News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Ladies and gentlemen of NSFCD, we are in deep peril as of July 18th, 2010.

Started by SkyMyl, July 18, 2010, 03:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on July 23, 2010, 09:16:44 AM
I blame SkyMyl, then. :l
Sky, good job ranting for days and not doing anything.

Did anyone think any of this through or was it a spur-of-the-moment thing as soon as Silver left?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Potestas

Quote from: Kianglo on July 23, 2010, 09:20:12 AM

Did anyone think any of this through or was it a spur-of-the-moment thing as soon as Silver left?
So he's not permanentally leaving?

Click the sig to level it up. Go to Ichimonai.com to learn more.

RX-78-2

Quote from: Mace on July 21, 2010, 04:31:09 PM
Sirs, your charges have been heard and scoffed at. Off with your heads accusations!
THAT'S IT. MACK USED THE WORD "SCOFF." I'M ON HIS SIDE NOW.

I kinda sorta secretly was the hole time but don't like choosing sides cuz I didnt want ppl 2 get pissy at me

You (all) can tell that I'm not taking this seriously, but--for all intents and purposes--I'm on Mack's side.

OPPOSE THE OPPOSITION
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Kayo

Quote from: Potestas on July 23, 2010, 09:29:39 AM
So he's not permanentally leaving?
No, I thought that was mentioned.

Actually, SkyMyl probably didn't mention that Silver would be back in 2 weeks. He only went on a trip.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

RX-78-2

Quote from: Thirdkoopa on July 19, 2010, 02:39:52 AM
BECAUSE NOTHING HAPPENS HERE

THUS BY REVIVING MARCH MADNESS, THINGS HAPPEN AROUND HERE. THE LACK OF DRAMA MAKES THIS SITE SLEEP AND WHEN THERE IS DRAMA THERE IS SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT.

THIS IS NOT HARD TO COMPUTE. i just want to feel like a intercourse ing dragon again sheesh.
I get what you're saying, but this is just all "fake" and overplayed to me. I'd much rather have real drama. I generated a bit of it with FH while he was still here and a bit with long discussions with other users as well. That was "real," but after a while, no one (including myself) seemed into it anymore. If you want drama, I'll give you drama. All I ask for is nearly absolute freedom of speech.

In short, nothing good (no real drama) is better than something bad (fake drama).

my bad for being a tad late and kind of double posting
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Potestas

Quote from: Kianglo on July 23, 2010, 09:37:04 AM

Actually, SkyMyl probably didn't mention that Silver would be back in 2 weeks. He only went on a trip.
My bad.

Though that's good news.

Click the sig to level it up. Go to Ichimonai.com to learn more.

SkyMyl

Quote from: Kianglo on July 23, 2010, 09:20:12 AM
Not my fault. None of you have made any effort to rebel against Mack.

Not to mention he hasn't been attending to GoldEagle80 as much as he let on, originally.

Quote from: Kianglo on July 23, 2010, 09:37:04 AM

Quote from: SkyMyl on July 18, 2010, 03:59:09 PM
As of Saturday, July 18th, 2010, our beloved Head Administrator, central provider of NSFCD, and humble college student Silverhawk79 has departed from his position of Head Admin for two weeks, to leave and explore what lies beyond the front door of his house. God help that man survive for two weeks, in an unfamiliar region.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: RX-78-2 on July 23, 2010, 09:41:11 AM
I get what you're saying, but this is just all "fake" and overplayed to me. I'd much rather have real drama. I generated a bit of it with FH while he was still here and a bit with long discussions with other users as well. That was "real," but after a while, no one (including myself) seemed into it anymore. If you want drama, I'll give you drama. All I ask for is nearly absolute freedom of speech.

In short, nothing good (no real drama) is better than something bad (fake drama).

my bad for being a tad late and kind of double posting
baw too serious

shut up we want real drama :l
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

SkyMyl

Quote from: Thirdkoopa on July 25, 2010, 12:35:55 PM
baw too serious

shut up we want real drama :l
Real drama?

Hang on, I've got an poop hole to drag out.

SkyMyl

It's been one week since Silver left, if my memory serves correctly, which it probably does not. This vagina cleaning devicebag made an announcement topic in GoldEagle80, and here on Power On. In the topic, Mackordick describes what exactly the project is, and what is going to be done in regards to it. Since we're halfway through, and this poop hole hasn't been as active as he's let on in the Staff board at Area 6 (Watch both of my staff ranks on NSF/A6 get removed when this is over), so let's see what he has described in this post of his, and if I can pick out anything whatsoever.

