News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Official 3DS Discussion Thread

Started by Thirdkoopa, January 06, 2010, 08:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on May 22, 2012, 08:12:21 AM
My college. Between the commute and the thousands of people on campus, I get a ton of tags. I have over 200 different Miis in the plaza, and I still tag new ones regularly. It's a shame that this is the last week of my semester, since I still need a lot more hats.      Oh well.
That place sounds like heaven with 200 3DS players.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: NoiseHunterChris on May 22, 2012, 03:16:36 PM
That place sounds like heaven with 200 3DS players.

Nah, just New York. A city with this many people has a lot of everything not named Vita.

Lotos

I want one, but don't have the $170 to spend on one (and I would also have to get Mario Kart, a points card to get VVVVVV, etc...).  I want a new one, as I will know that it hasn't been registered on Club Nintendo.

Any idea if that white one is coming out soon in North America?

I'd buy a red or maybe even a purple one if I find a nice deal, but I can wait for a white one if it comes out before next year.

Kayo

Quote from: Lotos on June 21, 2012, 04:45:44 PM
I want one, but don't have the $170 to spend on one (and I would also have to get Mario Kart, a points card to get VVVVVV, etc...).  I want a new one, as I will know that it hasn't been registered on Club Nintendo.

Any idea if that white one is coming out soon in North America?

I'd buy a red or maybe even a purple one if I find a nice deal, but I can wait for a white one if it comes out before next year.
You owe me some Mario Karting when you do. Just sayin'
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

3DS XL announced (no, it does not have a second circle pad; it doesn't even ship with a charger!), and NSMB2 has Day 1 DLC.

Nintendo is making such great and consumer-friendly decisions lately!

Tupin

Yeah, I'll just get the Nyko Circle Pad Pro that had a built in battery. The lack of a second circle pad makes an upgrade pointless.

Hey, at least they are giving out free levels with Professor Layton.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Tupin

Animal Crossing footage. Supposedly the translated title is something like Animal Crossing: Jump Out.

X-3

Apparently the NA 3DSXL will come with an adapter.

Also post-release DLC was announced for NSMB2 in the form of coin rush stages but I don't recall it being D1.

Tupin

Nintendo has a history of not including the AC adapter with their systems, especially in Japan.

So many good games for the 3DS. Why didn't they do these announcements for E3?

Neerb

Kingdom Hearts 3D demo is up!!!! Downloading now. Also, it occurs to me I still need to get a Circle Pad Pro...

DededeCloneChris

I played the demo already. And truth to be told, it feels really short but it gives you all the time to try it out. I need to get used to that camera and the flowmotion...

BTW, the 3D of this game is certainly amazing.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Tupin on June 21, 2012, 10:07:57 PM
Yeah, I'll just get the Nyko Circle Pad Pro that had a built in battery. The lack of a second circle pad makes an upgrade pointless.

Hey, at least they are giving out free levels with Professor Layton.
I never expected the CPP to be integrated. There's no reasonable way to add the extra shoulder buttons, and the only Nintendo game that uses it doesn't even use it for dual-analog controls. I'm not sure why everyone thought it was inevitable beyond wishful thinking.

zephilicious

with the 3ds being barely portable in the first place (what with no battery life and limited viewing angles) the xl version makes a lot more sense here than it did for the ds.

and obviously the extra circle pad was never going to make it, this is supposed to be the same device, that would fracture the market and hurt developers.
~~ <3

Zero

Quote from: zephilicious on June 22, 2012, 12:41:42 PM
with the 3ds being barely portable in the first place (what with no battery life and limited viewing angles)

3D is optional.

Mona

Quote from: Z on June 22, 2012, 07:16:16 PM
3D is optional.

He has a point about the battery life, though. If it's in sleep mode it will last all day, but not if you also wanted to, I don't know, play games on it while you're out. However, the XL one is supposed to have more battery life. Still not buying one, though.