News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Games that need more love

Started by SkyMyl, March 28, 2010, 02:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyMyl

Otherwise known as "underrated games no one bothered playing". Surely you know a game you played that no one else did, right? Like, maybe you were anticipating it and reserved it, or maybe it was a birthday present. Hell, maybe you just saw it in a store for a cheap price and bought it. And when you played it, you realize it was better than you thought it would be, and you thoroughly enjoy it.

But no one else played it. Your gamer friend? No. Your internet pals? No. GameFAQs? They start laughing at you. It seems like you're the only one that displays an interest in that game while no one else really does. Maybe it's eclipsed by a game in the same series, or perhaps another game came out at a similar time and just overshadowed it.

Regardless, what's that game that you think needs more love, and if it's unnoticed enough, even a sequel?

For me, it's Kirby('s) Air Ride. Such a simple racing game, one that only requires you to move the control stick, and press the giant "A" button to use the brake execute a boost. It was pretty darn fun, and it's one of my personal favorite racing games, to be honest. It's got three different modes, each equally fun, but I personally think City Trial was the best one. And I only know one other person that's played this game.

So, any games that you think need some more love?

Syncopathic

STOP PLAYING GAMES TILL I'M DONE EXCHANGING GAMES.

No really. It's one of the must underrated games ever.
It sold horribly, and at a time, you could find the game price as low as $1.99. I'm not even kidding. That's how much it was when I got it.
I'm so glad I bought this game. It's honestly one of my all time favorite games, just because of how fun it is.
I just wish it had a hard difficulty. Hell even finding REALLY good fan art for this game is a challenging task.
Oh, and the music. JESUS CHRIST BEST VIDEO GAME OST EVER. PERIOD.

Thirdkoopa

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Fun fact: About 80% of people who ninny about sonic have not played this game. I'm really not pulling that one out of my ass.

As for other underrated stuff nothing comes into mind quickly. If you're however saying "Games that some people may overrate but more people need to play" I can write a list up. Easily.
Quote from: Sync~ on March 28, 2010, 02:50:53 PM

INVALID YOUTUBE LINK.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

SkyMyl

Quote from: Third K on March 28, 2010, 02:52:12 PM
If you're however saying "Games that some people may overrate but more people need to play" I can write a list up. Easily.

Syncopathic

Quote from: Third K on March 28, 2010, 02:52:12 PM
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Fun fact: About 80% of people who ninny about sonic have not played this game. I'm really not pulling that one out of my ass.

As for other underrated stuff nothing comes into mind quickly. If you're however saying "Games that some people may overrate but more people need to play" I can write a list up. Easily.INVALID YOUTUBE LINK.
Holy intercourse  I love Sonic Triple Trouble.
It's really the only 8-bit Sonic game I can say I honestly enjoy.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Sync~ on March 28, 2010, 02:58:21 PM
Holy intercourse  I love Sonic Triple Trouble.
It's really the only 8-bit Sonic game I can say I honestly enjoy.
Holy intercourse  you do? Are we like, secretly related or something? I've been saying it's the best 2D sonic myself. One of the best OST's, amazing level design, best character cast, and so on.

As for stuff that's overrated but not given enough sales, Fire motherintercourse ing Emblem fits the bill right there. Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance are two pretty easy games to get started with the genre - Maybe not as good as say, some Mario or LoZ game, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't simple. Those two games are amazing.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Friendly Hostile

Obligatory mention of Psychonauts.

Dr.Hobo2

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on March 28, 2010, 04:36:31 PM
Obligatory mention of Psychonauts.
Indeed

Also, Earthbound/Mother series

Titus Andronicus

Tramps like us, baby we were born to die.

Triforceman22

as stated before, Fire emblem.

PoR and RD are intercourse ing awesome.

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Mystic

Kirby Air Ride
Geist
No More Heroes

Turok

[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
There are more I had in mind, but I'm drawing a blank right now.

Pre-Edit: & yeah Geist. MGS The Twin Snakes

[spoiler]
QuoteSo is it Capcom JPN or US screwing the PC release over? Both?
QuoteNUKE THEM FROM ORBIT, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE

PC GAMERS

If you don't give us what we want, we'll nuke you from orbit.
[/spoiler]

Friendly Hostile

Qsmash

The most hardcore fighting game of all time.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
seriously. Also JSRF, Kirby's Air Ride, etc.