News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

SSBB Pros

Started by Jayat, July 13, 2010, 11:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayat

I just had a run in with this somewhat pro on http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=190&p=783394#p783394 and he kick my butt I'm not going to lie to ya. I have to say that I fell a little shamed but I still want to fight.

Click here to level up my card!

Wii 8713-9036-0212-2272

Dawei

I'm not sure which person you're referring to specifically, but I've never heard of anyone on that page so none of them could really be that good. Not to say they're garbage players, but they're all mid-level at best.

As far as meeting pros and stuff, in June of 09 I had to play DSF in a tournament, back when he was still more or less best on the west coast, a month later I had Havok and Chaz in my Genesis pools. In around September of that year I also got to meet X, who I'd known for awhile online, but never met in real life. Then back in March of this year I hung out with Atomsk for 2 days, and then in May I stayed at Tearbear's house who's ranked 4th in SoCal right now  (Stauffy was there with us as well(he's best Lucario in WC, probably top 3 in US)) and I got a ride from Havok to a tournament. Just last month I got to hang out with Havok, Mikehaze, and Mew2king, and housed Mew2king for a day. Not to mention I've talked with more pros than you can count online. And that's not even counting the melee pros that I know. So I guess I've interacted with a lot of top players in my day.

Jayat

This guy calls himself NEpro and he uses snake and kills with him.

PS. do you know anybody who can show me how to play with olimar or give me some tips or tricks

Wii 8713-9036-0212-2272

Dawei

Quote from: Jayat on July 14, 2010, 08:54:04 PM
This guy calls himself NEpro and he uses snake and kills with him.

PS. do you know anybody who can show me how to play with olimar or give me some tips or tricks
Hmm. There is a chance he could be a guy named Mikeray, in which case, he's definitely a good player. He's not a big professional or anything, but he's good none the less.

Either way, I have a semi-competent Olimar. It's enough to get by I guess.

Jayat

I did a you-tube search and that name popes up so I  guess that might be him. I've been online all day so turn on your wii

Wii 8713-9036-0212-2272

Jayat

So how many flaws did you see

Wii 8713-9036-0212-2272

Dawei

Quote from: Jayat on July 14, 2010, 10:27:39 PM
So how many flaws did you see

Seeing as this is off topic, I'll post a write-up of sorts for you in the wifi thread.

tibar21

i've never been to an offline tournament yet, i was actually gonna go to one in jersey today but i didn't have a ride. i don't know any pros personally. i have a friend who knows a few though.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

Dawei

Quote from: Nik on July 17, 2010, 08:23:20 PM
i've never been to an offline tournament yet, i was actually gonna go to one in jersey today but i didn't have a ride. i don't know any pros personally. i have a friend who knows a few though.

You live in New Jersey? Haha, you'll meet plenty of pros in New Jersey. Amazing scene there.

Cornwad

I played Overswarm once. He was pretty good I guess.

Depster

I talked with Ally and Dojo a little at the last tourney I was at.  I played Le Thien in brackets, one of the more well known diddys in the nation.  I played some awesome Yoshi dittos with Bwett at my first tourney.

Brawl Code: 3050-7249-4136    Message me yours!

tibar21

Quote from: Dawei on July 18, 2010, 07:53:52 PM
You live in New Jersey? Haha, you'll meet plenty of pros in New Jersey. Amazing scene there.
actually, i live in the philladelphia area. but i met a bunch of the best smashers in PA. I met Vex, MIB, Xzax, and saw Squal beat Inui. I played Zucco's Lucario once (i'm not gonna lie he 2 stocked me). But anyway, the Philladelphia are has a really good offline scene.

Dawei

Oh yeah, PA's got a pretty good scene. I've never really talked to anyone from PA, but a good friend of mine is going to be staying with Chibo for a week next month to go to a few tournaments.

tibar21

Yup, I've heard about Chibo but he wasn't at the little tournament i went to. My friend apparently played him online once though.