News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

So I'm thinking about getting Final Fantasy...

Started by Neerb, July 26, 2010, 10:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaz

If the cursing in FFVII surprised you, how on Earth do you play modern games? Good choice by the way, though FFVI is better.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Cornwad

I think Crystal Chronicles is supposed to be the best one.

Eizweir

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on July 29, 2010, 07:55:21 PM
If you want to play something that was robbed of its music, gameplay, and mood, yet somehow is good (even though it's far away from the series) FFXIII.
WHOA WHOA WHOA, Final Fantasy XIII is a great game.  There is nothing wrong with it's music (it's actually really, really good imho), the gameplay may be linear but so was X.  The battle system is new, not bad, and I have no idea what you're talking about saying the mood was 'robbed'. 

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Relichris

Quote from: Magnum on August 19, 2010, 03:36:11 PM
FF1 = Awesome
FF2 = Awesome (and terrible. My mind changes on this thing every day)
FF3 = JOB SYSYTEM!
FF4 = Jizz in my pants
FF5 = Meh
FF6 = The Joker X 1000
FF7 = Actually really good. Ignore the Yaoi
FF8 = Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... Draw... MASTERED!
FF9 = The Thief from FF1 got his own game
FF10 = BLITZBALL!!!11!!!11!!!1!!!!
FF11 = LEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY...
FF12 = Look my abs. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm you make me want to touch my nana. Mmmmmmmmmmmm my ding-ding-dong
FF13 = *Drool at graphics* Did they say something?
FF14 = ...YYYYYYYYYY JENKINS!!!!!!!!!!

QFT.

Potestas

My experiences with Final Fantasy are the following:

FF3DS: Nice, but boring and lack of saving abilities isn't nice.
FF4DS: Better than three, but I ragequitted at the horrible story.
FF9: Nice, but boring. I dropped it.
FF10: Ew, blitzball. I hate Tidus.
FF12: Nice, but boring once again.
Dissidia: Epic epic epic.

I think the series are really good, but I just don't really like them. The characters are only sometimes good and most of the times just dull. I hate grinding with a burning passion. Luckily not all of them require this.

Click the sig to level it up. Go to Ichimonai.com to learn more.

Eizweir

Versus XIII looks so badass

... too bad I don't have a PS3 :(
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Magnum

Oh right, I completely forgot about the extra games.

Tactics = lol we want to be Tactic Ogre
Tactics 2 = lol we want to be a children's game
Tactics 3 = lol my DS got stolen, but that guy with the spray on six-pack is in it, what could go wrong?
Crystal Chronicles = What is this, I don't even...
Everything else with the Crystal Chronicles name = What is this, I don't even
Final Fantasy Unlimited = Wait, they had an anime?
Final Fantasy Dissidia = Well, I believe the tier list can say more than I ever could.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Neerb

Quote from: Kaz on August 19, 2010, 07:04:05 PM
If the cursing in FFVII surprised you, how on Earth do you play modern games? Good choice by the way, though FFVI is better.

I can tolerate it; I just didn't expect it. Disney had twisted my perception of what Final Fantasy was.