News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

LoZ: OoT - If it were me

Started by THEBIRD, January 01, 2008, 02:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THEBIRD

IF IT WERE ME

I decided to start this "fan fic" here, after people were doing it at the old NSiders. It wasn't exactly considered a fan fic, but that's what I'm considering it. In this story, my name is Jake. Now everything that happens is all based on whether I would be able to do it or not. If I can't flip, then I won't be able to flip in this story. This whole "experiment" is to figure out whether I would be able to do what Link does in the Ocarina of Time. The beginning is kind of slow, but it is always better in the dungeons.

THEBIRD

THEBIRD

Prologue
Stuck Between a Boulder and a Treasure Chest

I start out in my bed, shivering and dreaming. Suddenly, "Jake, get up!" is heard in the room. And next, a fairy is flying whizzing around me, yelling, "Hey! C'mon!" and "Can Hyrule's destiny really depend on such a lazy boy?". With a yawn, I crawl out of bed and look at my new fairy. Wow, I finally got a fairy! The excitement shoots through me and my tiredness creeps away. "You finally woke up! I'm Navi the fairy!" Navi said. She tells me that the Great Deku Tree summoned me and that we have to get going... now.

I'm excited, but also nervous. Anyway, I decide to get going. Once outside, I see Saria. She noticed my fairy and congratulated me. I let it spill that I had been summoned by the Great Deku Tree, as well. She told me she'd wait for me, so I set off again. Once I get to the entrance, I meet an unfriendly face... Mido. When I told him my news, his jealousy could not be hidden. "Whaaaat?" he kept stuttering. I gave him a smirk and tried to pass him, but he still had bad things to say about him. Apparently, he wouldn't let me in without a sword and shield.

I was angry by his comments, and stalked off. I didn't have time to listen to him finish making fun of me, I had to find a sword and shield quickly. I knew they sold shields at the shop, but I was short a lot of change... So, I decided to begin my day by looking under rocks and in nooks and cranny's for some spare rupees. My hike led me up a hillside in Kakariko Village. I found a small hole that I would be able to fit through, which I thought might house some money. So, I crawled inside.

The first thing I notice is a sign, which warned me to look where I was going. I shrugged and stepped into the open, only to find a boulder rolling down my path! With a yelp, I jumped back into the safety of the small closed in spot.

"Ah, so that's what that meant..." I thought out loud. I wasn't sure if I wanted to do this anymore. I mean, rupees weren't this important. But, I was curious of what the Great Deku Tree wanted, so I decided to continue my journey anyway with a new attitude of being careful and don't get squashed. I tried following the boulder through a thick section of grass, but then I got caught up in finding all the money hidden within the grass. Before I knew it, the boulder was coming back around! With a yell, I dove into another small nook. I managed to find even more money, though, so things were looking up.

Carefully, I followed the small dirt path up a hill. Before I knew it, I was looking at a treasure chest! And even better, it wasn't locked! I decided to open it, and inside was a sword. Talk about luck, eh? Now, I had to get out of here... I followed behind the boulder and dove back through the hole when I got a chance. With my sword and little more looking around, I came up with 50 rupees. But, would that be enough? I walked into the shop and asked how much the shield was.

"That'd be 40 rupees, Jake!" replied the manager. It was a small wooden shield, but it would have to do.

"I'll take it, then!" I exclaimed. That gave me 10 rupees to spare. Time to show Mido who's boss! I thought with a grin. I strutted up to Mido and showed off my newly equipped sword and shield for him. He could barely speak, he was reeking with jealous and rage.

"Good grief!" he shouted, but let me pass. "A wimp is still a wimp..." I heard him mutter as I shoved passed him. I didn't care, either way, I was going to find out what the Great Deku Tree wanted from me...

Light

That was a pretty good prologue, but it was a little short and lacked dialogue. And you might want to change the title, since I believe the abbreviation is OoT. ;)
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.