News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Power Suits

Started by SkyMyl, August 24, 2010, 11:05:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyMyl

Inspired by a discussion I had with my brother that lasted for two minutes, in turn giving the Metroid board another topic. What is your favorite Power Suit? Yes, the armor that Samus has worn in every one of her appearances. Which one do you think looks the best?

As in, Varia Suit (shoulder pads), Fusion Suit, just the Power Suit by itself, or the Dark Suit, just to name a few. It's pretty arbitrary to be asking this, but why not? Speaking of which, as different as it is, my favorite would be the Dark Suit.

Silverhawk79

I've always liked the Dark Suit. The plain Power Suit looks kind of...bland to me. Varia suit looks a bit better, but I prefer the color pallet of Dark Suit.

ThePowerOfOne

The Light Suit is hawt

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Phaze on August 24, 2010, 11:29:08 AM
The Light Suit is hawt
Oh yeah, I forgot about the Light Suit. It looks pretty nice too, but Dark Suit still trumps it.

SkyMyl

Quote from: Phaze on August 24, 2010, 11:29:08 AM
The Light Suit is hawt
I actually don't really like the Light Suit, especially when compared to the Dark Suit.

But hey, opinions.

ThePowerOfOne

The Dark Suit would be better if it weren't for those big ugly ring things on the shoulders, imo

I just think the Light Suit is very clean and sleek looking. Although the Phazon Suit is pretty badass, too.

Cornwad

Yeah, the Dark Suit looks really ugly and blocky, it's easily my least favorite. Phazon Suit and Light Suit are my favorites, but the Fusion Suit looks pretty cool too.

The Gravity Suit in Other M sucks. The Dark Suit is better than the Other M Gravity Suit.

Turok

Hmm, the light suit was amazing, but I had one problem with MP2 (3 as well). Generally, when Samus gets a new suit (A new model, not a new color, like Varia to Gravity) the arm cannon changes, yes? Power to Varia to Fusion it changes. (MP games not withstanding)

I can understand why Retro didn't make new arm cannons: time, resources, etc. But the old arm cannon on the sleek Light suit looked bad. Nitpicky? Maybe. Just an opinion.
[spoiler]Phazon suit is badass.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
QuoteSo is it Capcom JPN or US screwing the PC release over? Both?
QuoteNUKE THEM FROM ORBIT, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE

PC GAMERS

If you don't give us what we want, we'll nuke you from orbit.
[/spoiler]

Neerb

What's the green version suit she's wearing in what seems like the majority of the Other M footage? That looks pretty awesome. I also like the Fusion Suit, and wish they would make a game that takes place after Fusion already.

Also, I kind of wish that her standard appearance in Smash Bros was her Power Suit instead of Varia, since, you know, the Power Suit is her actual standard suit onto which all other suits upgrade.

Uh... Zero Suit. grr arrg

But probably the Gravity Suit from any other game but Other M
...̅̅̅

FruitFlow

Hazard Suit is awesome.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

ThePowerOfOne

Quote from: ElvenWonder on September 01, 2010, 08:33:51 PM
Hazard Suit is awesome.
Isn't it called the Hazard Shield? It's more of an upgrade, not really a suit.

FruitFlow

Quote from: Phaze on September 01, 2010, 08:44:20 PM
Isn't it called the Hazard Shield? It's more of an upgrade, not really a suit.
Oh, yeah.
You're right, lol.
I thought it was a suit.

In that case, I'll go with the Phazon Suit from Metroid Prime 1.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

The Seventh

Amongst my favorites include the Phazon Suit (mp1, really badass color scheme), PED suit (mp3, as you get more corrupted it begins to look cooler, and the Hazard Shield makes it even better), and the Dark Suit (neat variation) and light suit (similar to dark suit, neat variation)
meh

SkyMyl

You guys like the PED Suit? Really?