News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

A future - NSFCD needs one.

Started by Thirdkoopa, May 30, 2010, 10:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

Quote from: M҉̨͠O̵͟S̡҉̸͠͏ on June 01, 2010, 08:59:35 PM
I have never heard of them, so I checked them out, 8th circuit has a small link to NSFCD on a page no one probably goes to, and I can't find anything relating to us on Ichimonai other than Vaatix doing something there, and obviously other than this thread i've never even heard mention of these websites, so I don't see how any "bonds or bridges" have been formed.
Ichimonai is in the process of creating an affiliates page, just as NSFCD is. More so, we have a good flow of users going to and fro. We inform them of contests and v.v., and I believe Bored does so with had as well.

Kayo

Yeah but I see no affiliations or people showing up as new members from other forums. If we have new members from other forums, there's no more than 1 or 2 active ones.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Super

What NSFCD needs is more cowbell.

buttlord420

Quote from: Wrath_of_Majora on May 31, 2010, 02:25:50 PM
Kill the forum, leave the IRC.
I don't think it's worth paying for. An IRC channel is free, though, and will contain most of the same users.

Eizweir

I fell insulted every time somebody suggests dropping the forum and keeping the IRC.  I've been here since 07 and rarely ever go to IRC.  I don't plan to.

For now, just do everything you can to keep the forum.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Wrath_of_Majora

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on June 01, 2010, 07:16:12 PM
8th-Circuit and Ichimonai, for starters.
Wasn't the work of the "Squirtle Squad," obviously. I'd like to see them do something.

Allegretto

It's a forum, yeah we all have memories here but there's no reason to get so worked up over the fact that the forum is going to die, or that all of our members are going to leave.

It's going to happen, no matter what we do.

Go with the flow, until it happens.

Nothing can ever have an infinite future.

Kayo

Quote from: Wrath_of_Majora on June 02, 2010, 07:05:53 PM
Wasn't the work of the "Squirtle Squad," obviously. I'd like to see them do something.
They won't. It was just a little plot the staff thought of to TRY to do something. They didn't expect it to just fail. like:

"GUYS GUYS *big plans* WE ARE TOTALLY GOING TO PICK TWO RANDOM USERS AND GIVE THEM A RANK. THIS RANK AND THIS RANK ALONE WILL ENTITLE THEM TO HELP BRIDGE GAPS BETWEEN FORUMS. BECAUSE WE TOTALLY THINK WE CAN DO SOMETHING" ... *nothing happens* ..hey, sounds like Barack Obama.

But seriously, their biggest mistake is appointing specific users for this job. NOW, say there was an announcement, or a challenge like this:
"So I want you all to go and try to bridge gaps between us and other forums. I want you to try and negotiate with administrators of other forums to start bonds and affiliations. The users who can do this the most successfully and create a positive impact on the community of NSFCD will receive the Squirtle Squad rank."
..that would have had a better impact.
Hey, that would have given me a motivation to help. But the way it is now, I see no reason to. I'll leave that to the Squirtle Squad. It's their job, isn't it? Isn't that why they received this rank? No? Then why the hell do it?

Just another thing NSFCD's staff can't follow through with. They say the Squirtle Squad is doing work, but I see no proof. I see no improvement in the forum due to them at all. So I don't believe a word of it.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Lotos

Quote from: Wrath_of_Majora on May 31, 2010, 02:25:50 PM
Kill the forum, leave the IRC.
I don't think it's worth paying for. An IRC channel is free, though, and will contain most of the same users.

Then I'd have to deal with Riosan.  And Razor was annoying when he started chatting with Riosan about lost.  I'm also trying to figure out who JMM is and how he got OP when I don't see him posting here.

Also, there's a lot of idlers during the day it seems.  I know it's not our network, but we should push the users of #nsider who are not active to join here and post.  Even though MOS isn't positively contributing to NSFCD, he's contributing more than they are.

Dog Food

Quote from: Zorua on June 03, 2010, 12:28:54 PM
They won't. It was just a little plot the staff thought of to TRY to do something. They didn't expect it to just fail. like:

"GUYS GUYS *big plans* WE ARE TOTALLY GOING TO PICK TWO RANDOM USERS AND GIVE THEM A RANK. THIS RANK AND THIS RANK ALONE WILL ENTITLE THEM TO HELP BRIDGE GAPS BETWEEN FORUMS. BECAUSE WE TOTALLY THINK WE CAN DO SOMETHING" ... *nothing happens* ..hey, sounds like Barack Obama.

But seriously, their biggest mistake is appointing specific users for this job. NOW, say there was an announcement, or a challenge like this:
"So I want you all to go and try to bridge gaps between us and other forums. I want you to try and negotiate with administrators of other forums to start bonds and affiliations. The users who can do this the most successfully and create a positive impact on the community of NSFCD will receive the Squirtle Squad rank."
Hey, that would have given me a motivation to help. But the way it is now, I see no reason to. I'll leave that to the Squirtle Squad. It's their job, isn't it? Isn't that why they received this rank? No? Then why the hell do it?

