News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Interesting: Heart Gold Soul Silver updates

Started by Neerb, June 10, 2009, 01:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza are accessible in the game, and if you trade over the Japanese Arceus from the upcoming movie, you can also get a level 1 Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina.

Also, the game will come packaged with a PokeWalk, which is a pedometer that you can trade a pokemon over to in order to give it experience and friendship while you walk, kinda like the DayCare but based on real life steps instead of virtual steps.

I'd say this game is now officially overloaded.

jnfs2014

Nayrman

jnfs2014

Level_9_Chao

I will be bringing that PokeWalk freaking everywhere and wearing it proudly.
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

bluaki

Eh, I wonder how the pedometer connects to the game.
While I'm hoping it's with the DS Local Wireless, it might be like Personal Trainer Walking's pedometer.
QuotePersonal Trainer: Walking uses an Infrared Game Card to connect to the included Activity Meter™ accessory
An Infrared Game Card, meaning that the back of the card is modified to look weird (imagine the tip of a TV remote or the black thing on the top of each Gameboy Color) as to support Infrared connection.
To me, this thing looks a little like a cross between Tamogatchi and that one Pikachu pedometer from who knows how long ago.
And, I wonder about its batteries. I've never had a Tamogatchi myself so I dunno what it uses for batteries either. I'm guessing it would use those small button cell batteries?
Regardless, I will bring that pedometer with me everywhere after I get SS this Christmas :d

Also, like Gold, it seems that Silver's character art is now much more feminine.
[spoiler=image][/spoiler]

In addition, Japan is getting a McDonald's Mystery Gift event of Jirachi on June 19, that will trigger some sort of event when transfered from D/P/Pt to HG/SS.
A bit of a note for this image, a demo of that Pokemon real-time WiiWare game will be also available to download on... DSi? This could mean that the game will release on both Wii- and DSi- Ware.
[spoiler=image][/spoiler]

bluaki

Today, clearer versions of the scans appeared, with more info:
  • Preorder bonuses: Ho-oh or Luigia figurines; Arceus bonus if both games are preordered.
  • Redesigned Pokedex, which displays the small icon of each Pokemon in a grid shape instead of just listing by name. 5x3 squares, 15 entries, are shown onscreen at once, and it uses touch controls to select a Pokemon or scroll down. The top screen displays all basic Pokedex info (image, description, footprint, height, weight, and type) and some buttons are on the touch screen to switch between different pages for things like Area, Cry, Forms, etc. With this being the division of top and bottom screens, the list will still be displayed while a Pokemon's profile is shown.
  • The text apparently tells that all 493 Pokemon are able to follow the protagonist.
  • The PC, bag, and pokemon status interfaces are all changed in a way that more heavily uses the touch screen.
  • I can't see much of this in the images, but bulbapedia says that the Johto map shown on the new scans includes the paths connecting to Kanto and confirms that the game will include Kanto.
    [spoiler=Image 1: NPCs, Pokedex, Map, Following, and Other Menus][/spoiler]
    [spoiler=Image 2: The four Hoenn legendaries and preorder bonuses][/spoiler]
    [spoiler=Image 3: The Notched-Ear and Arceus events][/spoiler]
    [spoiler=Image 4: PokeWalk and fancy Ho-oh/Lugia introduction screens][/spoiler]

ThePowerOfOne

What I want to know is what the differences are between HG and SS. I don't know which to get D:

I guess I like Ho-Oh more, so probably HG.

bluaki

Quote from: Phaze on June 12, 2009, 07:58:34 PM
What I want to know is what the differences are between HG and SS. I don't know which to get D:

I guess I like Ho-Oh more, so probably HG.
If they follow G/S, then Ho-oh and Lugia are available in both games. But if the box, title screen, and preorder bonus figurine are enough to make that decision for you, then go ahead.
There probably isn't much difference, just that different regular wild Pokemon are available.

Kierou

When do AMERICAN Pre-orders start? That's the question.

Fish

I'm probably going to abuse the Pedometer. I'm really looking forward to this game.

JrDude

The pedometer will easily be abused, just shake it a lot and there's many steps.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Lotos

Pascal

Thanks for all the information Bluaki :)
I can't wait for it to come out D:

Thirteenthorder

I can't wait ^_^

I believe I'm going to get Soul Silver.
When you're not lookin'...