News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Mack's Peril

Started by Macawmoses, January 24, 2009, 10:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

After another disappointment, Mack headed East. No one knows how far East the wanderer did go, but he kept on traveling, traveling east. He made his way through eerie swamps and dense forests, traveled through small villas, and would behold a number of spectacles....but regardless of what he saw, he could not forget that the bad guys always win.

Alas, he found a sign that amazed him. It read:

Welcome to Transylvania.

Wonderful. He continued inward, traversing the terrain with ease - horse and bottle by his side. Upon entry of a small border town, he noticed something was amiss. It was daylight, and no one was out and about. He pondered whether or not it had died off, when he witnessed curtains snap shut. Someone was alive.

Pulling out his latest acquisition, a newfangled revolver, he jumped down off of his horse. Suddenly, doors flew open, and he found himself pinned to the ground, by women and children, no less.

Looking up into their eyes, he noticed they were largely yellow, and the skin pale.

"You.." a woman rasped "are not from around here. You will help. A deadly plague has been contracted in our humble abode, and we are left here to die. Feasting upon us are Transylvanias most well known residents, vampires. At the rate we are going, we'll be subject to death in no time. You must help us - kill the vampires so we have time to be healed. Protect our doctor, whom is our only link to the outside world."

With that, they released him, only to have him blink and stare at them. Knowing he was immune to all disease, and the possibility of becoming a vampire or werewolf thanks to his bloodline, he stood tall and spoke.

"I'll help you. You do as I say, and you live. If you don't, I turn my back and let you die."

Silently, they all nodded, and went back into their abodes.

This game is different from the others we have played here, a plague is sweeping the town, and so on and so forth. While this was inspired by the variation I found on wikipedia, it plays out in my own sick way. Let's make it clear that two of you die in a day, three of you are vampires, and so on and so forth.

Another difference in this title, Peril, is that you will not have a thread to discuss your death in. At all. Too many morons revealed things. So, a point. If any of you dips***s reveal anything after you death, in private or not, you can be banned from the forum for 2 weeks. How do I get away with saying this? Well, this generates a good amount of activity, largely more than most threads, so jeopardizing that puts the forums well being at risk. Case in point, don't be b****es.

As soon as the final role is cast, we play. I'll post saying Game Begin. When you get a pm, shut up about it until then.

Oh, I'm playing in this game ^_^

Players:

Mackormoses
JNeedforspeed2014
Phaze
`Matt`
Masteryounglink
Jono2
Lightningsword
Riddler_Rob
Red
Ridley
Birdie of Aces
DOODLEboy99
Silverhawk79
Evilspud
HTA Voted off the island in round 1.
Nine 1 One
GreatGonzalez106Died from virus. Night 1.

Macawmoses

Go.

DAY PHASE 1 Begins NOW!

Also, quick note, no revealing your roles, ever. Upon dying, your role goes to the grave.

HTA!

K.

This sounds like a cool spin on things.

Or a way to make it go by faster.  >:(

GreatGonzales106

I'm ready, I haven't played since I was the first one killed in the second game here.

Macawmoses

Oh yeah, phases end by 11 EST. Maybe midnights. We'll see. Let's go with 11.

THEBIRD

I haven't played a werewolf game in over 6 months XD.

So, do we discuss here and then each PM you a vote of who we think is a vampire/who the vampire is going to bite? Or just post in this thread?

Matt

Ah, good luck to all. Interesting first story as well, Mack.

GreatGonzales106

How many phases are there and what happens in each one? Or will this be revealed to us as the phases move forward?

Light

Quote from: GreatGonzalez106 on January 25, 2009, 12:48:43 AM
How many phases are there and what happens in each one? Or will this be revealed to us as the phases move forward?
Strange, I was just about to ask the same thing. Oh well.

This game sure looks like it'll be... different.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Macawmoses

Quote from: Birdie of Aces on January 25, 2009, 12:39:35 AM
I haven't played a werewolf game in over 6 months XD.

So, do we discuss here and then each PM you a vote of who we think is a vampire/who the vampire is going to bite? Or just post in this thread?
You may freely deliberate via post, pm, or our chat, #werewolf. However, once dead, it is expected you stay that way. All votes get pm'd to me, and stay anonymous.

Quote from: `Matt` on January 25, 2009, 12:40:24 AM
Ah, good luck to all. Interesting first story as well, Mack.
I'd like to think so.

Quote from: GreatGonzalez106 on January 25, 2009, 12:48:43 AM
Phases pend on the length. Game is broken into two phases; day and night. We go through an entire day every 48 hours. We'll likely last ten or so days total (our time). Day phases are deliberation and pming me your lynch vote (of who you think needs to die), while Night Phases are when the baddies lurk. Some abilities are limited in what they can do, based on phase.

Jono2

k, wait

by "no revealing roles", you mean that we can't tell ANYONE who we are, right?  no hints whatsoever, even if both parties are convinced of who said person is? (say there was a seer and he checked someone out, could he talk to him)

that makes it more interesting. :D

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Macawmoses

Quote from: Jono2 on January 25, 2009, 01:33:45 AM
k, wait

by "no revealing roles", you mean that we can't tell ANYONE who we are, right?  no hints whatsoever, even if both parties are convinced of who said person is? (say there was a seer and he checked someone out, could he talk to him)

You can, but you probably shouldn't in that regard. Showing any pm I send you to another user is a problem. Just because you say you are a doctor is one thing, but it does not prove a thing. I'm fine with that. Revealing the exact pm I sent, though, does pose a problem (as others were).

However, upon death, roles will not be revealed this time.

Also, a completely brand new role is in this one, if not more.

Jono2

Quote from: mackormoses on January 25, 2009, 01:35:24 AM
Quote from: Jono2 on January 25, 2009, 01:33:45 AM
k, wait

You can, but you probably shouldn't in that regard. Showing any pm I send you to another user is a problem. Just because you say you are a doctor is one thing, but it does not prove a thing. I'm fine with that. Revealing the exact pm I sent, though, does pose a problem (as others were).

However, upon death, roles will not be revealed this time.

Also, a completely brand new role is in this one, if not more.

alright, cool.

then again, showing exact PMs doesn't really prove anything.  at this point, anyone who has played in all three games could imitate how you send PMs.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

THEBIRD

Plus people don't want to be accidently sharing with their enemies. Otherwise they could get bit/voted for death.

The Riddler

So it's been a while since I've been around, I'm up to pace with the posts so far. I do wanna know, though, do the discussions generally happen in chat or here? Or is it evenly spread between the two? I know I wanna be wherever it's more active.