News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

What do You believe in?

Started by StarWindWizard7, August 10, 2010, 04:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Level_9_Chao

Hmm, lemme think.

1. I believe you are ignorant/lazy if you follow a religion, but choose not to study about others.
2. Muslims are mostly very nice people. Darn you society for convincing us otherwise.
3. Evolution is totally real.
4. I don't follow Satanism, but its "eleven rules" are mostly pretty reasonable, although utopian.

I've just started talking to a pastor that my friend knows, and while it's for the most part typical Christian stuff, he has some good points. I'm trying to learn all major religions so I can at least know all my options. Why not?
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Level_9_Chao on August 16, 2010, 04:46:43 PM
Hmm, lemme think.

1. I believe you are ignorant/lazy if you follow a religion, but choose not to study about others.
2. Muslims are mostly very nice people. Darn you society for convincing us otherwise.
3. Evolution is totally real.
4. I don't follow Satanism, but its "eleven rules" are mostly pretty reasonable, although utopian.

I've just started talking to a pastor that my friend knows, and while it's for the most part typical Christian stuff, he has some good points. I'm trying to learn all major religions so I can at least know all my options. Why not?

11 rules? What are they?

Level_9_Chao

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
3. When in another's lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.
5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.
7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
9. Do not harm little children.
10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

Some of them are sort of funny (the MATING SIGNAL) but none are really stupid.
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Level_9_Chao on August 16, 2010, 09:23:55 PM
2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.
7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

That just sounds like rules anybody could just make up in a home in Today's world.
Can't help but to say that these seem "normal" for what ever normal is. All you really have to do is be Considerate it would see,
HOWEVER, because of my personal "BELIEFS" I'll just avoid these rules and continue to do what I normally do.

yikes.

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Level_9_Chao on August 16, 2010, 09:23:55 PM

Mating signal, huh?
* Silverhawk79 drops pants
MATING SIGNAL, ACTIVATE.

Mystic

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on August 17, 2010, 10:57:05 AM
Mating signal, huh?
* Silverhawk79 drops pants
MATING SIGNAL, ACTIVATE.
More like distress call.

phatyo

1.I believe in no god Hence why I'm banned from serious discussion board. I out smarted everyone.
2. I believe in the more money you have the less you care and the more chances of survival you have.
( Which is what having life is if you think about it, just look at animals )
3. I believe that school will not get you rich. At all. Just another working human in this society working for a rich person who most likely didn't even go to college.
4. I believe everyone will bash on me for even being on here and posting my opinion.
5. I believe that not even half of this forum will find a wife.
6. I believe that I was not been serious on that lost view
7. I believe in capitalism
8. I believe that I am never going to die lolz.

ThePowerOfOne

Anyone else feel stupider after reading that?

JrDude

I do, I also laugh that he basically gets his own special rank due to the fact that the Serious Discussion board has been gone for a long ass time.
[move][/move]
Dude .

SkyMyl

Quote from: phatyo on August 17, 2010, 10:59:19 PM
8. I believe that I am never going to die lolz.
You believe that you're immortal?

Tahrann

[spoiler]
1. I believe that there is a God
2. I believe that Jesus is the son of God
3. I believe in the Trinity
4. I believe that the Bible is true
5. I believe that the world is at least 10k years old
6. I believe it is stupid people doing stupid things that makes religion look bad
7. I believe that Texas is bigger than France
8. I believe that the love of money is the root of all evil
9. I believe that people don't want to change because they are afraid of it, even though they say that change is good
10. I believe that Phatyo will die first out of all of us[/spoiler]
Puts the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again!

Turok

[spoiler]
-I believe that there is a god
-I believe that Jesus is the son of that god
-I believe that the Bible is mostly true, but should be taken more as a set of morals, than a history. Kinda hard to be accurate through hundreds of revisions & 2nd, 3rd & 25th hand knowledge.
-Evolution is a part of god's plan, there is so much documented evidence of evolution, it's almost impossible to refute it exists without seeming narrow-minded
-I believe that love is a lot less special than society makes it out to be. Of course it's easy to say this when you're not in love.
-I believe that whatever form god may take, he will accept us into heaven based on what is in our hearts, not by what holy book we read from or by what building we worship him in.
-I believe that for our corruption & political problems to go away, society should have more control over the government, not the other way around. A lot harder to be a general political or business poop hole when everyone is watching.
-I believe in karma
-I believe that we should deal more harshly with criminals, get rid of 'em or reform them. They take up too much space just vegetating in a cell block.
-I believe that the government has a duty to honor & allow Unions for gay couples. A law cannot tell your church to marry you, that you need to work out yourself, but the law should grant you the same rights as traditional couples.

I'm not explaining this last one completely, as I could take a whole page to fully explain my view, but the religions are the problem here, not the laws; At least if you want a marriage in the traditional sense.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
QuoteSo is it Capcom JPN or US screwing the PC release over? Both?
QuoteNUKE THEM FROM ORBIT, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE

PC GAMERS

If you don't give us what we want, we'll nuke you from orbit.
[/spoiler]

Kaz

i believe that i deserve a position of power around here
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

phatyo

Quote from: SkyMyl on August 18, 2010, 12:39:09 PM
You believe that you're immortal?
No, but I do think that as we are advancing in technology and science that longer life spans are possible. Maybe and I'm hopping they do find a vaccine that could stop aging all together before our life spans are up. But thats just hope. If you can't tell I wasn't really serious there -__-

Kaz

Quote from: phatyo on August 18, 2010, 10:15:00 PM
No, but I do think that as we are advancing in technology and science that longer life spans are possible. Maybe and I'm hopping they do find a vaccine that could stop aging all together before our life spans are up. But thats just hope. If you can't tell I wasn't really serious there -__-

"Vaccine" implies that aging is a virus...which it's not.

Here's an idea - maybe we could find a "vaccine," as you would so call it, that could cure you of stupidity. Or maybe a "vaccine" that could cure us of you.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.