<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Death Metal Anyone?

Started by tibar21, August 22, 2008, 09:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metalbott

Quote from: Beatnik on November 17, 2008, 01:26:35 PM
Hypocrisy is fun, isn't it?

Eh, it's just Tibar is criticizing all he can. I have no problem with people who choose to listen to those bands, but he's calling death metal stupid. A whole genre. Not just that, but he says it's talentless. He then is also criticizing those who listen to pop.

He points out the main stream bands and "talentless" bands are crap. Then he turns around and listens to simple plan. If he's into that fine. Personally, I dislike nasally songs with lyrics aimed at 15 year old girls. And simple plan are a huge band.

I just think criticizing whole genres is pointless.

tibar21

Quote from: Metalbott on November 16, 2008, 01:12:20 PM
Quote from: tibar21 on November 15, 2008, 09:18:31 PM
Quote from: Java_Java on November 14, 2008, 10:39:40 PM
How can you possibly say that people are smarter now a days when there is a genocide clearly going on in Sudan?

that's not what I mean. I meant that civilized people are getting more knowledgable. Schools are much more advanced nowadays and people are inventing more things. That nakes it perfectly logical to think that normal people cam whats good and not good. Humans aren't stupid, they're just lazy and inconsiderate about not trashing the earth.

The fact that Americas epidemic is obesity proves you wrong.

And, honestly, you like f***ing Sum 41 and Yellowcard. Post punk s***. You claim to have your own taste in music. Do you have any idea how mainstream those bands are?

Repetitive riffs and whiny voices. And then you say "I criticize other music because it makes me feel good". How narcissistic. Get a f***ing clue.
now you're the one without a clue. Yellowcard is mainstream pop-punk but Sum 41 isn't; people who actually know them describe them as alternative punk and street metal.According to MetalBot their a mainstream pop band. They were only mainstream in their last album. Just because any band isn't f*ckin death metal doesn't mean that they're mainstream. At least my taste of musice is somewhat diversed, and I like more than one subgenre. I like music from The Killers to hardcore punk like Black Flag and The Dead Kennedys. Then I listen to some bands like Simple Plan, The All-American Rejects, and Yellowcard. Then I listen to all kinds of bands like AFI, Alkaline Trio, Bowling For Soup, blink-182, Green Day, Good Charlotte, The Offspring,
Goldfinger, Jimmy Eat World, Mxpx, NOFX, Pennywise, The Ramones, Smashing Pumpkins, Weezer, so many more, that was just off the top of my head.

I never criticized pop, I just said that that's what most people choose to listen too, because most people don't really have their own taste of music, they just listen to what's on the radio.

Face it death metal is very unpopular because even most musicians think it sucks. that's right. even the people that know music think its attrocious.
its the hardest music out there to play (in terms of guitar/bass and drums), but for whatever reason it doesn't sound good to most music listeners.

And don't tell me that it takes a boatload of talent to scream at the top of your lungs accompinied by instruments. My little brother could be a death metal vocalist. You don't even need a good voice to be a death metal vocalist. If they actually did some decent singing the genre would be pretty good, but then again it wouldn't be death metal, so whatever.
You can listen to whatever music you want, I won't make fun of you for it, but I'll still keep my opinion of the music itself.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

metroidhunter777

Quote from: tibar21 on November 20, 2008, 03:13:05 PM
now you're the one without a clue. Yellowcard is mainstream pop-punk but Sum 41 isn't; people who actually know them describe them as alternative punk and street metal.According to MetalBot their a mainstream pop band. They were only mainstream in their last album. Just because any band isn't f*ckin death metal doesn't mean that they're mainstream. At least my taste of musice is somewhat diversed, and I like more than one subgenre. I like music from The Killers to hardcore punk like Black Flag and The Dead Kennedys. Then I listen to some bands like Simple Plan, The All-American Rejects, and Yellowcard. Then I listen to all kinds of bands like AFI, Alkaline Trio, Bowling For Soup, blink-182, Green Day, Good Charlotte, The Offspring,
Goldfinger, Jimmy Eat World, Mxpx, NOFX, Pennywise, The Ramones, Smashing Pumpkins, Weezer, so many more, that was just off the top of my head.

I never criticized pop, I just said that that's what most people choose to listen too, because most people don't really have their own taste of music, they just listen to what's on the radio.

Face it death metal is very unpopular because even most musicians think it sucks. that's right. even the people that know music think its attrocious.
its the hardest music out there to play (in terms of guitar/bass and drums), but for whatever reason it doesn't sound good to most music listeners.

And don't tell me that it takes a boatload of talent to scream at the top of your lungs accompinied by instruments. My little brother could be a death metal vocalist. You don't even need a good voice to be a death metal vocalist. If they actually did some decent singing the genre would be pretty good, but then again it wouldn't be death metal, so whatever.
You can listen to whatever music you want, I won't make fun of you for it, but I'll still keep my opinion of the music itself.

Well, with your first paragraph, you shot yourself in the foot there. I've heard of all of those bands, and I don't listen to punk... I myself don't even remotely like today's punk music, or at least what my friend listens to, it's just... no.

