News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

NSFCD Pokedex - Starter/Legendary Discussion

Started by The Riddler, April 08, 2011, 09:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Quote from: Nayrman on April 26, 2011, 01:53:59 PM
Alright, back after a hiatus. What've we talked about so far? Eeveelution pics we thought of? Grass starter ideas?
No one will give me anything. /sigh

Has Rob given the okay to discuss Eeveelutions? I still have Toxeon and Insecteon (working titles) on the drawing board.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

JrDude

I personally don't want Eeveelutions to be in the dex, but that's just me. Seems to be an easy route to arguments.
Since I have nothing on Eeveelutions, I'll need a base for ideas to add to them, because I don't have the slightest idea on what they should look like.
[move][/move]
Dude .

JrDude

[spoiler=The Rob Horse Pic][/spoiler]
(I know you're not doing colors, but I shall mention them anyway)
Demon horse. Use something like the above pic, except all black.
Change something about the head hair though, as I don't like it in it's face. Make it, like, up.
The hair on the head and tail, I want it to be dark red.
Eyes red.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 26, 2011, 03:32:01 PM
[spoiler=The Rob Horse Pic][/spoiler]
(I know you're not doing colors, but I shall mention them anyway)
Demon horse. Use something like the above pic, except all black.
Change something about the head hair though, as I don't like it in it's face. Make it, like, up.
The hair on the head and tail, I want it to be dark red.
Eyes red.
Demon horse? I thought we were going Pegasus (Flying), Hippocamp (Water), and whatever that Grass thing is.

Also I already have the Eeveelutions designed for the most part. I'll have drawings in before I ask for feedback.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Quote from: Kondor on April 26, 2011, 03:42:16 PM
Demon horse? I thought we were going Pegasus (Flying), Hippocamp (Water), and whatever that Grass thing is.

Also I already have the Eeveelutions designed for the most part. I'll have drawings in before I ask for feedback.
There's 4 horses.
Look at the first post.
There's a trio, and tro leader (aka, fourth Poké). Demon horse is part of trio, Pegasus is trio leader.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 26, 2011, 03:44:22 PM
There's 4 horses.
Look at the first post.
There's a trio, and tro leader (aka, fourth Poké). Demon horse is part of trio, Pegasus is trio leader.
Eh? I thought Pegasus was one of the three... I guess not.

What was the "demon horse" supposed to be based on? Everything else had some mythological creature to be based on, but I don't remember this one. Or is it just a Dark-typed "demon horse"? OR IS IT FIRE?

Which actually would make sense since it mirrors the Starter types-- perhaps imply that during gameplay you would encounter a certain horse first, based on your starter. (i.e. you first have access to the one that beats your starter) or something. Kind of like in FR/LG when you would find Entei if you picked Bulbasaur, Raikou if you picked Squirtle, and Suicune if you picked Charmander.
[move][/move]

JrDude

They aren't necessarily based off mythological creatures, more based off of Zeus (Pegasus), Poseiden (Hippocamp), Hades (EVIL [fire] HORSE OF DEATH), and Demeter (Grass harvest horse).
Like I said, look at first post.

Also, maybe 1 or 2 roam, but I don't think the hades horse should roam. Hades was tricked and basically trapped to be the God of Hell. So he should be stuck in an area (chained up?) where you... free him? THEN HE ROAMS, maybe. Doesn't matter I guess.
And after you capture or steal the item using some item stealing move, you can give the item the Hades horse is holding automatically to Octillery, level it up underwater, then Octillery evolves into the Kraken evo.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 26, 2011, 03:53:19 PM
They aren't necessarily based off mythological creatures, more based off of Zeus (Pegasus), Poseiden (Hippocamp), Hades (EVIL [fire] HORSE OF DEATH), and Demeter (Grass harvest horse).
It IS a fire type?

Soooo, it's like Rapidash. A fire typed horse

Why am I not okay with this. Oh yeah, same reason I didn't like how Pansear was a carbon copy of Chimchar (though I disliked Chimchar). There already IS a fire horse. And I don't exactly want to make it dual-typed, since no other legendary trio follows this. They're either all dual-typed or all single-typed, except for Kyogre-Groudon-Rayquaza. But Rayquaza was obviously more powerful than the other two, so it's ALMOST justified (plus it was a cover legendary trio).

