News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

A future - NSFCD needs one.

Started by Thirdkoopa, May 30, 2010, 10:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wrath_of_Majora

Kill the forum, leave the IRC.
I don't think it's worth paying for. An IRC channel is free, though, and will contain most of the same users.

SkyMyl

Quote from: Thirdkoopa on May 31, 2010, 12:15:52 PM
1) Find a common bond. Something we can ALL try to agree towards and work towards. At least in some way or form.
This whole forum started as an Nsider spin-off. What was our focus in games? Nintendo. After that, someone condensed the various boards of Nintendo series into one board, and we got boards on the current First-Party companies, Third-Party companies in general, a Legacy Board that's been around forever, and now, this odd board out that no one even bothers using.

While we've deviated from our original focus, we still currently share a similar focus: games. We started out as a forum to bring in users from a Nintendo-based forum, and now, looking at our current board structure, you can see that we still focus on games, not exclusive to Nintendo.

Looking at most of our active members, we're all gamers, to some extent. Some more than others, some just casual gamers, but one of the main themes behind NSF since the very beginning is video games.

Quote from: Wrath_of_Majora on May 31, 2010, 02:25:50 PM
I don't think it's worth paying for. An IRC channel is free, though, and will contain most of the same users.
...didn't you just join?

The Riddler

Quote from: Wrath_of_Majora on May 31, 2010, 02:25:50 PM
We have plenty of users who don't use IRC and we'd lose them if we did that.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: SkyMyl on May 31, 2010, 03:15:01 PM
Games

Alright, let's start from there.

Any oppossed to something unrelated in the gaming market or anything we could potentially do?

Also leaving soon for a while so you guys better keep this thread with active discussion.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Night the Lucario

Well... if we're doing games, why not make it a Game Review site? From the gamers, for the gamers. Plot, Game play, Soundtracks, Difficulty, a few other things, maybe. Things a lot of people like/dislike about videogames. We can rate either out of 5 or out of 10, though I think out of 5 would be best unless we get more things.
When one lives by the pen, one dies by the angry characters you misused. But it's too much fun not to!
Forsooth, I AM insane! FEAR ME, YE MORTALS, OR DESPAIR AT MY INSANITY! *insane cackling*
Ahem. Anyone have an RP? I need an outlet for my randomness. ;D
Think another thought, dream another dream, live another lie.
I'm writing poetry. Anyone have a request?
I'm Night the Lucario. Although that should be obvious. Just look at the sig. Or title and PT.

Kayo

What about those two users you staff appointed as Squirtle Squad? Shouldn't they be doing something now?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Thirdkoopa

Alright I'm on my iPod but I'd just like to say to K before any poop stirs up is that this is a discussion EVERY active user needs to be a part of, regardless of who's on staff and who's not.

Once I get back from my plane ride I'll try to interpret any posts out to the rest of you so we can all be on the same page on this.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Zorua on June 01, 2010, 03:36:08 AM
What about those two users you staff appointed as Squirtle Squad? Shouldn't they be doing something now?
They are.

Kayo

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on June 01, 2010, 11:48:38 AM
They are.
I'd like to see some bonds or "bridges" formed between us and other websites. I see none. ;_;
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

SkyMyl

Quote from: Zorua on June 01, 2010, 11:55:58 AM
I'd like to see some bonds or "bridges" formed between us and other websites. I see none. ;_;
Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not there.

Quote from: The Offspring on June 01, 2010, 02:41:11 AM
Well... if we're doing games, why not make it a Game Review site? From the gamers, for the gamers. Plot, Game play, Soundtracks, Difficulty, a few other things, maybe. Things a lot of people like/dislike about videogames. We can rate either out of 5 or out of 10, though I think out of 5 would be best unless we get more things.
http://8th-circuit.com/

While they review things other than games, and do so very frequently, 8C is pretty much that. Don't forget that we're hosting them too.

Kilroy

Why do we do this every month or two?

Doesn't matter who posts it. Usually, it's Mack, but now it's someone different. But it's the same darned broken record. We've needed a focus since day one. A hang-out is what we are. A gaming hang-out, and a darned good one at that.

Every gaming niche is filled by someone bigger and theoretically better than us. What we tried to be is filled by NS2 (albeit poorly, but it's a pretty darned big fight to go through if we want that niche.) Game reviews? As mentioned, 8th-circuit. You can't go much more specific than "Nsider spinoff!" and "Game reviews!" without delving into the void that is poopty Invision free forums.

Every time this thread pops up, it's "We need activity! Let's get ourselves a niche!" This has popped up for the last year and a half, and we're still darned fine. I don't care if it's a fine line we're hanging from, for all I know, the line's made of intercourse ing carbon nanotubes.
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Zorua on June 01, 2010, 11:55:58 AM
They exist, believe me.

MoS

Silverhawk79

MoS

I have never heard of them, so I checked them out, 8th circuit has a small link to NSFCD on a page no one probably goes to, and I can't find anything relating to us on Ichimonai other than Vaatix doing something there, and obviously other than this thread i've never even heard mention of these websites, so I don't see how any "bonds or bridges" have been formed.