News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

What the?! Weird Wii question...

Started by Tahrann, April 06, 2008, 09:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahrann

So, I was over at a friends how and they were playing brawl, so it was my turn and I took out my Wiimote with my custom settings, synced it, and then said I needed to do 2 things; 1. Put my controller combo on his Wii and 2. Download a stage from my SD card. So I plug in my SD card and his Wii turns off, so I though "Hey, thats weird..." so I pushed the power button... nothing. So I unplugged it and plugged it back in... still nothing. Everything we tried to do didn't work. So later on that night, I scanned my SD card and it did not reveal any viruses or spyware, so I don't think it was the SD card.

Any help would be nice.

I'm gonna try plugging in my Wii's power chord into his Wii and see if it works. If not, I will pay for its fixing.
Puts the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again!

WiiGuy

Um, well...i don't know what to say :-X
whats your controller combo?
Does your SD card work on your wii?

try different things, Pluging it in different outlets, try starting the wii with the sd card in the wii and without.

Hope you figure it out :-\

Silverhawk79

It almost sounds like the SD card somehow shorted something in the Wii, though I don't know how it would happen.

FruitFlow

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on April 07, 2008, 10:59:32 AM
It almost sounds like the SD card somehow shorted something in the Wii, though I don't know how it would happen.
That would pretty much be it considering the fact that it shut down after inserting it
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Zelda_Masta

Does your card work on your computer becuase SD cards cards tend to fry after a static electric shock.  If so then It probably fried our friends Wii somehow... dont know what to tell you, send your friends wii to get repaired if it still dont work.

QuoteSTOP MAKING SHINY ELECTRONICS!!!  People always think things look better shinier...until they touch them and leave an ugly finger print on its sexy little case

SkyMyl

Call Nintendo, report it on their tech forums, and check the outlet. Something similar occured with my brother. A remote of his (GCN) automatically shut the Wii off. We stopped using it, and there aren't any shorts now.

Try all sorts of combinations of controllers, different outlets, w/o the SD card, ect. Hope you figure it out!