News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

The history of NSF

Started by …, November 17, 2007, 12:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

Not to mention he didn't give enough time for people to come to this forum. :| We HAD 1500 members.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

bluaki

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on November 17, 2007, 12:04:42 PM
1. September 17, 2007, the Nintendo Nsider Forums were shut down permanently, leaving thousands of Nsiders without anywhere to go. Fan sites popped up, including a site by Metroid_Fan! and various others.
HOLY SHIT THAT'S EXACTLY 2 MONTHS AGO
6. Snorkel finally finds a good server, and we realize that we need money. Starwindwizard7 very graciously donated $500(!!!) to pay for a full year of hosting, and we're in business. We (me, Snorkel, and Resident_Zoiberg) get the overall layout to roughly how it is now. We finally open!
Starwindwizard7 is the person who donated all the money? That's the first time I've heard that.

ME86

Who remembers my moderating? ^____________________________________________^

WiiGuy

wow thats a big story :O

Thanks
Quote from: Silverhawk79 on November 17, 2007, 12:04:42 PM
OKAY I'LL TELL THE FULL THING SINCE I MADE THE PLACE. >_>
Hold on, next post.
'Kay, maybe not.

1. September 17, 2007, the Nintendo Nsider Forums were shut down permanently, leaving thousands of Nsiders without anywhere to go. Fan sites popped up, including a site by Metroid_Fan! and various others.

2. Metroid_Fan! admins me for no real reason. I don't really complain. Things are good for a week or two, and all is well. I do notice that some of the rules on the site are ridiculous, but I can't change them too much.

3. Suddenly, after members begin complaining about M_F!'s style of admining, he goes berserk and locks nearly everything, and threatens to ban anyone who speaks out, including mods and admins, along with de-modding. I speak out, but don't get de-admined. I begin trying to ban M_F, but he's root admin, and I don't have permissions to ban him.

4. A user offered to get onto my account to hack through and ban M_F. I trust him, and let him do it. It works for a while, but he comes back and IP bans me for 100 years or so, and claims that I 'hacked' him, and that I was trying to take over the forums. Funny thing is, everyone was rooting for me to succeed. Oh well.

5. Dissatisfied with this nonsense, I use hostinglagoon.com to get a free domain, and set this place up on a temporary host. It's alright for a while, but Snorkel enters the picture. He says he has a place to host it. He gets it set up, but within minutes we crash due to all the people. Apparently 100 people logging in at once is bad for servers. Who knew? :P Back to the temp. host we go.

6. Snorkel finally finds a good virtual private server, which we needed due to the bandwidth usage and all that, and we realize that we need money. Lots of money. Starwindwizard7 very graciously donated $500(!!!) to pay for a full year of hosting, and we're in business. We (me, Snorkel, and Resident_Zoidberg) get the overall layout to roughly how it is now. We finally open!

7. We add more mods and admins, and the member count explodes. We add a really cool feature, NFES, which the admin of virtualnes.com graciously let us use. And, well, here we are now.

Did I forget anything? >_>
Thanks
Starwindwizard7,  Snorkel, JMV and Silver

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on November 17, 2007, 12:14:00 PM
Not to mention he didn't give enough time for people to come to this forum. :| We HAD 1500 members.
We're close to that...:P

NOA_ANDY

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on November 17, 2007, 12:14:00 PM

Actually, Metroid_Fan! wasn't responsible for deleting all of the accounts on the IPB forum.  There is one person I suspect, but I'd rather not reveal any names.

Kaz

1.) NSF is made. Failure ensues.
2.) Kaz joins. Great success.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Judas

NSider (the original) closed, and Metroid_Fan made some InvisionFree forums, which achieved some success, however his administration proved to be ineffective, and after a coup he temporarily shut down the forums. I injected myself into the situation and he asked me to run the forums for him, which I did for a couple days before opening these forums on a server with sufficient resources in conjunction with S1lver.
"With a heart of furious fancies, whereof I am commander, with a burning spear and a horse of air, to the wilderness I wander."

ZGDK

Where is M_F now? Who de-amined him? Isn't it unfair to ban him since he started this?

Tupin

Quote from: ZGDK on November 17, 2007, 04:00:11 PM
Where is M_F now? Who de-amined him? Isn't it unfair to ban him since he started this?
I think he's T-Virus now.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Rius

Well, M_F!'s at NSider2 now. O_o

Silverhawk79

Quote from: NINNIN6 on November 17, 2007, 04:07:10 PM
Well, M_F!'s at NSider2 now. O_o
Which is where he should stay.

JMV

Quote from: Snorkel on November 17, 2007, 03:39:10 PM
NSider (the original) closed, and Metroid_Fan made some InvisionFree forums, which achieved some success, however his administration proved to be ineffective, and after a coup he temporarily shut down the forums. I injected myself into the situation and he asked me to run the forums for him, which I did for a couple days before opening these forums on a server with sufficient resources in conjunction with S1lver.
hai i injected u
Boyah Forums | Join Boyah