Yeah we worked ourselves into a corner here, having two usable ideas but one being two close to an existing but unrelated Pokémon.... a situation I'd hoped to avoid.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Doesn't matter.
I wanted it to be dark type, but everyone said "it doesn't seem trio-y, SO LET'S COPY THE FIRST 2 TRIOS BY MAKING IT FIRE! ♥"
The original was no Demeter horse. Just Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades. My suggestion was "Fly, Water, Dark." But those didn't seem "trio-y," so they suggested "Electric, Water, Fire" (elements or something) Then I said that makes no sense for Pegasus, then eventually Demeter got in the picture, then it was "Grass, Fire, Water + Fly" because "it makes sense" and then I was like "fine..."

Anyway. We have Fire monkey, then another fire monkey. We can do it regardless.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 26, 2011, 04:07:27 PM
Doesn't matter.
I wanted it to be dark type, but everyone said "it doesn't seem trio-y, SO LET'S COPY THE FIRST 2 TRIOS BY MAKING IT FIRE! ♥"
The original was no Demeter horse. Just Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades. My suggestion was "Fly, Water, Dark." But those didn't seem "trio-y," so they suggested "Electric, Water, Fire" (elements or something) Then I said that makes no sense for Pegasus, then eventually Demeter got in the picture, then it was "Grass, Fire, Water + Fly" because "it makes sense" and then I was like "fine..."

Anyway. We have Fire monkey, then another fire monkey. We can do it regardless.
Except the fire monkey being copied wasn't GOOD. Just because GameFreak did it, doesn't make it a good idea. It doesn't mean we should do the same things they do. First of all, one of the objections I had about the horses was the fact that they were too... plain. For one, horses have already been done. Two, they're clearly real animals. I was hoping for a trio that mixed so many things that they still looked good, but unique. Not just elemental horses. This is the same reason I have to give the fighting trio of Unova some credit-- they don't look like real animals that have had a few elemental additions to them.

Entei, Raikou, and Suicune I liked. They were obviously animals, but with so many changes to them (and they don't look like they just come from one animal each) they actually looked more unique. The only image in my head is horses. While It's not so much of a problem with the hippocamp thing, the fire one is what gets me most of all. What are we going to do? Make it's mane, tail, etc. fire? Wait, that's Rapidash.

Okay what I'm trying to say is, the fire one is Rapidash, and I don't want us to pull what Gamefreak did with the fire monkeys. Besides, since it's a fan dex, you KNOW people will criticize it. I don't want us to be accused of being "unoriginal." I do NOT like the fire horse idea.
[move][/move]

JrDude

It's a demon horse that is fire typed.
I was thinking of adding horns and poop to make it devilish.

It's not gonna look anything like Rapidash. It's just gonna be a horse that happens to be Fire too.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 26, 2011, 04:41:55 PM
It's a demon horse that is fire typed.
I was thinking of adding horns and poop to make it devilish.

It's not gonna look anything like Rapidash. It's just gonna be a horse that happens to be Fire too.
How do we make it look fire then? The other two have fins or vines or whatever. The traditional representation of fire is physical fire somewhere on the body, if not an orange color. The starters all have physical fire, everything else falls into the color except for HOUNDOOM. A dark Fire type (Actually a Dark/Fire type--I wasn't referring to the Dark type there) with devil-like qualities--the horns and the tail for instance. So what we're leaning towards is... a Rapidash/Houndoom mix?

Houndoom is a dark Pokemon with not-so-obvious-by-appearance fire qualities. That's pretty much what you're trying to get with this, is it not?
[move][/move]

JrDude

Yes. Houndoom version of a horse, except a lot different because making Horsedoom would be kinda lame.
But look at Entei, doesn't even look like a Fire type, yet is.
Like I said earlier, dark red hair and tail. Feet remain all black, horse shoes can be dark red as well. Skeletal horns maybe, maybe not, but some form of horns to signify demon.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 26, 2011, 05:00:54 PM
Yes. Houndoom version of a horse, except a lot different because making Horsedoom would be kinda lame.
But look at Entei, doesn't even look like a Fire type, yet is.
Like I said earlier, dark red hair and tail. Feet remain all black, horse shoes can be dark red as well. Skeletal horns maybe, maybe not, but some form of horns to signify demon.
It's just... so different from all the other horses in the trio, er, quartet. The way you're describing it it just seems like it's more powerful than a member of the "minor trio".
[move][/move]

JrDude

Who cares if it looks like it's more powerful? I mean, Hades did create the Kraken, a beast that could kill the Gods if I remember correctly.
[move][/move]
Dude .