It's a very unpopular genre of music. And, from most standpoints, although most musicians don't like it, it's hard to say there isn't decent musicianship in there, musical technicality for one, and the entire lack of being mainstream brings the whole "sell-out" thing out of the picture.

For the last paragraph there, you can't bash it until you try it. No matter how good of a death metal singer you think you could be, there are people who are paid to scream. There is very little music in the vocals part, but they have all the trouble of lyrics... and making sure they don't scream themselves out, which is what happened with the Avenged Sevenfold singer, M. Shadows, is it? He experienced vocal troubles due to the screaming, and had to stop, and then they came out with their more recent albums, which are much more mainstream. So there's at least some difficulty there...

And, again, I'm not defending it. I can't stand it myself. I'm just kinda proving exactly how weak your argument here is...

HTA!

"Face it death metal is very unpopular because even most musicians think it sucks. that's right. even the people that know music think its attrocious.
its the hardest music out there to play (in terms of guitar/bass and drums), but for whatever reason it doesn't sound good to most music listeners."

D:
Nice imaginary figures there pal.

How bout I go off and say that every person on the planet thinks Blink-182 sucks ass?
Not a valid argument eh?

Criticizing music is almost as laughable as defending it.
For God's sake if you think its bad, drop it.
But If there are still songs being made, then the genre does not suck.
It just doesn't appeal to you... it obviously appeals to someone though. D:

And really, take no offense when I say all the bands you mentioned are either sell-outs, pansies, or flat out music killers.
I half expected Jonas Brothers to be in there...

Really, you should commend Death Metal bands... at least we know they are in it for love of the music and not the money or fame...

Metalbott

Quote from: Metalbott on November 16, 2008, 01:12:20 PM
Quote from: tibar21 on November 15, 2008, 09:18:31 PM
Quote from: Java_Java on November 14, 2008, 10:39:40 PM
How can you possibly say that people are smarter now a days when there is a genocide clearly going on in Sudan?

that's not what I mean. I meant that civilized people are getting more knowledgable. Schools are much more advanced nowadays and people are inventing more things. That nakes it perfectly logical to think that normal people cam whats good and not good. Humans aren't stupid, they're just lazy and inconsiderate about not trashing the earth.

The fact that Americas epidemic is obesity proves you wrong.

And, honestly, you like f***ing Sum 41 and Yellowcard. Post punk s***. You claim to have your own taste in music. Do you have any idea how mainstream those bands are?

Repetitive riffs and whiny voices. And then you say "I criticize other music because it makes me feel good". How narcissistic. Get a f***ing clue.

Had you listened to any videos I sent you, you would have seen that many death metal vocalists are classically trained, and sing cleanly as well as distorted. I suggest you listen to them...open your mind.

I love many other genres and musicians as well. I know many underground bands that aren't diverse. You jump to the conclusion that I only like death metal? That's a bit laughable. Honestly though, every band you mentioned is very famous.

http://www.last.fm/user/Edible-Teeth

There. Take a look at my profile if you want to see some other favorite bands of mine.

The people who know music? Examples?

For some reason, you seem to think music being unpopular makes it bad. That's a terrible mindset. At least the lower down the charts you go, the more heart you seem to find.

tibar21

Quote from: HTA on November 20, 2008, 07:52:41 PM
"Face it death metal is very unpopular because even most musicians think it sucks. that's right. even the people that know music think its attrocious.
its the hardest music out there to play (in terms of guitar/bass and drums), but for whatever reason it doesn't sound good to most music listeners."

D:

How bout I go off and say that every person on the planet thinks Blink-182 sucks ass?
Not a valid argument eh?

And really, take no offense when I say all the bands you mentioned are either sell-outs, pansies, or flat out music killers.

Really, you should commend Death Metal bands... at least we know they are in it for love of the music and not the money or fame...

sure Good Charlotte and AFI are somewhat of sellouts, but pansies and music killers?
And why would you expect the Jonas Brothers to be there fitting in with Dead Kennedys and Black Flag and the Offspring. that was the most retarded statement I've heard in a very long time.
yeah I respect anyone a lot that cares more about the music than the money, but you don't have to prove by playing a genre most people don't like. You could be a pop artist or a rapper and still be in it for the music more than anything else. Obviously there's always going to be bands that sellout but look at Sum 41, when they're on tour they play gigs on most days of the week. Not to mention they're very enthusiastic and get the crowd into it.

Metalbott

Quote from: tibar21 on December 02, 2008, 04:03:15 PM

D:

Not a valid argument eh?

sure Good Charlotte and AFI are somewhat of sellouts, but pansies and music killers?
And why would you expect the Jonas Brothers to be there fitting in with Dead Kennedys and Black Flag and the Offspring. that was the most retarded statement I've heard in a very long time.
yeah I respect anyone a lot that cares more about the music than the money, but you don't have to prove by playing a genre most people don't like. You could be a pop artist or a rapper and still be in it for the music more than anything else. Obviously there's always going to be bands that sellout but look at Sum 41, when they're on tour they play gigs on most days of the week. Not to mention they're very enthusiastic and get the crowd into it.

