News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

649 Pokemon and some are still missing.

Started by The Riddler, March 30, 2011, 06:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on April 01, 2011, 07:47:04 PM
I never believed it, but I did once see fake starters of those pure types. I think they were a dog, a triceratops, and a kangaroo... or something like that.

But yeah, I'd like that combo, but they'd need to be attached to the standard Grass, Fire, and Water.
Except there would be no unique type combos from there. They've all been done before.

Psychic: Exeggutor, Victini, Starmie
Dark: Cacturne, Houndoom, Sharpedo
Fighting: Breloom, Blaziken, Poliwrath

Just to name a few examples.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Quote from: Chandelure on April 01, 2011, 07:50:54 PM
Except there would be no unique type combos from there. They've all been done before.

Psychic: Exeggutor, Victini, Starmie
Dark: Cacturne, Houndoom, Sharpedo
Fighting: Breloom, Blaziken, Poliwrath

Just to name a few examples.
Who gives a intercourse  if other Pokemon have those typings. The starters haven't. The fact that three fire starters are Fire/Fighting is uncreative and annoying.

Kayo

Quote from: Cecil Harvey on April 01, 2011, 08:09:12 PM
Who gives a intercourse  if other Pokemon have those typings. The starters haven't. The fact that three fire starters are Fire/Fighting is uncreative and annoying.
I like the idea of starters having unique typings. That's the only reason I likes Gen IV's starters, as I said. In fact, the only thing I really liked about Gen IV was the little creative things like that.
I used to always pick the Fire starter, but Blaziken was my last one. Will be until we get a better Fire starter typing if there's a ...oh god... Gen VI.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Fire: Lizards, Echidnas, Chickens, Monkeys, and Pigs.
Water: Turtles, Crocodiles, Mudfish, Penguins, and Otters
Grass: Toads, Dinosaurs, Geckos, Turtles, Snakes.

What next?
Fire: Frilled Lizard
Water: Platypus
Grass: Triceratops

Neerb

Quote from: Cecil Harvey on April 01, 2011, 08:34:56 PM
Fire: Lizards, Echidnas, Chickens, Monkeys, and Pigs.
Water: Turtles, Crocodiles, Mudfish, Penguins, and Otters
Grass: Toads, Dinosaurs, Geckos, Turtles, Snakes.

What next?
Fire: Frilled Lizard
Water: Platypus
Grass: Triceratops

Venusaur's family are dinosaurs, not toads. Hence the "saur" at the end of all three of their names.

Personally, I'd like the next gen to have no reptilian starters. How about...

Grass: Peacock, part Flying of course
Fire: Lion or Tiger (or both, one on the second evo stage and one on the third); could be Dark
Water: Platypus sounds nice... maybe part Poison? or Ground? or Electric!!!

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on April 01, 2011, 08:42:43 PM
Venusaur's family are dinosaurs, not toads. Hence the "saur" at the end of all three of their names.

Personally, I'd like the next gen to have no reptilian starters. How about...

Grass: Peacock, part Flying of course
Fire: Lion or Tiger (or both, one on the second evo stage and one on the third); could be Dark
Water: Platypus sounds nice... maybe part Poison? or Ground? or Electric!!!
Electric? Nah, doesn't seem like we'd get starters with two elemental types.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Neerb on April 01, 2011, 08:42:43 PM
I think they're supposed to be based on a Kannemeyeria.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Neerb

Quote from: Chandelure on April 01, 2011, 09:49:30 PM
Electric? Nah, doesn't seem like we'd get starters with two elemental types.

Isn't Earth (Ground) elemental in most circles? Or do you just mean formerly All Special... in which case, screw that, I want my Water/Ice starter.

Anyway, your uniquely-typed starter thing is simply impractical, especially seeing as how the ONLY type that Water hasn't been combined with at some point in time is FIRE.

On a related note, Grass has yet to be combined with Fire, Dragon, or Ghost. Fire has yet to be combined with Grass, Water, Ice, Normal, or Poison.

Cornwad

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 01, 2011, 05:17:20 PM
Samurott I'm not so sure of.
Fighting maybe?

But Serperior could've maybe had dual Dark since it looks sinister and has the "Antagonist" ability.
But then that would build more weaknesses.
Serperior has the "Contrary" ability and is based on the French. I think the French might have been a little offended if it ended up being Dark type. It's not sinister, it's just snooty, or smug.

Quote from: Neerb on April 02, 2011, 08:13:17 AM
On a related note, Grass has yet to be combined with Fire, Dragon, or Ghost. Fire has yet to be combined with Grass, Water, Ice, Normal, or Poison.
I don't think any of those types are really practical for starters. Like I guess a burning oil spill monster would be kind of cool, butt nobody would want to chose it. Dragon seems too powerful a type for a starter, and ghost would pretty much make it immune to all early attacks, like the first battle against your rival. Fire/Grass and Fire/Water obviously don't work, Normal is a pretty boring type to combine with anything, Fire/Ice could work I guess but it sort of gives the fire an doubly unfair advantage against the grass, as does Fire/Poison.

Neerb

I think Fire/Normal might actually be alright; the STAB would definitely help early on in the game, anyway.

Zero

Quote from: Neerb on April 01, 2011, 03:10:57 PM
We can have more than one of the same type combination.  Heck, in case you don't remember, we have 3 Fire/Fighting Pokemon. :|

Yes but when we already have a pokemon that somewhat resembles a ninja with that exact typing it seems redundant.

It's whatever

Neerb

I didn't see Bisharp as being very ninja-like; he's more of a Power Ranger with blades sticking out all over him. He looks neither agile nor stealthy.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on April 02, 2011, 06:37:11 PM
I didn't see Bisharp as being very ninja-like; he's more of a Power Ranger with blades sticking out all over him. He looks neither agile nor stealthy.
As far as Ninja-like pokemon, Accelgor comes to my mind the most. It has Ninja-like speed and attitude.

Ninjask seems like it was designed to be more ninja-like. Look at the name and the even higher speed. But I just think of a wasp when I see a Ninjask.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

[move][/move]