News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

The Official Creation Gallery

Started by Ness, September 24, 2007, 03:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trini

Quote from: sebastian on October 08, 2007, 01:01:35 PM

I tried using a more plain font in this one, which I normally don't do. Tell me what you guys think about it.
I'm not feelin this one. I don't like how many black spots there are. And I think the text sticks out too much.

As some of you may know, I'm going through a sprite obsession. I tried some different things this time. Instead of bombing C4d's on there. I decided to add a little bit at a time, to a stock and sprite and see what comes out. C&C would be sweet.

Dill

Quote from: Trini on October 08, 2007, 04:34:26 PM

I tried using a more plain font in this one, which I normally don't do. Tell me what you guys think about it.
I'm not feelin this one. I don't like how many black spots there are. And I think the text sticks out too much.

Indeed. When I made the background, it frustrated me that I couldn't get very far without a ton of blackness. As for the text, I tried doing a green to black gradient, but I don't know what went wrong with that. Oh wait, now I remember, when I set the gradient overlay style, I forgot to set the gradient from transparent to black. Instead, it was white to black. And since I had the opacity lowered, you can still see a smidgen of green. I should fix that.

Tao Atlas

The background is just..really, really chaotic. I don't see any focal points, depth, lighting (Although the entire background is overly bright), or flow. And the large black blobs..I can see what you were going for on the edges, but in the center, on the render no less? Just doesn't look very good.

EDIT: Whats up with the red spot over there with the text? o.0

EDIT 2: If someone wouldn't mind, I'd like some C+C on this.

tlgy

atlas, bit simpisitc on color, text is a bit of a challenge to read, and depth could be added, but i like otherwise

Mehhht

Which is the best out of these 5? Comments would be cool too :D
---

---

---

---

---

Matt

@mehhht, out of all five, third and fourth one id say are the best, third good lighting and effect, and fourth is overall a great tag, text is downed right, effects work nicely. On the others they are good but, the effect seem random in some places and messy.

Tao Atlas

The fourth. At least it LOOKS like it has some flow. And why did you forge all the lighting? Geez. They all lack depth, flow('Cept for the aforementioned one), and any..decent lighting. I also don't understand what would possibly compel you to use the gradient like you did, because having one side one color, and the other another looks really tacky.

Read some tuts man.

Nine 1 One

MEHT U ARE GREAT POST UR SLINGSHOT ONE HERE IF U HAVENT YET     yayz caps

Mehhht

Haha, thanks for the tips Atlas. The reason I use two gradients for colors is because when I don't everything seems to look monotone...at least that's what everyone tells me.

But I've only gotten good comments on the 3rd one about the color blending, you're the only one who thinks it sucks....

Thanks for all the comments.

Tao Atlas

Try using some C4D effects without removing the color, maybe that'll help. Remember, Gradients for color is a n00b technique.

Matt

Quote from: Tao Atlas on October 12, 2007, 08:37:14 PM
Try using some C4D effects without removing the color, maybe that'll help. Remember, Gradients for color is a n00b technique.

Not rly, its can be useful... at times, but not all the time.

Matt

C+C newest thing that i might trash depending if what you think of it. Cause i already dislike it.

Tao Atlas

'Eh..my main complaint with this one is the render. Not to mention I'd like to use a more snowy stock like my old Fefnir Tag, since I was originally going to use the text 'Melting Point'. But meh. I had to cut the render from the Ryusei 2 web page since there isn't one like it anywhere else <_<;

Matt

Quote from: Tao Atlas on October 13, 2007, 01:22:11 AM

'Eh..my main complaint with this one is the render. Not to mention I'd like to use a more snowy stock like my old Fefnir Tag, since I was originally going to use the text 'Melting Point'. But meh. I had to cut the render from the Ryusei 2 web page since there isn't one like it anywhere else <_<;

I tend to like fiery feel to it, but dont really like the text.

Mehhht

Uhhh I tried listening to tips about color, but I can't really seem to get it down. This is what I came up with?

What do you think I should do?