News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Downtime Announcement: Starting April Off

Started by Macawmoses, March 20, 2011, 07:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

Sir Silver and I are pleased to announce a round of downtime. This downtime will last from Thursday, March 31st to Sunday, April 3rd.

The downtime is not specifically scheduled, but will focus on the move to the new server. The Thursday night will feature back-ups. Anything posted after the back-up will not transfer over.

Because of the nature of other sites, like 8th Circuit and SHH MOM!, NSFCD is scheduled to be re-uploaded last. Thus, you likely will miss your daily dose on at least Friday. Sorry about that.

Silver and I will be posting updates on twitter (@aaronhudspeth, @MacKinnon_Kyle) throughout the weekend, as well. Also during this time will be the re-launch of the Area 6 forums. It will be available for the staff during this time (as well as a view only preview for users) and officially launch on the following Monday.

All told, it's a tall order. Hopefully the sites on our server won't be terribly slow like they are now. Oh, and things are guaranteed to break. Yes, yes they are.

Will promises be broken again? :(

But uh, hope everything goes well and that there's not too much trouble getting everything set up.
...̅̅̅

Silverhawk79

It should be fairly painless. The longest part will be uploading everything.

Magnum

Within that time is April 1st, so I instantly don't believe you :3

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

SkyMyl

Quote from: Magnonymous on March 20, 2011, 08:47:18 PM
Within that time is April 1st, so I instantly don't believe you :3
Funny, Bored already had his suspicions in the board no one can see.

Kayo

So that means no April Fools joke? UNLESS...
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Friendly Hostile

Psst:

[spoiler]The joke is they're just not going to bring this place back.[/spoiler]

Silverhawk79

Quote from: The Doctor on March 20, 2011, 10:08:03 PM
Psst:

[spoiler]The joke is they're just not going to bring this place back.[/spoiler]
We'll say it went peacefully in its sleep.

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: Marty McFly on March 20, 2011, 10:11:37 PM
We'll say it went peacefully in its sleep.
Would be more like admitting that granny died long before the plug was pulled.

Custom

if nsfcd dies will people make an nsfcd for nsfcd like nsfcd did for nsider?

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

The Riddler

Holy poop it's been a whole year since gayday?

JrDude

Quote from: Custom on March 20, 2011, 11:26:28 PM
if nsfcd dies will people make an nsfcd for nsfcd like nsfcd did for nsider?
Probably, with an even less deserving head admin with undeserving staff. Kinda like now except all will be partially less deserving.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: JrDude 益 on March 21, 2011, 12:41:17 AM
Probably, with an even less deserving head admin with undeserving staff. Kinda like now except all will be partially less deserving.
Will you still be playing the role of the forum ninny?

FruitFlow

"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."