News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Started by Tupin, June 15, 2010, 09:11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOREDFOREVER

No too Link having a voice, I don't really give a intercourse  about the rest of the world.

Yes to Ganon being the main villian.  I leik Ganon guyz.  But really, I like the idea of the same three cornerston characters being re-invented in the majority of the games.  It's like the fate of those three will always be intermingled with the history of the Triforce, always pulled back to it, and that idea resonates with me.

As long as the music isn't annoyingly bad, I'll be fine with it.

I just hope that this iteration has more content than Tp, and more replay value.  TP seemed kind of light compared to the other titles in the series, but that could just be me.

StarWindWizard7

I would rather have voice acting then just plain text.
I'm tired of read read reading info. I understand things a lot better if I Hear it, aaaaand IMO- having VA makes the game more Dramatic. You really feel (could feel) what the over all feeling of the mood of the game is, which I think is highly important in any game.

One of the best VA game to me was Baiten Kaitos (the 2nd game, not the 1st).
Of course, it needs to be done right, or else it can be epic failure (Sonic Battle 2 anybody?), lol.

Everything else about the game is fine with me, but ...I guess call me old fashioned, but Link starting his adventure in the sky...just doesn't seem right. He belongs in the forest or something. lol

SkyMyl

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on July 22, 2010, 07:10:59 PM
aaaaand IMO- having VA makes the game more Dramatic. You really feel (could feel) what the over all feeling of the mood of the game is, which I think is highly important in any game.

Cornwad

Yeah voice acting is always better, no exceptions, even if its bad. But then again, Nintendo is pretty terrible at finding decent voice actors, so there's that to consider. I hate it when you're playing Twilight Princess and during a really dramatic cutscene, a giant text bubble appears.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Cornwad on July 26, 2010, 06:38:39 PM
Yeah voice acting is always better, no exceptions, even if its bad. But then again, Nintendo is pretty terrible at finding decent voice actors, so there's that to consider. I hate it when you're playing Twilight Princess and during a really dramatic cutscene, a giant text bubble appears.
That only happened in Fire Emblem (Mist: IKE, LUK! OOP THAR!) and Falco's Brawl VA. Outside of that, everything's okay, you know.

Cornwad

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on July 26, 2010, 06:53:52 PM
That only happened in Fire Emblem (Mist: IKE, LUK! OOP THAR!) and Falco's Brawl VA. Outside of that, everything's okay, you know.
Woah, Falco's Brawl VA was hilarious.

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Cornwad on July 26, 2010, 06:38:39 PM

I know right? wtf. lol

And Why doesn't Mario Talk? I mean, he just about said every English word in the Dictionary with his randomness, LOL. I mean, Princess Peach talks....
I don't know what Nintendo is thinking.

Nayrman

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on July 29, 2010, 01:38:05 PM
I know right? wtf. lol

And Why doesn't Mario Talk? I mean, he just about said every English word in the Dictionary with his randomness, LOL. I mean, Princess Peach talks....
I don't know what Nintendo is thinking.
The main protagonist doesn't necessarily need to talk, as your simple "yes" "no" is fine, and not to mention Mario basically has zero personality. But the voice thing has pretty much been settled by the rest of the industry. Unless you're doing a retro styled game like Megaman 9, you kind of need voice acting for the NPC's

StarWindWizard7

I know he dosn't "need to"......... but look at Paper Mario...
Mario doesn't talk! He doesn't use "Text Bubbles" like everybody else. Why can't he engage in a conversation other then nodding his head, or opening his mouth/raising his arm.

If he can't talk, fine...but if he's in a game where he can't use Words to communicate with the rest of the game, I don't know what else. :P

Triforceman22

This month's issue of nintendo power confirmed that there is no voice acting.

personally, i'm completely fine with that.
I like reading text, kinda makes it feel like a book.
A really really good book....

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Triforceman22 on August 01, 2010, 09:05:18 PM
This month's issue of nintendo power confirmed that there is no voice acting.

personally, i'm completely fine with that.
I like reading text, kinda makes it feel like a book.
A really really good book....
Movies (video games with VA) is better then Books (Video games with Text)

:P

SkyMyl

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on August 02, 2010, 12:35:11 AM

Just look at Metal Gear Solid 4.

An absolutely fantastic movie.

Neerb

Kinda flew under the radar due to all the other things there, but Gamescom has given us a pretty nice look at the 5 minute demo from E3 (without technical issues now). This youtube video's mute, and the guy's camera's shaky, but the game itself is looking very nice, giving us a good look at real-time weapon change, real-time potion drinking, and... WAIT, LINK CAN SPRINT NOW?!

Here's another one (lower quality, though) showing an actual guy playing it. They still have the split-second lag (it's the EXACT same demo from E3, after all), but I've gotta admit, the control does look very accurate... too bad the guy playing sucks at it and tries to waggle-fest it like a total spaz whenever he's actually fighting.

Triforceman22

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on August 02, 2010, 12:35:11 AM

Most of Nintendo's great games don't have voice acting...

Besides, they would need a huge amount of people to voice all the NPC's...
alot of money would be spent on that, rather than other things in the game to improve gameplay. 

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

PsychoYoshi

Regarding voice acting in Skyward Sword, this is all I have to say.

Leave it text-based, unless you hire AAA voice actors. Link should be a mime regardless of whether or not the characters are voice-acted; a couple lines (Wind Waker) is fine, but no more than that. I'm a traditionalist, what can I say?