News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

How much is music a part of your life?

Started by Eizweir, January 12, 2009, 04:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eizweir

I honestly believe that if I was able to listen to my preffered music all the time, my life would come into a completely new light.  Maybe some of you saw my post about emotion in music in HTA's thread about song lyrics, not only are they sung with emotion but too me it can transmit emotion and change how I'm feeling just by listening to a song.
    I'm learning to play the guitar, to be able to make my own music would be amazing.

So how much is music a part of your life?  Are you a part of the music, or do you jst listen to it?  Does it effect how your life progresses?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Zovistograt

I always have an electronic beat in my head.  I randomly break out beatboxing or dancing in odd situations.  I listen to electronic music constantly while at home and at other places, too.

It's a large part of my life.  I live to it.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

ThePowerOfOne

HUGE part of my life. Especially since i'm going to school to be an entertainer now. It can change my whole mood, and its awesome to write and sing your own music. I always have a song in my head and am usually quietly singing it to myself :P

Beatnik

Without music, my life would be a sad, soulless charade.
"I like cigarettes, Mrs. Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind-and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression..."

tibar21

Quote from: Beatnik on January 12, 2009, 06:44:52 PM
Without music, my life would be a sad, soulless charade.
same here. I have gotten pretty good at guitar and find new music to listen to all the time. A word of advice to beginner guitarists: don't give up. that's what most people do after trying to play for a couple months. play at least like 45 minutes every day. I'd be nothing without music.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

Level_9_Chao

All I do is write songs... It's something fun, meaningful, and who knows, it could go somewhere. >.>

Concerts are amazing. Singing along with friends is amazing. It's just fun.
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

Mystic

metroidhunter777

Music is life, srsly. Almost everything I do revolves around it. I <3 it so much... :3

Super

Music isn't life. You don't see trumpets and oboes walking around everywhere playing card games and causing war.

But music makes life better.

It gets your mind off of other poop.

Talim

It depends....sometimes I can live without listening to music while at school..but, a few weeks ago I forgot my iPod at home and I couldn't function at all that day. I was actually depressed that whole day at school without my music. D:

metroidhunter777

Quote from: SUPERKOOL on January 18, 2009, 04:11:48 PM
Music isn't life. You don't see trumpets and oboes walking around everywhere playing card games and causing war.

But music makes life better.

It gets your mind off of other poop.

That's precisely what I mean, though. Music is like a life away from life. It gives you a chance to escape it all and go to your own creative place, away from your troubles and whatever the intercourse  is going on with your own nation... some people use that creativity to criticize whatever the intercourse  their nation is doing or to talk about their troubles. :p Of course, you obviously still have to live life, but...

Zovistograt

Quote from: SUPERKOOL on January 18, 2009, 04:11:48 PM
The world would be more entertaining that way though.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Indigo

A large part of my life, music is my muse, beauty, a practical empowerment to me that can entertain me and make me happy. It's a bringer of euphoria and happiness that spreads through me relieving me from stress and filling my body with good.

I absolutely adore music.

Kaz

Music and poetry, along with my girlfriend, dominate my life.

So yeah, we'll say that music is 1/3 of it. I know too much for my own good about rock music.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.