News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Started by Tupin, June 15, 2010, 09:11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

Thread title edited to reflect the nature of the spoilers.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Allegretto

I'm not going to look much up on it until I buy it.

So it can surprise me.

Zero

Quote from: TheAuraWielder on June 15, 2010, 08:40:52 PM
A floating continent over a whole mass of land...

It's been done in a Sonic movie, and more recently in Final Fantasy XIII. Am I forgetting other examples?

Baten Kaitos comes to mind. I think the Tales of series had a few instances like that too. I'm probably forgetting some, but it isn't exactly original. Being original is difficult though.

Cornwad

I think it makes sense. Wind Waker was sea, TP was ground, and SS is air. That's some nice diversity you got there if you consider MM and OoT to be time.

Triforceman22

The whole "land in sky" thing really interests me....
I wonder where fans will put this game in the cluster intercourse  that is the Zelda timeline. :P

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

SkyMyl

Quote from: Triforceman22 on June 16, 2010, 07:10:01 PM
The whole "land in sky" thing really interests me....
I wonder where fans will put this game in the cluster intercourse  that is the Zelda timeline. :P
Before Ocarina of Time. It's totally confirmed by the spoilers.

I'm more curious to know what the Unpleasable Fanbase thinks of it. They're probably whining about the graphics and saying Ganondorf should be the villain. (Which he shouldn't)

Neerb

Quote from: SkyMyl on June 16, 2010, 07:14:58 PM
Before Ocarina of Time. It's totally confirmed by the spoilers.

I'm more curious to know what the Unpleasable Fanbase thinks of it. They're probably whining about the graphics and saying Ganondorf should be the villain. (Which he shouldn't)

After the bs they pulled with Twilight Princess, I'm sure almost EVERYONE would be fine with leaving Ganondorf out of this one; I personally like the Vaati idea (for Timeline scholars, that would confirm MC as the first, followed by this, then OoT).

Graphics, however, is something that will never please everyone when it comes to Zelda. For example, I personally prefer the realistic-toon style of OoT/MM, I loved the toon style of WW (under the right circumstances; the lesser graphics of PH/ST took away the color and charm to leave a scar on my mind), I wasn't a big fan of the realistic style of TP (like Eiji Aonuma just said in an interview, that style doesn't fit well with the fantasy of Zelda), and I'm starting to like this new toon-realistic style of SS.

Cornwad

So we're guessing between Minish Cap and OoT?

I just remembered today why I love Wind Waker so much, and why I'll probably love this new one. Wind Waker still looks just as good as the first day I played it. Ocarina and Majora's while still a lot of fun look like they were made out of building blocks, and Twilight Princess hurt my eyes when I tried to play it this morning. Wind Waker (and from the looks of it Skyward Sword) also reminds me of A Link to the Past, which also still looks pretty darn good.

Neerb

Quote from: Cornwad on June 16, 2010, 08:09:50 PM
So we're guessing between Minish Cap and OoT?

If Vaati's the villain, that's the only place it could go. Keep in mind, though, that it's not actually confirmed whether MC or OoT comes first; if this game makes no indication that MC comes first, certain timeline scholars may simply declare Skyward Sword comes first and leave MC where ever they already had it.

X-3

Sounds like pre-OoT to me. The land ruled by evil could be Hyrule during the crisis that sent OoT Link to the forest. Also we have a new sword turning into the Master Sword.

Neerb

Quote from: X-3 on June 16, 2010, 08:52:43 PM
Sounds like pre-OoT to me. The land ruled by evil could be Hyrule during the crisis that sent OoT Link to the forest. Also we have a new sword turning into the Master Sword.

I don't think they would put this during the Civil War (the pre-OoT event that left Link in the forest; each race had their own kingdom fighting over the Triforce, but the Hylians and Gerudo ended it by uniting the races into the world you see in OoT; of course, OoT shows that Ganondorf only helped the Hylian King so that he could get the Triforce easier), but I am certainly glad that we're getting a game about the Master Sword's origins; I've always wanted the Zelda series to go into more depth on reoccurring objects like that.

Magnum

Unpleasable fanbase.

Get Nayrman in here and we'll find out what they say :)

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Neerb

Quote from: Magnum on June 16, 2010, 10:55:19 PM
Unpleasable fanbase.

Get Nayrman in here and we'll find out what they say :)

I thought that only applied to Sonic?

Besides, he's been here a while now, and all he's griped about are: graphic style is odd, they need to fix the split-second lag in controls, Ganon better not be in it, and it better have real voice acting outside of Link.

I actually agree with the latter 3, though they won't be game breakers if they don't happen.

SkyMyl

Quote from: Mewtwo on June 17, 2010, 05:07:31 AM
I thought that only applied to Sonic?
Nah, while Sonic is the embodiment of rabid, unpleasable fans, Zelda's still got raging fanboys that ninny over everything.

Now for some Wild Mass Guessing. Meaning, I'm just going to guess the story. This game will connect with Majora's Mask in some way. Link uses the Skyward Sword in some way to expel the darkness from Hyrule in the end, and that darkness somehow becomes Termina. The last boss and primary villain of the game is the powerful demon known as Majora.

I'm not fully sure if I would want that, though. It would be fully explaining the mystery behind my favorite Zelda title, one of the best things about Termina in my opinion. I'll just leave this here and see what you guys think. Sure beats having Ganondorf here.

Cornwad

My guess is that the game is going to have your standard Zelda story, but now with two worlds. No connections to other plots or anything fancy like that. Link will be in his floating island, a girl will get kidnapped by the demons below, Link gets her back and then continues to free  the land from evil. Plot twist is that it was Ganon/Vaati all along.