame Body.

And to those of you who would like to be somewhere other than outside the Day-Care center when hatching eggs, or wanted to go to the other side of the map to talk to the IV judge, but never could because that would involve running through winding routes of grass because no Flame Body/Magma Armor pokemon could Fly.

Those of you who might have constantly shuffled the PC with your flyer and your eggs in order to go places while hatching.
Or had to limit your party to a FB/MA, a Flyer, and only 4 eggs.

I'm one of those people.

However GameFreak has decided to give us breeders a new treat in Black and White.

[spoiler]

I GIVE YOU VOLCARONA!

You might have overlooked it. You might have only thought it was a flaming bug thing with access to an insanely amazing move that raises three of its stats at once. I know I did.

Upon further investigation I discovered the sheer convenience of this butterfly of sunshine. This thing is, in fact
the ONLY pokemon in the game (excluding Dream World Moltres) who can carry an egg-hatching ability AND Fly.

Breeders, enjoy hatching eggs anywhere with ease, with the ability to carry 5 eggs at once, and still be able to hatch them in half the time, AND fly anywhere in Unova you darn well please while doing so.

That is all.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

SkyMyl

This topic is so arbitrary that I am left with no choice but to unleash...

MEGAKERMIT

Kayo

Quote from: SkyMyl on March 22, 2011, 03:35:30 PM
This topic is so arbitrary that I am left with no choice but to unleash...

MEGAKERMIT

DENIED.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

SkyMyl

For lack of a better reply:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

but I guess I'll keep this arbitrary information about breeding in mind

Kayo

Funny part is, we finally found a Bug that can Fly. And this isn't even a Bug/Flying.

GameFreak, you're too good to us.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

This thread is kind of useless. Only like four/five people of the whole place breed for some random stuff like IVs.

Kayo

Quote from: PuttyChris on March 22, 2011, 04:51:17 PM
This thread is kind of useless. Only like four/five people of the whole place breed for some random stuff like IVs.
Useless, you say? Like every other thread I make? Just because you're not one of those people doesn't mean they don't exist.

I was going to put this into the official thread but the post ended up being too long so it deserved its own thread. Or I can always make it something like "THe Official Volcarona Thread" like Oldsider had. Just calm yourself.
[move][/move]

Custom

Quote from: PuttyChris on March 22, 2011, 04:51:17 PM

shut the intercourse  up
this is the greatest thread ever
i love you kayo
how did you discover this
i can stop carrying around poopty 4 eggs now and have 5
oh my intercourse ing god this is awesome
and this thing is level 75
it can run from every battle when i ride my bike into patches of grass because i can't steer
oh my god this is so great

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Kayo

Quote from: Custom on March 22, 2011, 06:18:45 PM
shut the intercourse  up
this is the greatest thread ever
i love you kayo
how did you discover this
i can stop carrying around poopty 4 eggs now and have 5
oh my intercourse ing god this is awesome
and this thing is level 75
it can run from every battle when i ride my bike into patches of grass because i can't steer
oh my god this is so great
I was just kind of checking it out, and noticed "Hey, this bug can Fly. And it's not Flying, it's Fir- WAIT WHAT ABILITY DOES IT HAVE"
And I'm actually okay with its design. I'm currently doing some massive grinding on my Larvesta (in the 40s now) to get it to 59 tonight, so it will evolve. Just because I didn't feel like bothering with the level 70 thing.

I can't wait until it evolves. Then I'll complete the final stage of my Deino breeding. Then breed other things.
[move][/move]

Custom

Quote from: Kayo on March 22, 2011, 06:26:12 PM
I was just kind of checking it out, and noticed "Hey, this bug can Fly. And it's not Flying, it's Fir- WAIT WHAT ABILITY DOES IT HAVE"
And I'm actually okay with its design. I'm currently doing some massive grinding on my Larvesta (in the 40s now) to get it to 59 tonight, so it will evolve. Just because I didn't feel like bothering with the level 70 thing.

I can't wait until it evolves. Then I'll complete the final stage of my Deino breeding. Then breed other things.

it reminds me of blue waffle mixed with some kind of terrible flaming rash but flame body + fly makes everything all right

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Kayo on March 22, 2011, 06:00:57 PM
Useless, you say? Like every other thread I make? Just because you're not one of those people doesn't mean they don't exist.

I was going to put this into the official thread but the post ended up being too long so it deserved its own thread. Or I can always make it something like "THe Official Volcarona Thread" like Oldsider had. Just calm yourself.
"Hey guys, Volcarona has Magma Armor and can learn Fly. Can anyone say massive Pokemon egg spree?"

Sugarcoating makes anything longer. I can possibly say how great Scraggy is if I sugarcoat everything about it.

Kayo

Quote from: Custom on March 22, 2011, 06:27:08 PM
it reminds me of blue waffle mixed with some kind of terrible flaming rash but flame body + fly makes everything all right
It's as good as a fiery flying bug can get, I suppose.

Quote from: PuttyChris on March 22, 2011, 06:27:27 PM
"Hey guys, Volcarona has Magma Armor and can learn Fly. Can anyone say massive Pokemon egg spree?"

Sugarcoating makes anything longer. I can possibly say how great Scraggy is if I sugarcoat everything about it.
Shut up. Don't trash a piece of writing if you disagree with it. And I can say how great Scrafty is easily, without exaggerating. It's got a lot going for it.
[move][/move]

Custom

Quote from: Kayo on March 22, 2011, 06:29:43 PM
It's as good as a fiery flying bug can get, I suppose.

picture this

scizor
but he has huge wings that are on fire
that's a cool bug/fire right there

Kayo

Quote from: Custom on March 22, 2011, 06:33:15 PM
picture this

scizor
but he has huge wings that are on fire
that's a cool bug/fire right there
I guess, but Bug/Steel was good enough for Scizor. He's already badass with his typing.
[move][/move]

So_So_Man

On a vaguely related note, for those of you who didn't know, ever since Gen 4 the likelihood of shinies in eggs is much greater when it has a foreign parent.