News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Pokemon board has stolen Smash Board's stuff.

Started by SkyMyl, August 05, 2010, 02:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyMyl

Goddangit, you Pokefags. So obsessed with the new games that aren't worth wasting time speculating over. It disgusts me how any of you can complain, ninny, and rarely orgasm over the new announcements. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

I apologize. I'm in a bit of an anti-Pokemon mood right now. To get a better topic going, let's talk about Brawl. Who here still plays Brawl, even occasionally? I've fallen out of it a bit, and haven't played it for weeks. I haven't been in a Smashing mood lately.

So yeah, any of you guys still play Brawl?

Cornwad

Brawl? Was that that game that let you play as Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, and a Pokemon Trainer?

Nayrman

I rarely play Brawl anymore. I fell out of this game fast to be honest, Melee just had a lot more staying power. I played that game the entirety of the gamecube generation. Seriously, Brawl just feels underwhelming with the exception of the soundtrack.

Can't wait for Smash 4 though, as hopefully someone besides Sakurai will make it and actually try to cater to the "hardcore" gamers, as they're the only ones actually playing it competitively, at least try to make THEM happy Nintendo...

SkyMyl

Quote from: Cornwad on August 05, 2010, 02:37:28 PM
Brawl? Was that that game that let you play as Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, and a Pokemon Trainer?
No, that was Smash Bros for the Nokia N-Gage.

Also, the inevitable counterpart topic to this one.

DededeCloneChris

I play the game most of the time. I'm probably the only one who plays to take Snapshots.

StarWindWizard7

I play Smash every single day. I always go online and go under Team battle.

In todays world, the players aren't hard at all.
Either they are complete idiots, N00B's, Idlers, or Players who wants to just play around.

From what I have experience, I'll tell you the difference between each.

Idiots- Are Reasonably Low playing Smashers. They make idiotic mistakes, not using common sense. Like picking up an capsule for example and instead of throwing it away or UP, they throw it down.... it goes "BOOM" and they die. Or in a Final Death Match, instead of Smashing the other person away (thus equaling a win, when they Easily have the chance), they get a bomb "Link" and blow themselves up with it by throwing at the ground/themselves. Or they get a Pokeball and Throw it Off the Stage when it could of been used to help (especially if they've been Dieing a Lot).

N00b's- Fail in general, especially in recovery or Side special attacks. A N00B would use Fox's Fantasim (or what ever you call it) and Dash right off the stage, Twice! *face palms*

Idlers- Are those who aren't there. In team battle I run into a person who's just not there. Personally I don't attack that person if I'm against them. I move them over to the edge and I just stand there. Usually MY partner fights the other guy who's moving around.
I hate it being 2 on 1. It's just not fun.... (hate it when they double team me though and my partner is idle). -_-

Players who want to play around- They crouch multiple times or they keep posing. Mostly these players are in "Free for all". If I run across a person like this in team battle, I won't attack them, I'll just watch my partner and the other person fight most of the time. But if I'm in a mood to really fight, I'll just up and quit the situation and search for another fight.
Not that much of a big deal. I have had a lot of fun :D

At this time of the year, you'd think these ...bad "traits" that these players would do would go away around this time. I can understand it if this was around January-April, but Dang........

Smashers were harder to fight YEARS AGO compared to now. I feel like I'm fighting With Or Against 9 year old's............................................which is no fun to me at all. :(

Still have connection troubles with Smash/Wi Fi. You'd think after this time it'd be fix or SOMETHING, but Nintendo really doesn't care about Smash in general anymore anyway...

Meh, I'll still play it................ I will never drop/abandon my Smashing Spirit.

Depster

Brawl Code: 3050-7249-4136    Message me yours!

Dawei

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on August 06, 2010, 02:49:08 PM
Is that forum/site even active?
It's extremely active. Not as much as it was back in 2008, but it's still very active.

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Dawei on August 06, 2010, 08:20:09 PM
It's extremely active. Not as much as it was back in 2008, but it's still very active.
Mmmm... I see...
I checked it out...
Do they have a ranking system like Old Sider?
heheheh

Dawei

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on August 06, 2010, 09:35:29 PM
Mmmm... I see...
I checked it out...
Do they have a ranking system like Old Sider?
heheheh
Sort of. They've got a ranked ladder. Right now is the off-season which last for the rest of the month. It's not for money right now so things aren't too serious, but it's still ranked so you can get good practice.

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Dawei on August 07, 2010, 12:02:42 AM
Sort of. They've got a ranked ladder. Right now is the off-season which last for the rest of the month. It's not for money right now so things aren't too serious, but it's still ranked so you can get good practice.
That's not what I meant. :P
I'm not serious about Brawl THAT much. :D

Shujinco2

I, sadly, lost my disk. I missed playing Brawl.

tibar21

i play every day, & have friends i play with alot and we're all competitive. sometimes just to relax i'll go to online basic brawl and taunt party so im one of those people that crouches alot. Going to sudden death at hyrule helps u improve ur teching skills so there can be benefits. But im im definately into brawl more now than ive ever been.

btw i have an all is brawl account too. :)
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Nik on August 14, 2010, 10:32:14 PM
i play every day, & have friends i play with alot and we're all competitive. sometimes just to relax i'll go to online basic brawl and taunt party so im one of those people that crouches alot. Going to sudden death at hyrule helps u improve ur teching skills so there can be benefits. But im im definately into brawl more now than ive ever been.

btw i have an all is brawl account too. :)
Lol, what are the odds of us fighting each other in BB :D Who's the character you mostly use?

I mostly use White Marth or any character in white. :P