News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Board Suggestion Thread

Started by Macawmoses, December 13, 2008, 02:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

.:DL:.

I'm all for the idea of tourneys and such as that might breath some life.

And the matter of OLF could work out because, as mentioned, NS2 is out of our league.

Hopefully something happens before this board dies out. =\

HTA!

Quote from: mackormoses on December 14, 2008, 06:01:17 PM
Quote from: HTA on December 14, 2008, 09:13:39 AM
Quote from: Java_Java on December 14, 2008, 07:52:51 AM
Quote from: HTA on December 13, 2008, 10:55:57 PM
Having a board for one game in the first place came with an expiration date.

We tried inter forum tourneys before and they didn't work... but I'm all for trying again.

Really... we need to either drop the board altogether or import more members.
Its still the most active game specific board to the best of my knowledge... but that's not enough.

Get an active ladder, ask OLF to participate in said ladder... or look for a forum merge.  ::)
Technically, this board is about the Smash franchise, not just Brawl.
Every thread is about Brawl.
It's safe to say that this is the Brawl board. D:
Well, perhaps it's time we start developing the Meta Game of specific characters, as a board?

Good idea.
We could devote a thread to specific character testing... and every week get a new character to test.

Guys... NS2 is only out of our league because of its number of members.
Not everyone there is that good. :|

Matt

Quote from: HTA on December 15, 2008, 04:43:19 PM
Quote from: mackormoses on December 14, 2008, 06:01:17 PM

We tried inter forum tourneys before and they didn't work... but I'm all for trying again.

Its still the most active game specific board to the best of my knowledge... but that's not enough.

Get an active ladder, ask OLF to participate in said ladder... or look for a forum merge.  ::)
Well, perhaps it's time we start developing the Meta Game of specific characters, as a board?
Guys... NS2 is only out of our league because of its number of members.
Not everyone there is that good. :|

this

Neerb

I think we should have an "Event Match of the Week" thread.  Suggestions are sent in each week for a user-created event match (submission form includes title, story/summary, characters used, colors, type of match, items, stage, CPU and handicap levels, etc.), then on Sunday whoever's in charge of the thread posts the selected event match for others to attempt.  Top scores, times, etc. are sent in and recorded in the appropriate section of the thread.  MAYBE we could eventually have a prize for each week's winner.  Maybe there could even be Event Matches requiring multiple players, thereby allowing co-op via Wi-Fi.  I think it would definitely liven things up around here, rather than just the same old tourney after tourney. 

Java

Yeah I knew what you were saying, I was just saying TECHNICALLY this is a board for the whole franchise.

So yeah we get each other.

HTA!

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on December 16, 2008, 12:05:58 PM
I think we should have an "Event Match of the Week" thread.  Suggestions are sent in each week for a user-created event match (submission form includes title, story/summary, characters used, colors, type of match, items, stage, CPU and handicap levels, etc.), then on Sunday whoever's in charge of the thread posts the selected event match for others to attempt.  Top scores, times, etc. are sent in and recorded in the appropriate section of the thread.  MAYBE we could eventually have a prize for each week's winner.  Maybe there could even be Event Matches requiring multiple players, thereby allowing co-op via Wi-Fi.  I think it would definitely liven things up around here, rather than just the same old tourney after tourney. 
I did that... quite a while ago.
But its less fun in Brawl than you would expect. :(

FruitFlow

Quote from: HTA on December 16, 2008, 04:17:23 PM
I did that too. And an endurance challenge.
The both of us were going to combine our threads together, but I don't think it was the right time for it.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Neerb

Quote from: SSBBRAWLIN on December 16, 2008, 05:16:42 PM
Quote from: HTA on December 16, 2008, 04:17:23 PM
I did that too. And an endurance challenge.
The both of us were going to combine our threads together, but I don't think it was the right time for it.

*Checks
You made that back in April, back when everyone had just gotten the game and fighting online was the only big thing.  Maybe now it would work.