News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

NSFCD Pokedex - Starter/Legendary Discussion

Started by The Riddler, April 08, 2011, 09:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Quote from: Nayrman on April 10, 2011, 09:30:58 AM
Ok, since no one can come up with agreeable water/fire/grass starters, perhaps we should go with Psychic, Dark, and Fighting starters?
I still think my idea makes the most sense:
Fire/Psychic
Grass/Fighting
Water/Dark

The cycle works normally so each starter beats the type it's supposed to with both its primary and secondary type.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Nayrman

Hm. Ok. I'll try to come up with something like that in mind I guess.

FruitFlow

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 10, 2011, 02:02:11 AM
They're starters, we don't need to be ultra unique and awesome. They CAN be, but we shouldn't be trying to make them the most epic, most resistant, most equal Pokémon of all time.
If they have x4 weakness to 5 things while another only has x2 weakness to 1 thing, Who cares?
Well, if you say so.
I just wanted as creative as possible.

Quote from: Chandelure on April 10, 2011, 09:25:12 AM
I have no idea what you're trying to say Jr but Ice is only resistant to itself. Ice takes neutral damage from Water.

Also, no Ghost type starters please. You'd automatically win every battle for a while because EVERYTHING has only Normal-type moves. If it only becomes Ghost in the final stage MAYBE, but not in the first or second.
Of course.
No starter should ever have dual at they're first stage.
Second stage sounds okay, since a lot of things learn Dark moves at an early rate. (Bite, Pursuit, etc.)
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 10, 2011, 09:41:50 AM
Well, if you say so.
I just wanted as creative as possible.
Of course.
No starter should ever have dual at they're first stage.
Second stage sounds okay, since a lot of things learn Dark moves at an early rate. (Bite, Pursuit, etc.)
Yeah but a lot of things don't.

No starter has ever had an immunity until the third stage. As a refresher, these are Swampert and Torterra being immune to Electric, and Empoleon being immune to Poison. It's just too unbalanced, I think.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Chandelure on April 10, 2011, 09:44:24 AM
Yeah but a lot of things don't.

No starter has ever had an immunity until the third stage. As a refresher, these are Swampert and Torterra being immune to Electric, and Empoleon being immune to Poison. It's just too unbalanced, I think.
Actually, Mudkip gains Ground in it's second stage as a Marshstomp.

How about we make the Grass a late evolver like Totodile and Turtwig?
Or just make all the starters dual at their final stage.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 10, 2011, 09:54:43 AM
Actually, Mudkip gains Ground in it's second stage as a Marshstomp.

How about we make the Grass a late evolver like Totodile and Turtwig?
Or just make all the starters dual at their final stage.
Okay yeah it does, but Grotle and Prinplup are single typed. Forgot about that (I usually don't care about middle stages)

Either way, that was ONE immunity, to a pretty rare type anyway. You don't find Electric types until around the third gym in the game Marshtomp appears in, and even then it's only Electrike and Plusle/Minun. And by then you already will have found Geodude. So the second type doesn't entirely impact the game too much.

TWO immunities on the other hand, to more common types, are different. The earliest you could ever catch a Ghost was Lavender Town in RBYFRLG. And then, that was ONE ghost, which is what made it a useful asset (being the only one available)

...I'm just saying, it just seems to stand out more than the other two starters. A Ghost is something that should be available to everybody, instead of only to whoever picks a certain starter.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Don't worry creative people, these are just the starters, there's 142 more Pokémon to create (if we go for 151, otherwise even more/less), we don't have to put ALL the creativity into the starters.
[move][/move]
Dude .

FruitFlow

Well, for the time being I want to stick with my Grass/Ghost idea.
If everyone ends up disliking it though I'll just go ahead and try to think up something new.
But I really like this typing.

The Riddler

Fire/Psychic
Grass/Fighting
Water/Dark

I'm a fan of this, as much as I love the Platypus idea.

Now for the creatures to go along with them.
I still think we need a frilled lizard in there somewhere, and for some reason the Grass/Fighting type sounds like it'd match. It keeps the reptile/amphibian thing going as well.

FruitFlow

Oh, I just wanted to point out that another reason I chose Grass/Ghost is because as reptiles shed their skin it becomes very pale colored. Giving off sort of a ghostly/zombie appearance.
Like this:

[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Very huge pic:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Kayo

Fruity, we can still make a Grass/Ghost, just perhaps not as a starter. Really.

And for the lizard thing, perhaps start as a basic quadrupedal frilled lizard for the base form, gradually becoming more menacing and aggressive through evolution until it ultimately reaches an epic beast of a frilled lizard that has developed vicious combative fighting skills.

And Intimidate would be a very fitting ability if we didn't want to stick to Overgrow. But if we do go separate abilities, save Intimidate until at least the second form so it's not too powerful (Intimidate is a great ability), and have the first form have a weak filler ability or whatever.

Or stick with Overgrow, it's no big deal. It might be easier if we stay traditional on the abilities.

This is all a spew of random ideas of mine.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Let's move along in the discussion while we think about the starters.

How about "The New Pikachu"? Who should our new Electric Rodent be?
We had Pikachu, Pichu, Plusle/Minun, Pachirisu, and Emolga.

Next?

FruitFlow

Let's see. We've had mice and squirrels.
How about a gerbil or hamster?
Electric gerbil.

The Riddler

Bahahahaha I can picture its fur puffing out from static.

FruitFlow