WOW. Almost every respectable artist does that.

There not trying to prove anything, there playing what they want.

Blah, blah...

tibar21

Quote from: Metalbott on December 02, 2008, 09:18:35 PM

D:

Not a valid argument eh?

Blah, blah...

i mean they usually take only 2 days off during the week on tour.

Metalbott

Quote from: tibar21 on December 09, 2008, 07:31:57 AM
Quote from: Metalbott on December 02, 2008, 09:18:35 PM

D:

Not a valid argument eh?

Blah, blah...

i mean they usually take only 2 days off during the week on tour.

So?

Most death metal bands don't take any.

Ron

Whoagh whoagh whoagh, i heard Sum 41 mentioned. Who's dissing my favorite band?

Click me ^

Beatnik

I am, for one. You coudln't pay me to listen to Sum 41.

Also, the word is "whoa."

now you're the one without a clue. Yellowcard is mainstream pop-punk but Sum 41 isn't; people who actually know them describe them as alternative punk and street metal. According to MetalBot their a mainstream pop band. They were only mainstream in their last album. Just because any band isn't f*ckin death metal doesn't mean that they're mainstream.

I laughed out loud at this segment. Sum 41 is one of the most generic soft-core punk bands out there, and I haven't ever met somebody older than 15 who thinks they're a decent band. You seem to talk about "people who actually know music" a lot, which I suspect is your attempt of adding validity to your otherwise invalid arguments. Sum 41 has been mainstream practically since the beginning. I love how you pretend that these bands that are listened to by billions of people are somehow unique and individual.

Also, "street metal" is not a real genre.

At least my taste of musice is somewhat diversed, and I like more than one subgenre. I like music from The Killers to hardcore punk like Black Flag and The Dead Kennedys. Then I listen to some bands like Simple Plan, The All-American Rejects, and Yellowcard. Then I listen to all kinds of bands like AFI, Alkaline Trio, Bowling For Soup, blink-182, Green Day, Good Charlotte, The Offspring, Goldfinger, Jimmy Eat World, Mxpx, NOFX, Pennywise, The Ramones, Smashing Pumpkins, Weezer, so many more, that was just off the top of my head.

First of all, Diversed is not a word. You say you listen to more than one "sub-genre," but you're still mostly in the same genre. Fuck your assumptions that death metal fans only listen to death metal. If you want an example of eclectic musical taste, I'm a good example. I listen to everything from Beethoven, Atheist; The Mamas and The Papas; Burzum; Richard Wagner; The Kinks; Devo; Billie Holiday; and unline you, bands that nobody here has ever heard of.

Good sir, the music you listen to is also radio-friendly sugar coated garbage. You're nobody to judge the people who listen to Coldplay or Beyonce or whatever. Your music is just the same; created soley for profit. Nothing more, nothing less.

You're right, most mustic listeners can't stand death metal. Many would rather be trapped in a room with a rabid raccoon. The part you fail to understand is that they're not trying to make most people like them. They're not trying to impress these nonexistant "musicians who know music" you constantly reference. They're trying to play the music they want to play, and in that sense, it is purely art for the sake of art.

If you, your little brother, or anybody else you know can do death metal vocals better than Corpsegrinder from Cannibal Corpse, I will give you the code to a $50 iTunes gift card. I'm not intercourse ing with you. Do it, and it's yours to spend on whatever flavor of the month band you're into this week.

PM me if you're interested.
"I like cigarettes, Mrs. Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind-and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression..."

Chloroform?

At least my taste of musice is somewhat diversed, and I like more than one subgenre. I like music from The Killers to hardcore punk like Black Flag and The Dead Kennedys. Then I listen to some bands like Simple Plan, The All-American Rejects, and Yellowcard. Then I listen to all kinds of bands like AFI, Alkaline Trio, Bowling For Soup, blink-182, Green Day, Good Charlotte, The Offspring,

Uh... that's not a very diverse group of bands. Most of those are pop-punk and alternative.

Ron

How can you call Sum 41 mainstream? Besides possibly Fat Lip and In Too Deep, they've barely ever released anything close to Mainstream. Besides, what is Mainstream anyway? If Death Metal was actually LIKED, it would be considered Mainstream as well, but see most people would rather cut their eyes out than listen to that garbage. Without a lyrical value, Music is just sound...and if you can't understand what the people are even "singing" (Or should i say, screaming), then what's the point? Might as well band a bunch of drums together and make as many disturbing noises as possible.

I'm not even saying that I am a huge fan of most of the top music these days, since way too much of it is rap, and the lyrics are garbage...

People like what they like. I can understand why people could like all of the different genres...Except for Death Metal. I mean, seriously?

Click me ^

Beatnik

Wow, you're like a parody of yourself.

Alright, with Tibar I felt like I could have an intelligent debate, but I'm not doing this dance with you untill you can actually make some solid arguments.
"I like cigarettes, Mrs. Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind-and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression..."

Ron

Not looking for an argument, just implementing my point of view into the conversation...carry on with the nonsense that you were posting before.

Click me ^