News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

649 Pokemon and some are still missing.

Started by The Riddler, March 30, 2011, 06:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Riddler

Light type should be immune to Dark type, and Dark should be immune to Light.
Would be resistant to Electric as well.
Weak to Rock? Who intercourse ing knows or cares, it's unnecessary.

Back to the topic of NEW POKEMON.
Let's get an Armadillo.
Armaldo =/= Armadillo.
Donphan is more elephant.
Sandshrew is a shrew.

FruitFlow

Quote from: Cecil Harvey on April 07, 2011, 09:54:49 PM
Let's get an Armadillo.
Armaldo =/= Armadillo.
Donphan is more elephant.
Sandshrew is a shrew.
I suggested this a while back, although I'm not sure if anyone noticed.
But I agree with what you said.
None of the Pokemon we have now are anywhere related to an armadillo, and therefore would make a nice addition.

Donphan clearly is an elephant just as its name implies.
Donphan
Elephant

Koala, Goat and Lemur would be good too.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

The Riddler

Cornwad

Quote from: Cecil Harvey on April 07, 2011, 09:54:49 PM
Light type should be immune to Dark type, and Dark should be immune to Light.
Sandshrew is a shrew.

I think Psychic is suppose to be Light type.
And Sandshrew isn't a shrew, he's a pangolin  =P

Neerb

Quote from: Cornwad on April 08, 2011, 07:55:04 AM
I think Psychic is suppose to be Light type.
And Sandshrew isn't a shrew, he's a pangolin  =P

Actually, light is just spread all over the place. Flash is Normal, Light Screen is Psychic, Signal Beam is Bug, Power Gem is Rock, and then there's pretty much every Electric attack (I personally would say that if any single type would be "Light," Electric would make the most sense).

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on April 08, 2011, 09:50:22 AM
Actually, light is just spread all over the place. Flash is Normal, Light Screen is Psychic, Signal Beam is Bug, Power Gem is Rock, and then there's pretty much every Electric attack (I personally would say that if any single type would be "Light," Electric would make the most sense).
Yeah because light = electricity. :|

Even though it doesn't really. As far as my perspective on Light goes for this, the Pokémon I could see being Light-type if it existed are pokemon like Clefairy and Togekiss. And Espeon too, since the Light/Dark Espeon/Umbreon thing would make sense.

But if there WAS a light-type, I don't see it being very useful. It would have as many good moves as Bug did in Gen I (read: none).
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Nayrman

I dunno. I can see light type having some use if it's used right, but it'll probably never happen. I still feel like we're missing one type to make things complete though....

Neerb

Quote from: Chandelure on April 08, 2011, 11:48:09 AM
Yeah because light = electricity. :|

Even though it doesn't really
. As far as my perspective on Light goes for this, the Pokémon I could see being Light-type if it existed are pokemon like Clefairy and Togekiss. And Espeon too, since the Light/Dark Espeon/Umbreon thing would make sense.

But if there WAS a light-type, I don't see it being very useful. It would have as many good moves as Bug did in Gen I (read: none).

I was just saying it's the closest type, Captain Obvious, with Thunderbolt, Thunder (which is shown to really be lightning) and such; it makes more sense than saying Psychic is Light, especially seeing as how Psychic attacks are generally Telekenetic/Telepathic and shouldn't really even be visible.

FruitFlow

Quote from: Cecil Harvey on April 08, 2011, 12:39:27 AM
Goat -> Ram

Goatesk and Rampede. :3
That sounds awesome.

@Everyone else: I suppose Fighting would be considered Light, since Fighting-type represents justice, goodness, honorable and fair fighting.
Whereas Dark-type represents crime, evilness, and goes along the lines of sinister and underhanded fighting.

Dark type moves are dirty and low down like "Bite". Biting is considered cheating in a real life fight. Then we have "Beat Up" which is a group/gang attack, "Thief" which is stealing, "Fling" which is throwing an object and using it to your advantage, and then there's "Sucker Punch" which is generally attacking your opponent from behind or while he/she has his/her guard down, etc.

Some Fighting-types even have access to the "Justice Heart" ability which raises the Atk stat if hit by a Dark type move.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Neerb

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 08, 2011, 03:25:49 PM
That sounds awesome.

@Everyone else: I suppose Fighting would be considered Light, since Fighting-type represents justice, goodness, honorable and fair fighting.
Whereas Dark-type represents crime, evilness, and goes along the lines of sinister and underhanded fighting.