Welcome to our newest NSFCD Project - GoldEagle80.

This project is really the first true collaborative for NSFCD, as far as I know. You see, Silver actually has been bummed lately: NSFCD has been running slow, in more ways than one, there are bills to pay, and all in all, he's sort of been growing out of the site.

NSFCD's first true collaborative? Tell me, why has none of the other Staff nor most of the active members not contributed much if it's our first collaborative? To make a point, everyone, contribute. Please contribute to this project, in all honesty. Because my intentions are to make this site better, and if we shun a project to help the very man who created this place, what do we gain in return? A slow, unfortunate demise.

So, where do we begin?

1. Arcade Games Galore: starting tomorrow, we're going to add in arcade games like crazy. At least 3 a day for the duration of his absence, and most, if not all, will have scores. I want suggestions, feedback on my picks, and, of course, plays.

This is my inattentive feelings toward the Arcade, but I certainly know that Mack has not added three games every day to the Arcade, nor have many people suggested games. He says "at least 3 [games] a day for the duration of his absence," something that he has not done. No one's bothered adding games to the Arcade aside from...how many? Maybe he added three on the first day, but that's it.

2. Skin updates/fixes/NEW RELEASE?: a list of things that need fixed across all skins but Experimental would be grand. If you've got an issue, speak up.

Something that genuinely needs to be addressed, would be the skins being fixed, right? To be fair, the only problem I can see on one skin is that the "viewing this board" segment of the topic has text that needs to be highlighted to be viewable, but that's it. The skins shouldn't be "fixed" because there's nothing wrong with them. Instead of "fixing" some "problems" that you are obviously too lazy to check yourself, you're getting others to check these problems for you, which they are obviously not doing. Maybe I just don't see anything myself, but what should be going on is improvements being made to the skin itself, making things look...I don't know, better, more streamlined, less bland...general improvements towards the skins themselves. Really just a massive nitpick, I'm sure.

3. Slightly higher activity: I know, this is stupid, but it'd be nice to see a few more posts squeezed out while he's gone on a daily basis. This is the easiest thing you can do to help!

And yet, no one has done anything. You need to encourage the userbase more for them to post, just saying "hey fgts, post moar" won't work. Giving them a reason to post, in addition to providing a forum that we care about enough to post on, would theoretically work, but why is the 15 year old pointing this out? Plus, it's not just posts, dumb poop. More worthwhile posts that could be responded to, preferably outside of Power On, and more topics across the forum in general.

4. Banners: TK/me/whoever are going to make banners for us. Ideas would be swell. Make them funny. Make them game related (let's keep it game related guys), etc.

Yeah, fine. I've nothing to ninny about here, aside from no one else volunteering aside from TK. Does no one have any banner ideas? We have a scrolling banner, and game related suggestions wouldn't kill you, as it could be from any game. Just throw a character or object from a game into your mind, convey the character or object you decided into words, and type those words out in a post, and when you're done, post it. But this, in itself, is a massive nitpick that isn't directed at Mack, but is stretched out enough to be directed at the members of the forum, and for that, I apologize. That's losing my point.

5. Next Board of the Month: get your suggestions in

WHAT A GODDAMN PERFECT DESCRIPTION. Nothing else, no capitalization, just a simple "intercourse  you suggest poop" towards the members, and that's a wrap. Wonderful.

6. Game nights of sorts: this has been planned forever, but we need to get some poker, isketch, etc going on. If you're in, let me know. Oh and trivia.

Halfway through this project, and guess what? This hasn't been mentioned further. There's a quick mention of trivia, but another game night, one that has presumably "been planned forever". How about making a whole topic regarding game night, floating it, and then putting an announcement in Power On, notifying everyone who doesn't go to any other boards? Instead, you're going to casually slip it in with the rest of the announcements, with no further mention of it. Beautiful.

7. Mysteries of the Campfire: In case you forgot this bad boy, it'll be starting as soon as I can transcribe what has been written into typed form. PLAY IT AND DON'T FORGET OR I WILL CRY

It's not like all of us know what Mysteries of the Campfire is, namely those who weren't around for when we did Camp NSFCD, a whole summer project that died horribly. You don't even tell us what the intercourse  it is, nor do you make any mention of it again, just like Game Nights! It's playable, so it must be a game! He actually did make a thread about it, seen here, and you know what? It still doesn't say much about what MotC is. DoucheMace is just as vague as James Cameron and Keiji Inafune. Fucking wonderful. You're either in, or you're out. You won't know what it is if you don't remember, or weren't there. It's a playable story. That's the only hint we've got.

