News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

NSFCD Pokedex - Starter/Legendary Discussion

Started by The Riddler, April 08, 2011, 09:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FruitFlow

Not sure why, but that image sort of gives out Raticate.
Maybe it's the color.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

The Riddler

Let's get back to the starter discussion.

We need creatures that fit the typing combinations: Water/Dark, Grass/Fighting, Fire/Psychic

Any ideas?

JrDude

I'm thinking frog for Water. Little blue frog with a tail, second evo is like this:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Final evo is on 2 legs and looks evil and more purple (as dark is often associated with purple)
Though I guess there isn't much sense there since they're normally tadpoles at the most pre-evo, but normally the starters have the ability to walk on land, but this looks Dark to me.
I know frogs have been used a few times already, but I like this idea. Though we don't have to use it.

For Grass, this thing should be part of the final evo:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
As that mohawk thingy would look awesome (according to my imagination) on a Grass/Fight

And for Fire... A Rabbit? IDK For some reason, Fire/Psychic is making me think of some epic bigass rabbit with it's ears down (final evo)
[move][/move]
Dude .

JrDude

Also, because I know this will be brought up in the future.
Can we not go for the obvious and end up making a prevo of Kangaskhan?
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

I really don't see a mammal for Fire/Psychic, to be honest. Not an evolving one, at least.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Chandelure on April 13, 2011, 03:50:59 AM
I really don't see a mammal for Fire/Psychic, to be honest.

Victini seems fine with it.

How would evolving change anything?

FruitFlow

"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

The Riddler

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 12, 2011, 11:04:10 PM
I'm thinking frog for Water. Little blue frog with a tail, second evo is like this:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Final evo is on 2 legs and looks evil and more purple (as dark is often associated with purple)
Though I guess there isn't much sense there since they're normally tadpoles at the most pre-evo, but normally the starters have the ability to walk on land, but this looks Dark to me.
I know frogs have been used a few times already, but I like this idea. Though we don't have to use it.
We haven't had a "real" frog. Seismitoad is weird. The only "Real" frog is Politoed.

FruitFlow

I honestly can't think of anything that would fit the Grass/Fighting category.
Now I see how companies feel while struggling for new ideas.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on April 13, 2011, 05:49:22 AM
Victini seems fine with it.

How would evolving change anything?
I can't picture it EVOLVING. I don't want to know what the final form would look like >_>
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

So, was the Fire type decided to be a Frilled Lizard, or are we still in the debating process?

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 13, 2011, 09:38:27 PM
So, was the Fire type decided to be a Frilled Lizard, or are we still in the debating process?
That's the Grass type i think.
[move][/move]

JrDude

It can be anything. Fire Fighters (oh look, a pun), were Chickens, Monkeys, and Pig/Boars. You just gotta put 'em on 2 feet, make them look epic, and put them in a fighting stance.
[move][/move]
Dude .

FruitFlow

I guess I'll leave the starter selections to you guys.
Since none of the ideas I had in mind are.

In the meantime, I'll continue thinking up a good name for the gerbil.

JrDude

So, with no other ideas being presented, should mine be the official ideas for designs? or is Victini too Bunnyish and should be a reason to change the fire starter's idea?
[move][/move]
Dude .