News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

My Dreamcast came in the mail today!

Started by Lotos, June 12, 2010, 01:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotos

Two controllers, an AV cable, an AC cable, and a Dreacast.  I've been burning games that I've downloaded.  So far, all of them I've burned worked.

The first game I tried was Half-Life.  It was hard to get used to the controls (I don't think I'm even used to them yet), but I now want to buy the PC release.

KAO the Kangaroo looked kiddy, but from the five minutes I've played with it, I think that I'll potentially enjoy it.  The thing I dislike about the game is that he can't run;  I think you have to hold down the jump button to get him to hop (like a kangaroo) so he moves more efficiently.  I'm bad with judging the camera angles with this game and Half-Life.  D:

Ikaruga was a NTSC-J game which played fine on the system (NTSC-U I think?).  I was very impressed at that game.  If I can find a copy for either the DC or the Gamecube, I'll be sure to pick it up.

OK, I need to buy a VMU.  Should I splurge and get the black $15 one or the blue $8 one? (I know I can get it for less but I'm unfamiliar with Amazon, and my mom says that shipping costs more when buying from a third party vendor -- I have a $30 gift card to Amazon and can't go over)

Tupin

There's one used under the Black one for $2.75 plus $3.97 shipping.

Half-Life plays better with the keyboard and mouse, both of which are Dreamcast peripherals. Never played Kao, and I think Gamestop is selling Ikaruga on the GCN for $20 now online.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Jayat

Click here to level up my card!

Wii 8713-9036-0212-2272

Lotos

Quote from: Tupin on June 12, 2010, 06:13:31 PM
There's one used under the Black one for $2.75 plus $3.97 shipping.

So the gift card will cover individual sellers too?  Awesome.

Tupin

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Lotos

Quote from: Tupin on June 21, 2010, 01:13:38 PM
Did you get the VMU?

Just came in the mail from Amazon today :3  It's the transparent blue one, but it was factory sealed.

Turok

Quote from: Lotos on June 21, 2010, 05:45:00 PM
Just came in the mail from Amazon today :3  It's the transparent blue one, but it was factory sealed.
Imma coming to your house, taking yours, & replacing it with my bland white one.

Beware, Half-Life (and PSO v2 if you get it) burn out the DCs drive faster than a hummer eats gas. My last one got to the point where it would only boot GD-ROMs, and stopped even recognizing that there was anything in the drive when I tried burned games. lol, didn't load everything either. Floor missing in Shenmue, sprites & HUD in SF3...

also, you better have burned Jet Grind Radio by now, if not, I have the best copy of it, I could send you the link to if need be.

[spoiler]
QuoteSo is it Capcom JPN or US screwing the PC release over? Both?
QuoteNUKE THEM FROM ORBIT, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE

PC GAMERS

If you don't give us what we want, we'll nuke you from orbit.
[/spoiler]

Rayquarian

Lotos

Quote from: Rayquarian on July 16, 2010, 01:59:38 PM
Where'd you get a Dreamcast from?

eBay.  It was about $20.  Came with two controllers, the power, and AV cords.

Lotos

Quote from: Turok on July 15, 2010, 10:37:57 PM
Imma coming to your house, taking yours, & replacing it with my bland white one.
You can buy one for like $8 on Amazon.  I say $8 because the 3rd party sellers seem to like to charge more for the shipping than the item itself (I assume for the same reasons why they do this on eBay).