8. Mack Interviews: three in this time. Only one spot has been filled. DO YOU WANT INTERVIEWED?Again, we're halfway through the week, and not one interview has been posted. He's going to have to shuffle if he's going to get these reviews out on time, which I doubt he will. The one interview that has its spot filled will probably be released sometime in mid September, if we're lucky. The forum will die before the other two interviews are posted, if work isn't done to maintain this place. It doesn't help that DoucheHoleMcFuck hasn't been as active as he claimed he would be, again.

9. Theme Change: We've been on this Pokemon theme for far too long. It's time for a change. Elections will be held.

Not much to say. We've been Pokemon themed, and the Pokemon hype hasn't died. All the more reason to change themes, right? And again, if he's looking to do all this before Silver gets back, then I doubt that he'll be actually get this theme switched in time. I'll admit that in the thread he actually bothered to post, which addressed this particular action, there's been progress, with Rare being the mos popular suggestion thus far. Can't fault him here, aside from the prediction that he'll only get to this after Silver has returned from his leave.

And you know what? I'll push the risk further. I mean, why not? He clearly isn't taking this seriously enough. Not the "drama" I'm "forcing", but the whole project he even suggested to each Staff member. And you know what? They aren't either. Mack, Light, Bored...they're the only ones who even bother giving a poop about this whole thing. If Star was here, I'm sure he'd help out, and Star actually did come back for a short period. How and why is beyond me, but it was nice seeing posts from him again. Regardless, when it comes to Mack, look at his activity. Even in the Staff board here, he nor the staff have discussed anything. Yeah, I totally just went there. What the intercourse  are you guys going to do for me mentioning what goes on in the staff board? Nothing.

Also, here's a quote from him on the Staff Chat from Area 6, regarding a rather inconvenient timeframe where only TK and I would be the active Staff members there for 1-2 week(s).

Quote from: Mace
Silver is gone. Zero is gone. And I'm ruling NSFCD with an iron fist.

Mack has been every bit as active at NSF as he has been at Area 6. Actually, maybe he's been slightly more active here at NSF. But really...has he done anything so far? He hasn't done much aside from starting GoldEagle80, but he hasn't taken it much further as he's let on. This "reign of Mack" isn't even threatening anymore, I'll admit. He's too intercourse ing lazy for us to end his reign of power, looking into this a bit further. He's not even doing anything.

And you know what? He's not going to bother reading this. And you know what else? Silver will come back, and nearly all of the very things this vagina cleaning devicebag has promised will not be fulfilled, if he'll even bother to finish going on with this.

If he is reading this, then prove me wrong. Prove to me that you aren't a lazy son of a ninny when it comes to NSF. Yes, people have lives outside the internet, but you know what? In the time you've been logged on since Silver left, you've left us with hollow promises. Prove to me you're doing poop, because I'm the only Staff member going against you, strictly because I'm more normal member than I am Staff, and I can see...maybe half of the Staff board. Nothing has been discussed. Nothing.

Yeah, what's going to happen now that I've posted all this? Either my points will be dismissed and countered, or I'll be demoted, because this may as well be intercourse ing Youtube.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: SkyMyl on July 25, 2010, 07:45:02 PM
Prove to me that you aren't a lazy son of a ninny when it comes to NSF.
To be fair, everyone else on staff is lazier.

[spoiler]i still like you guys

/too kind for his own good[/spoiler]
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Java

SkyMyl

Java, you should expect nothing less.

Now come out and face me, you snide canuck. I'm not going to stop, even if I get demoted, watched or even banned.

Macawmoses

First of all, I was just made Manager of my place of employment. And received a hearty raise for my trouble. My trouble comes at the cost of time at forums. However, I think I've every right to advance myself first before NSFCD. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but my personal life IS more important than NSFCD. That's the bottom line in this, unfortunately.

Which brings me to a repost from Area 6:

my intercourse ing cat died

To expound, the cat I've had since I was a wee lad. The cat that spent every moment she could with me. The cat whom I love pretty much more than anything in this world. Including, again, NSFCD. So intercourse ing forgive me for being a human.

Now let's address your points directly. First, staff activity.