Just another thing NSFCD's staff can't follow through with. They say the Squirtle Squad is doing work, but I see no proof. I see no improvement in the forum due to them at all. So I don't believe a word of it.
Hey, guess what, don't talk about things you don't know anything about. Just because you can't see something happening, doesn't mean things aren't happening. Staff spends a lot of time discussing poop and getting work done. There's a lot of behind-the-scenes action going through, plans being made, etc, and just because you don't see it, doesn't mean nothing is happening. These things take time. You don't even know MYL and BFB's full roles. They do more than just "bridge gaps"; things that are specific to them. Oh, and saying they were chosen randomly? I'd like to see you back that up. They were chosen for a reason, and they were intercourse ing great choices.

You can go ahead and advertise this site at other places, if you'd like. But you can't say that doing that would be the same as doing what MYL and BFB are doing. Once you have proof that nothing is happening and these users aren't doing anything, then come back here and complain. Until then, stop badmouthing the hard work that is going into these forums and start helping the cause, rather than criticizing others.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Lotos

Quote from: الذئب لص on June 03, 2010, 12:50:12 PM
Oh, and saying they were chosen randomly? I'd like to see you back that up. They were chosen for a reason, and they were intercourse ing great choices.

Oh, and saying they were chosen randomly? I'd like to see you back that up. They were chosen for a reason, and they were intercourse ing great choice

Stopped reading there, have to reply.  They're posting over at the other forums - I can back you up there.  I know BFB made a thread about us on Hadaway a while ago.  I think I've also seen one more recently.  I don't go to Ichimonai, so I have no idea what's going on over there.  I guess I'll give the place another shot in a few days once I'm done with my reports.

Kayo

Hey, guess what, don't talk about things you don't know anything about. Just because you can't see something happening, doesn't mean things aren't happening. Staff spends a lot of time discussing poop and getting work done. There's a lot of behind-the-scenes action going through, plans being made, etc, and just because you don't see it, doesn't mean nothing is happening. These things take time. You don't even know MYL and BFB's full roles. They do more than just "bridge gaps"; things that are specific to them. Oh, and saying they were chosen randomly? I'd like to see you back that up. They were chosen for a reason, and they were intercourse ing great choices.

You can go ahead and advertise this site at other places, if you'd like. But you can't say that doing that would be the same as doing what MYL and BFB are doing. Once you have proof that nothing is happening and these users aren't doing anything, then come back here and complain. Until then, stop badmouthing the hard work that is going into these forums and start helping the cause, rather than criticizing others.
Have you seen proof that what they're doing is actually working? I asked the staff what SS was currently doing, and I couldn't get an answer. I do have proof that nothing is happening. I don't see a single change that they're responsible for. So there are errors in your logic. They aren't doing anything I can see. If I find that they are doing something, I will stand corrected and take all this back. But until then, leave my opinion alone. Clearly I see nothing going on, you don't have to tell me what I do and don't see.

Also, I'm tired. So yes I am a little cranky. :(
[move][/move]

Dog Food

Quote from: Zorua on June 03, 2010, 03:07:25 PM
Have you seen proof that what they're doing is actually working? I asked the staff what SS was currently doing, and I couldn't get an answer. I do have proof that nothing is happening. I don't see a single change that they're responsible for. So there are errors in your logic. They aren't doing anything I can see. If I find that they are doing something, I will stand corrected and take all this back. But until then, leave my opinion alone. Clearly I see nothing going on, you don't have to tell me what I do and don't see.

Also, I'm tired. So yes I am a little cranky. :(
I know that they're working hard. Our staff isn't stupid, they don't promote people for no reason and pretend things are happening. And they don't give members staff ranks and let them join staff discussion if they aren't bringing something to the table. You don't have proof nothing is happening, you just have proof that nothing has been openly discussed with the public. Actually, you don't even have that. Mack has unveiled quite a few new events, and there are still others waiting to come. How do you know that MYL and BFB haven't been involved in any of them? Just because they aren't parading their achievements doesn't mean they don't have any.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

The Riddler

Quote from: Super on June 02, 2010, 02:12:10 PM
What NSFCD needs is more cowbell.

This. This. A thousand times, this.

Quote from: Xephyre on June 02, 2010, 03:47:24 PM
I fell insulted every time somebody suggests dropping the forum and keeping the IRC.  I've been here since 07 and rarely ever go to IRC.  I don't plan to.

For now, just do everything you can to keep the forum.
Also, this.

Quote from: Zorua on June 03, 2010, 12:28:54 PM

But not this. K, shut the intercourse  up.

ILY KJ. <3

Kayo

Quote from: الذئب لص on June 03, 2010, 04:27:06 PM
I know that they're working hard. Our staff isn't stupid, they don't promote people for no reason and pretend things are happening. And they don't give members staff ranks and let them join staff discussion if they aren't bringing something to the table. You don't have proof nothing is happening, you just have proof that nothing has been openly discussed with the public. Actually, you don't even have that. Mack has unveiled quite a few new events, and there are still others waiting to come. How do you know that MYL and BFB haven't been involved in any of them? Just because they aren't parading their achievements doesn't mean they don't have any.
Yeah okay, I would assume the staff would give credit where credit is due. I SAID. AS soon as I see proof I'll take everything back, just putting forth my HONEST OPINION.

And I'm going to stop talking, because NSFCD is a place where opinions aren't respected.
[move][/move]