News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Melee! Pokemon Scramble!

Started by Neerb, June 05, 2009, 02:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In what is thankfully (and yet, somehow pathetically) the greatest and most anticipated advance in Pokemon gaming history, Melee!  Pokemon Scramble! is the first Pokemon game to finally have real time battling!!!  For download on WiiWare for 1500 points on June 16th in Japan (meaning probably pretty soon here, too), the game features the ultimate, or at least first, Pokemon battle royale.  Play with up to 4 total players at a time as you control chibi Pokemon Ranch-style Pokemon to progress through the story and overworld, fight swarms of enemies in arenas, and of course, collect and power-up more Pokemon as you go along.  Each Pokemon can have 2 attacks at a time, though you can change those to new moves just like the other games do with 4 attacks at a time, and you can even save your Pokemon onto a Wiimote and take them to another Wii!

I don't care if it's chibi, WiiWare, and took too long to get here; Real Time Pokemon fighting is FINALLY here, and I'm buying this game on day 1!!!!!!!

Matt

I'm just as glad as you are, but to be honest... this looks like it's going to be a real piece of poop game.

Qsmash

This looks like it could be fun. It almost reminds me of Pokemon Stadium.

SkyMyl

Are my suggestions actually being used!?

I'm so buying this game.

jnfs2014

This game....uh....looks like crap.

Seriously, Pokemon TOYS!?

darkmario

looks cool. I'm kind of mad that nintendo is cranking out all this new cool stuff after I've spent all my money.

jnfs2014

LIES! Seriously, what the heck. Nintendo has released only shovelware. Casual shovelware.

Neerb

A good idea is a good idea, and even if this game does suck, it at least means Nintendo isn't against the idea of real time Pokemon.

I've waited 10 years for this freaking game, and I'm buying it first chance I get.

Neerb

Video.

Heck yeah I'm buying this.

Also, Official Japanese Site.

JrDude

Wow, looks like reverse SEGA to me. Horrible graphics but awesome gameplay! (looks like it anyway)
I so want this!
[move][/move]
Dude .

darkmario

Quote from: JNFS2014 on June 05, 2009, 06:49:23 PM
LIES! Seriously, what the heck. Nintendo has released only shovelware. Casual shovelware.
I wasn't talking about the wii ware. Or shovel ware...

SkyMyl

Yeah, I'm still buying it.

...Chibi Pokemon are cute. =3

Macawmoses

You guys are aware this is made by the company in charge of Pokémon spinoffs, right? As in, quality titles like My Pokémon Ranch. Yeah. I'm not looking forward to it.

Rius

My friend told me about this yesterday, but he couldn't remember the name so I was like "Pokemon Battle Scramble Melee, wtf?!" But the concept is interesting, I guess; not the Pokemon iteration I wanted, but meh. For some reason, this reminds me of Amazing Island...

Neerb

Quote from: Macbeth on June 06, 2009, 04:23:48 PM
You guys are aware this is made by the company in charge of Pokémon spinoffs, right? As in, quality titles like My Pokémon Ranch. Yeah. I'm not looking forward to it.

Duh; it's the 100% exact same chibi models as Ranch.  We're just really excited that the concept has finally become reality; it's a preview of what's possibly and hopefully to come, and to me, that's worth a mere $15.