News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Started by Tupin, June 15, 2010, 09:11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

Quote from: Nayrman on June 15, 2010, 06:55:49 PM
As long as the dark land below isn't ruled by GANON it'll be a great, original story.

Actually, it sounds like the Sonic The Hedgehog Movie plot.  :D

SkyMyl

"There will be lots of visual cues to identify enemy attacks and weaknesses, and the best way of relaying this to the player is through overexaggerating character designs, so full realism just wouldn't work. If we used the same graphics from Twilight Princess, the game would already be done."

And the graphics are so for a reason.

Quote from: Mewtwo on June 15, 2010, 06:51:24 PM
"This time around, Link is born and raised in a land called Sky Loft, a land floating above the clouds. It may sound unique for someone to live on a floating land, but Link finds it ordinary. A land beneath the clouds is discovered, it's ruled by evil forces, but Link is forced to go there. Link has to travel between the two lands in this adventure. The Skyward Sword is his driving force behind his traveling between lands. That mysterious figure in last year's art is the Skyward Sword. People suspected this to be the Master Sword...but spoiler alert, the Skyward Sword becomes the Master Sword. (laughs)."

HOLY PLOT REVELATION, BATMAN!!
Sounds perfect for Vaati.

Nayrman

Quote from: Mewtwo on June 15, 2010, 06:56:45 PM
Actually, it sounds like the Sonic The Hedgehog Movie plot.  :D

And ironically that movie was actually pretty good (dubbing aside).

Quote from: SkyMyl on June 15, 2010, 06:59:19 PM
"There will be lots of visual cues to identify enemy attacks and weaknesses, and the best way of relaying this to the player is through overexaggerating character designs, so full realism just wouldn't work. If we used the same graphics from Twilight Princess, the game would already be done."

And the graphics are so for a reason.
Sounds perfect for Vaati.

Glad to see a legit reason for the graphics and not ("Uh...we can't do realistic, we suck at that").
And, as long as it's not Ganon, I don't care...

Nayrman

BTW, I demand we get the ability to kill Navi in this game once and for all...for teh lulz.

Neerb

Q: "Will Zelda have orchestral music and/or voice acting?"
A: "We can't do what we did in Super Mario Galaxy 2 and not move forward and do the same thing in Zelda. We have people on staff looking forward to getting to work on that."

ORCHESTRATION TIME, BABY!!!!!! Not sure what this means about voice acting, though...

Nayrman

Quote from: Mewtwo on June 15, 2010, 07:14:49 PM
Q: Will Zelda have orchestral music and/or voice acting?
A: We can't do what we did in Super Mario Galaxy 2 and not move forward and do the same thing in Zelda. We have people on staff looking forward to getting to work on that.

ORCHESTRATION TIME, BABY!!!!!! Not sure what this means about voice acting, though...

Orchestra FINALLY.
Oh, and Nintendo, there BETTER be voice acting for the NPC's. You're doing VA in Kid Icarus, you're doing it in Star Fox since the N64. You don't  do it here when you have the best selling consoles like ever, and are raking in the dough from this, you're just being LAZY. No pressure though.

SkyMyl

Neerb

Quote from: Nayrman on June 15, 2010, 07:16:24 PM
Orchestra FINALLY.
Oh, and Nintendo, there BETTER be voice acting for the NPC's. You're doing VA in Kid Icarus, you're doing it in Star Fox since the N64. You don't  do it here when you have the best selling consoles like ever, and are raking in the dough from this, you're just being LAZY. No pressure though.

I'm fine with VA as long as Link doesn't talk and they do a good job at it.

Oh, they also mentioned the HUD will change for the real game; this is just a thing slapped on for the E3 demo. That's relieving; seeing a giant translucent Wiimote and Nunchuk at all times would tick me off.

Nayrman

Well, that's what I mean Mu2.

Link never has to speak, but the NPC's (Zelda/Ganon included if they're in there) NEED to talk. This isn't the N64 guys, with the amount of money you have, and how all the other big budget high profile games can somehow get epic stories and voice acting RIGHT (Metal Gear Solid, God of War, just to name a few), surely you can do it, right Nintendo? *looks at Twilight Princess* (MIDI soundtrack blares computer trumpets as Ganon gives his big monologue," BEEP BEDEEP BEEP BEBEEEP BWUIIIING! BEDEDEDEDEEEP")

SkyMyl

Midna spoke inaudible dialogue in addition to her text. And Ganondorf screamed in orgasmic pain when he died, so there were technically voices in Twilight Princess.

...full fledged voice acting would be pretty awesome, though.

Neerb

My friend just brought up an interesting point about the plot; could Link and his fellow Sky Loftians be Oocca, pre-chickenization?

Nayrman

Quote from: SkyMyl on June 15, 2010, 07:29:04 PM
Midna spoke inaudible dialogue in addition to her text. And Ganondorf screamed in orgasmic pain when he died, so there were technically voices in Twilight Princess.

...full fledged voice acting would be pretty awesome, though.
Banjo-Kazooie Jibberish doesn't count.

Quote from: Mewtwo on June 15, 2010, 08:00:51 PM
My friend just brought up an interesting point about the plot; could Link and his fellow Sky Loftians be Oocca, pre-chickenization?
*eye twitches* What has been seen, can't be unseen. (TALES...OF...INTEREST!)

Neerb

One more tidbit of "news" from the blog: in Skyward Sword, time no longer freezes when you drink a potion. Probably not a big deal, but it's something.

SkyMyl

They changed that? I guess to make everything more streamlined, and so you couldn't use potions in the heat of battle.

Also, someone get Tuppy back. This thread contains spoilers, and must be edited accordingly.

DededeCloneChris

A floating continent over a whole mass of land...

It's been done in a Sonic movie, and more recently in Final Fantasy XIII. Am I forgetting other examples?