News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

649 Pokemon and some are still missing.

Started by The Riddler, March 30, 2011, 06:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

Quote from: Chandelure on April 07, 2011, 07:34:37 PM
God no

Don't bring this poop in here again

But... I want my stupid/random triple types! Especially the super contradictory fire/water/grass triple type! Charivenastoise will be a reality someday!!!

Cornwad

What would even happen if they made a triple type? Would only certain new ones have it, or would they go back and add a third type to some pokemon?

Kayo

Quote from: Cornwad on April 07, 2011, 07:39:19 PM
What would even happen if they made a triple type? Would only certain new ones have it, or would they go back and add a third type to some pokemon?
Here lies the problem. Either we have it unfairly geared toward new Pokemon only or everything as we know it is intercourse ed up.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Well, let's pray/hope GF doesn't decide to try something "new" and go along with it.
I can already see the uproars occurring in Smogon.

Quote from: Cornwad on April 07, 2011, 07:39:19 PM
Well, during Gen 1 Magneton was pure Electric typing.
Once 2nd Gen was made they gave it dual Electric/Steel typing, so I think it would be possible as an add-on to a few of the old.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 07, 2011, 07:42:33 PM
Well, let's pray/hope GF doesn't decide to try something "new" and go along with it.
I can already see the uproars occurring in Smogon.
Well, during Gen 1 Magneton was pure Electric typing.
Once 2nd Gen was made they gave it dual Electric/Steel typing, so I think it would be possible as an add-on to a few of the old.
That's one (two) pokemon only one generation later. They also changed the physical appearance of half the pokemon from R/B, especially from behind.

Adding some types (not second types- THIRD types) as many as 5 generations later is a bigger difference.It's not like Pokemon were ever Single typed. Because any Single -types pokemon.. what are they going to do, add a second type? Add TWO types? No, either way it's just weird. The only reason Magneton became steel is because the type never existed until Gen II, at which point GF realized "Hey, Magnemite/ton could be steel too, so be it."

What we'd be doing is adding existing types to old pokemon, and with that GF might do something stupid like make a Single-type Pokemon Dual types and what, not, leading to the whole "Water/Psychic was always a type combo, why doesn't Golduck get it until now?" thing, or whatever.

Not even going into the whole 8x weaknesses thing either. Just drop it.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Chandelure on April 07, 2011, 07:49:14 PM
Adding some types (not second types- THIRD types) as many as 5 generations later is a bigger difference.It's not like Pokemon were ever Single typed. Because any Single -types pokemon.. what are they going to do, add a second type? Add TWO types? No, either way it's just weird. The only reason Magneton became steel is because the type never existed until Gen II, at which point GF realized "Hey, Magnemite/ton could be steel too, so be it."
I know that, but I'll be honest with you.
When I was little I did not take any liking at all to the fact that Magneton got part Steel.
It was just very awkward during that time to me, and made no sense.

As I got older though I began to see why GF made it that way.
Because well, it's a "Metal Magnet".

But aside from all of the triple typing talk I really feel it would be nice to have a "Dinosaur" typing.
We've got dozens of dinosaur look alike pokemon that would have fitted in nicely.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 07, 2011, 08:10:09 PM
I know that, but I'll be honest with you.
When I was little I did not take any liking at all to the fact that Magneton got part Steel.
It was just very awkward during that time to me, and made no sense.

As I got older though I began to see why GF made it that way.
Because well, it's a "Metal Magnet".

But aside from all of the triple typing talk I really feel it would be nice to have a "Dinosaur" typing.
We've got dozens of dinosaur look alike pokemon that would have fitted in nicely.
What would be its weaknesses/resistances?

Really, dinosaurs were just reptiles that lived a long time ago. They had attributes similar to today's reptiles. And there is no "reptile" type. We really don't need a dinosaur type. It isn't needed. It's not like fire or water or anything. And it would probably end up being too similar to Dragon.
[move][/move]

Nayrman

I agree Dinosaur type would be kind of dumb, however I do agree with FruitFlow in that I think we need one more type to make things seem right. Ever since second gen I feel like we've been missing one type. However, I'm not really sure what that type would be. Perhaps something like Mystic type? It's moves could be something like spells instead of like Psychic which uses mind type things. I dunno. I'm just throwing random ideas out there....

Kayo

Quote from: Nayrman on April 07, 2011, 08:23:17 PM
I agree Dinosaur type would be kind of dumb, however I do agree with FruitFlow in that I think we need one more type to make things seem right. Ever since second gen I feel like we've been missing one type. However, I'm not really sure what that type would be. Perhaps something like Mystic type? It's moves could be something like spells instead of like Psychic which uses mind type things. I dunno. I'm just throwing random ideas out there....
The only thing that comes to mind more than anything else is a Light type. But I think it's too late to go back and change things. Especially because a lot of older pokemon fit this.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

There has been a lot of talk about Light typing ever since the revealing of Reshiram and Zekrom.
What would it's strengths and weaknesses be?

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 07, 2011, 08:41:40 PM
There has been a lot of talk about Light typing ever since the revealing of Reshiram and Zekrom.
What would it's strengths and weaknesses be?
It might be weak to Dark, strong against Ghost, take half damage from Fighting and Psychic, and things like that.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

JrDude

I tried reading it all and decided to stop.

Regardless of the "awesomeness" or "stupidness" a triple type would be, it will never happen.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 07, 2011, 09:36:23 PM
I tried reading it all and decided to stop.

Regardless of the "awesomeness" or "stupidness" a triple type would be, it will never happen.
I might be mistaken, but aren't you the one who brought it up a while back?
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Chandelure on April 07, 2011, 09:38:13 PM
I might be mistaken, but aren't you the one who brought it up a while back?
It might have been Chris.