Dark type moves are dirty and low down like "Bite". Biting is considered cheating in a real life fight. Then we have "Beat Up" which is a group/gang attack, "Thief" which is stealing, "Fling" which is throwing an object and using it to your advantage, and then there's "Sucker Punch" which is generally attacking your opponent from behind or while he/she has his/her guard down, etc.

Some Fighting-types even have access to the "Justice Heart" ability which raises the Atk stat if hit by a Dark type move.

That actually makes a lot of sense; I mean, I always thought of it being Dark in the "elemental" sense, but now that I think about it, pretty much every Dark move is simply Dark in the underhanded sense. Heck, even the energy move Dark Pulse is generated by the user thinking dark thoughts.

Kayo

Yeah but moves like Karate Chop or Low Kick are clearly Fighting moves, and fighting is based on Martial Arts, which =/= light.

Moves like Aura Sphere though seem like they could be light moves.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Chandelure on April 08, 2011, 06:28:41 PM
Yeah but moves like Karate Chop or Low Kick are clearly Fighting moves, and fighting is based on Martial Arts, which =/= light.

So by the logic, Lucario will gain the "Light" type?

Kayo

Quote from: OshawottTrainerChris on April 08, 2011, 07:31:04 PM
So by the logic, Lucario will gain the "Light" type?
No, nothing's gaining any type. I'm just saying the concept of fighting = light isn't exactly sitting with me.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Neerb on April 08, 2011, 04:26:59 PM
That actually makes a lot of sense; I mean, I always thought of it being Dark in the "elemental" sense, but now that I think about it, pretty much every Dark move is simply Dark in the underhanded sense. Heck, even the energy move Dark Pulse is generated by the user thinking dark thoughts.
I pretty much already knew that Dark wouldn't be an elemental themed typing as soon as I saw "Bite" get transformed from Normal typing in Gen 2.
"Nasty Plot" sounds very sinister and fits in wonderfully with Dark.

Quote from: Chandelure on April 08, 2011, 06:28:41 PM

The in-game animations of Aura Sphere, Focus Blast, Life Gamble, Reversal, Drain Punch and Focus Punch all "look" Light based, and most of these are Physical.

Even the anime sort of leaves a bit of structure in this. (I don't watch the anime, but I know this for sure):

- Mach Punch anime description: "The user's fist glows and it punches the opponent"

- Brick Break anime descrption: "The user's hand turns white and then it punches its opponent"

- Force Palm anime description (Lucario): "Lucario runs up to the opponent and puts its palm on it. It then fires a huge light green blast from its paw at the opponent"
- Force Palm anime description (Hariyama): "A white ball forms in front of Hariyama's hand and it puts its arm up to the opponent. It then fires a white blast from the ball at the opponent"

- Focus Blast anime description: "A ball of light-blue energy is formed between the user's hands. The ball is then shot at the foe"

- Sky Uppercut anime description: "The user's fists/claws glow light blue. It then uppercuts the opponent, leaving a white trail behind.

Yeah, a lot of these are indeed questionable, but the actions in the show seem much more logical than the ones shown in the games.

Kayo

Uh well many moves cause the limbs to turn white. Anything that involves a specific body part and isn't a basic motion attack will. Pikachu's Iron Tail used to turn its tail white (now computer effects make it look like a shiny plate of iron) and also moves like X-Scissor turn claws white, etc.

I can see your point on Focus Blast, but the only reason that you see arms glow white, etc. is because they're emphasizing the attack. It's what makes X-Scissor different from Scratch, for example, and makes Brick Break different from say, Karate Chop. Iron Tail without glowing effects would look too much like Pound. These are stronger attacks, and they want them to appear as such.

It's only an emphasis thing on a lot of attacks, to draw attention to the specific buildup of strength on that body part. It gives the Pokemon that kind of POWER to execute that stronger-than-average force for the attack.. Otherwise it would just be punching and clawing. The glowing white means "Look here, the power builds up so the user is capable of superhuman strength."

And the LIGHT blue thing? Really, no. You have no argument there, since LIGHT blue is just a specific shade of blue. It looks to me like you're associating the word "light" with glowing light. Yeah it glows, but the word "light" in this case is referring to the shade of blue. You could also say "The user's claws glow cyan," but it was just the word choice of whoever wrote that part of the page.

Don't get me wrong, it glows, but by your logic half the attacks used in the anime would be Light type.
[move][/move]