Zubat Harem 12.50%

I've 12.5% of 2728 posts. That's about 300 of the 2700 posts...which is fascinating, as we've had about 300 staff members in that board. From Rob. To Vaatix. To Riosan Dill Silver Star Totla Bored Light Wolf Zovi Sync Zoidberg Snorkel JMV etc. The staff board has never been a particularly active place, and seeing as this is a community project, it doesn't need discussed behind closed doors.

As for arcade games, several uploaded. Unfortunately I forgot the fact I have to make them viewable to the users (oops!). My bad. That will all be fixed at my earliest convenience. For now, I guess I'll enjoy them.

In terms of skins, there are several fixes. Some are admin only (the acp is messed up in Night Prowler text wise), some are user end (buttons missing) or otherwise. They're across the board. I'm not going to spend hours hunting down errors on skins I don't use. I'm going to stick to the one I'm comfortable with (NP) and work on it. There are limitations to my coding ability, and the skins themselves, that prevent me from making things more streamlined. Then again, I wasn't hired for skins, bluaki was. Again, this is a collaborative project, not a "we ninny, you do" project.

Moving on, as for providing forums you care about welcome to your fifth point. I'm absolutely overwhelmed by the suggestions for the next Board of the Month. They're truly numerous in every way. Wait a minute, I have myself confused with another forum I administrate that actually has proactive members. You are out to change the whole attitude of the forum (3 Stock,  No Items, Fox Only, Power On). It's not going to happen. My goal in all of this is to lay the groundwork for the community to become more integrated with the site design and direction. Not a revolution.

To your fourth point now, seeing as it's not aimed at me, I'll have to say I'm surprised at the userbase. Usually when an administrator claiming an "iron fist" gives the users full reign over every aspect of the forum (you don't get the irony, do you?) they jump on it. But NSFCD amazes me once again...they break the mould every time.

Furthermore, Game nights aren't on me to plan. Did you miss the part of this being a collaborative? Last I recall, the board is publicly available for posting. What's stopping you from getting something set up (I do seem to recall your staff rank)? Or Rob? Or Light? Or TK? Or Godzillllllla?

As for Mysteries, which I must say I'm incredibly proud of, it's meant to be vague. More details will be revealed when I've polished up the story with my new cast and revisions. A sign up established, and the like. It's not meant to be an earth shattering game, though. It's just meant as something fun for the family that watches PG 13 shows. A little appreciation towards the fact I'm at least doing something would be nice, but hey, this is coming from me.

Interview wise, surprise, I have one done. I have another lined up, and no one has volunteered for the third. That's ignoring the sheer amount of editing that goes on. Using Mikoyan's interview, for example, the discussion went on for more than an hour. Cutting out the parts that are rambling, the lines "Mack says", and fixing the chat speak up to pass as somewhat grammatically correct takes a ton of time. In Miko's case, it took me an additional two hours. Two hours I don't have (in a row) right now.

Theme wise, again, it's NOT JUST ME. It's a hard concept to grasp, I'm sure, but collaboration has the following definition:

"Collaboration is a recursive process where two or more people or organizations work together in an intersection of common goals — for example, an intellectual endeavor that is creative in nature—by sharing knowledge, learning and building consensus. ."

TWO OR MORE. NOT ONE.

That said, let's again address my iron fisted rule that happens to involve me giving, for the first time in NSFCD history, complete control to the users. It seems facets of literature, such as irony, are lost here.

Et tu Brute?

Thirdkoopa

You want a real answer that isn't these page long replies?

Everyone is killing the site. Not Mack, Mack's not magically doing it alone and if we were to judge "People doing it the most" He's not even close to that list. if I was in Silver's shoes, I'd rather wish for the community to be gone now than to keep arguing like this if it doesn't even truly plan on going uphill. It's been going on for months.

The uphill involvement needs to be made by everyone as a whole. Whether it's inviting people to join Werewolf games, ideas on making the place more fun, or hell, just something. If everyone did "Something" we wouldn't be stuck in nothing.

That's the kind of true uphill involvement people need to make. We don't need long posts to tell us this, we don't need stress, we don't need staff drama. It's so simple that the answer is right in front of you.

This is an easier said than done situation but if you don't start now, where do you start?

and I'm going to pick a place I've seen lately this summer via lurking.

To those who lurk IRC, why? Seriously. You say how boring this site is. well gee it's not like irc's much more interesting most of the time. Why not just leave the site as a whole?

And no, I meant what I said. I'm not taking a word of what I said back.